Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI magazine polishing help

glockstan

Hi there,

I need to polished my STI mags to mirror finish, what's kind of tool or compound solution do I need, is there any instructions show you how to do it on web, thanks for all of your input, very appreciated.

No secret on how to polish steel: start with sandpaper of about #600, then #800, then coarse polish then finer polish. I like to use a little light machine oil when I do the sandpaper step. You can use a Dremel with the soft buff wheel on the final polish steps just don't get the metal too hot. Auto chrome polish is good for a final polish.

Edited by bountyhunter

No secret on how to polish steel: start with sandpaper of about #600, then #800, then coarse polish then finer polish. You can use a Dremel with the soft buff wheel on the final polish steps just don't get the metal too hot. Auto chrome polish is good for a final polish.

Thanks, bountyhunter

Just FWIW... I found that polishing my mags to a mirror finish on the outside ended up being detrimental - they became slick in my hand, too, and I started dropping them during reloads :o The insides can be mirrors, but the outsides, for me, need to stop slightly short of that... ;)

Just FWIW... I found that polishing my mags to a mirror finish on the outside ended up being detrimental - they became slick in my hand, too, and I started dropping them during reloads :o The insides can be mirrors, but the outsides, for me, need to stop slightly short of that... ;)

DAMMIT......how do I stipple my mags !

...just kidding. :roflol:

shotgun?

shotgun?

slugs or birds shots :roflol: