Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$8 C-more Battery!

pau605177

I went to the local Radio Shack preparing to get hosed a good $5-6 for a 1/3 N battery. I have purchased them there before, I know they are not cheap. Nobody else around has them.

It takes a little mental conditioning for me to accept the ridiculous price of these little bastards, before I decide to stock up. Anyway, when I arrive, I find they are now $8. WTF? Don't you just love being a consumer, getting screwed at every turn. Not this time, I didn't buy any.

Edited by pau605177

I sell the Duracell for 4.00 if you buy 5 at a time. This may end up going up since cmore raised the price. I had a customer call from Duracell the other day who is supposed to hook me up.

I also just got in a generic 1/3n. They are going to be about 2.00 each. Not sure how long they will last. We will give em a try and see how it goes. Doesnt really matter when you use it for one match and leave the scope on though.

I got 357's delivered cheap a while back, and bought a BUNCH of them. My back up scope is on the gun, and it uses a set of batteries per week, the dot never shuts off completely. That reminds me I still need to send in my primary scope that died.....

I sell the Duracell for 4.00 if you buy 5 at a time. This may end up going up since cmore raised the price. I had a customer call from Duracell the other day who is supposed to hook me up.

I also just got in a generic 1/3n. They are going to be about 2.00 each. Not sure how long they will last. We will give em a try and see how it goes. Doesnt really matter when you use it for one match and leave the scope on though.

I purchased some cheapo batteries before and they barely made it through a match. I then purchased the 5 pack from Chuck (Duracell), They last a lot longer and the dot is brighter. I have made two major matches, a lot of dryfire, and the battery is still going.

Good Luck !

i bought a pack off ebay that were advertised as dog collar batteries.

They are OK. I rarely run the thing at full brightness with them. they seem to last long enough as I am guilty of not turning it off sometimes...........

You can also improve on this price at Microbattery.com, especially if you buy in bulk.

Another generic 1/3N, Still not as good as 5/10.00

• Replacement for CR 1/3N, 2L76, DL1/3N

• 3 v @ 150 mAh

• Photo Lithium Battery

• Dimension: D: 11.8 x H:11.0 mm

• Blister pack 1 pc.

Quantity

Price

1 – 4 $3.95

5 – 49 $3.75

50 – 99 $3.50

100 – 499 $3.25

500 – 1999 $3.00

2000 – 4999 $2.75

5000 + $2.50

cybergiftcenter.com

They got the genuine duracell 1/3n for $2.49. I ordered a bunch and it's fresh stock individually packed.

They list them as a DL-1/3NB. The ones OEM from Cmore are just DL-1/3N. Not sure what the B means. They also say the B's are 2.95 retail and we know the N is more than that. Maybe somebody more technical than I can note the difference.

cybergiftcenter.com

They got the genuine duracell 1/3n for $2.49. I ordered a bunch and it's fresh stock individually packed.

They list them as a DL-1/3NB. The ones OEM from Cmore are just DL-1/3N. Not sure what the B means. They also say the B's are 2.95 retail and we know the N is more than that. Maybe somebody more technical than I can note the difference.

Whatever they are, I haven't noticed any difference in performance between these and any duracells that I've used in the past 3 years from you, from the web and from Home Depot when they have them.

cybergiftcenter.com

Whatever they are, I haven't noticed any difference in performance between these and any duracells that I've used in the past 3 years from you, from the web and from Home Depot when they have them.

I may have to find some of those myself so I can offer them. I am hoping the generics i just got and sell for 2.00 each will have good performance as well.

Hey, slight thread drift here but as the newbie Open shooter here how long will a Duacell "normally" last?

If you remember to turn it off, it will last a fairly long time. It depends on how much you shoot. I have gone a couple of months on one, when I remember to turn it off.