Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Penguins at the North Pole?

NBC News just did a report about a 16 year old from the UK who is the youngest woman to make the trip to the North Pole. There was a shot of penguins on floating ice. Are there penguins who live in the Arctic or did NBC screw up and use video from their trip to the South Pole last Winter?

It's a polar bear/penguin exchange program.

I believe it was actually a state directed penguin busing/flying program to take them to the North pole while some of the Polar Bears were bused/flown down to the South pole. The penguins sued that they weren't getting equal opportunities and the PCLU (Penguin Civil Liberties Union) backed them up 100%. R,

You're not really supposed to pay attention to what journalists (can we still call them such?) say ... <_<

This morning I was listening (my bad, I know) to the news, informing us that since a local government measure to try and keep gasoline prices low has expired, and it can't be renewed until the new government settles in, we'll be most likely getting a 2c increase on the fuel price per liter by the end of the week, which will end up in a 12 euros increase per filling.

I happen to be able to do some basic math ... 0.02 x liter ... 12 euros per filling / 0.02 = 600 liters one filling ... :o