Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 South Carolina Section Championship

The stages have been approved and are posted at: www.southcarolina-uspsa.org :huh: . The conversion to PDF made two or three look a little funny (targets squished and barricades transparent), but you should be able to get the idea. I will try to correct them a little later.

Jack, I have been to the Web Site but am unable to get the stages to come up, or any response on the right side of that page. Could you please check it out.

Thank You

You're using Mozilla Firefox browser, I'll bet. Try IE.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My confirmation arrived today and I am really looking forward to shooting this match again. As usual, the stages are terrific and the match staff is even better. The only flaw these people have is that they just can't stop themselves from rooting for those pathatic local college football teams. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

My confirmation arrived today and I am really looking forward to shooting this match again. As usual, the stages are terrific and the match staff is even better. The only flaw these people have is that they just can't stop themselves from rooting for those pathatic local college football teams. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

I wonder how many games (read: tailgating parties) they miss if they use that calendar they used in the first post announcing the match? Carolina and Clemson offer

Remedial Calendar Interpretation 101 Tue Thu 1100 1115 on Mon Wed and Fri at noon...wait, that's happy hour. :cheers: Seriously, let's move to a Gregorian calendar-or at least oduble chick.

Kent,

You are right....Those "Clempsun" fans are pathetic......

• 2 weeks later...

Kent,

You are right....Those "Clempsun" fans are pathetic......

Whatever, I see who HAS to wear orange! :roflol:

Jack or Linda,

What time are we getting started on Friday?

Friday shooting starts at 9:00 am. Staff should be on the range no later than 8:00 am - 7:30 if they did not get in the night before to pick up registration materials at the hotel.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 SC State Match Statistician

Update - I changed the shirts a little. The design I had originally with the USPSA logo would have been too difficult to embroider in 1 color without making it huge. So, I went with the Palmetto like last year for the front of the shirts. The T-Shirt will have the shooter on the back. I selected an olive drab for this year.

Trivia: The Palmetto tree with "SC" design came from my great grandfather's Spanish American War Uniform. The 1st South Carolina Volunteers did not have U.S. on their collars like all of the other U.S. units at that time. Instead, they used the SC with the Palmetto Tree. We found his footlocker and uniforms in my grandmother's house several years ago. That is where I got the idea for the shirt.

uspsa_tee_proof3.pdf

Edited by Jack Suber

Jack or Linda,

Friday shooting starts at 9:00 am. Staff should be on the range no later than 8:00 am - 7:30 if they did not get in the night before to pick up registration materials at the hotel.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

That's awful early...could I get a wake up call or sumthin? :blink:

Jack or Linda,

Linda Chico (L-2035)

That's awful early...could I get a wake up call or sumthin? :blink:

<_<

Mike, as I remember, you had originally volunteered to work in stats. Fortunately for you, I assigned you elsewhere. Stats gets to the range at 6:00 am every day. Hence the over-sized coffee carafe.

And, see -- I avoided the opportunity to get a dig in on Randall. He thinks I pick on him too much. Actually, it was simply too easy. :goof:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

4 days til ROs shoot on Friday and the weather report looks good for the shooters and not so good for the ROs.

89 with a 40% chance of rain, with calls for scattered thunderstorms on Friday.

87 with a 20% chance of rain, with calls for partly cloudy on Saturday.

Then again, the local weather stations are batting .001 this year

FRIENDS, GOD LOVE EM'

I got big shoulders and THICK skin.......dig away.....Alarm Clocks....I need to look into those things..

And since I am not shooting SC this year I won't be there to "hold" up the match......BUT your ribs won't be sore Sun morning from all the laughter either......

Edited by DrawandDuck

FRIENDS, GOD LOVE EM'

I got big shoulders and THICK skin.......dig away.....Alarm Clocks....I need to look into those things..

And since I am not shooting SC this year I won't be there to "hold" up the match......BUT your ribs won't be sore Sun morning from all the laughter either......

Not to worry, Randall. We have Jack Suber, so we will simply be laughing about different omissions. :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

One more full day until the match starts. I am so looking forward to coming down and working the match hopefully the weather men are wrong and we have a beautiful match day for the RO's :devil:

I'm really looking forward to it. This will be the first big match that Tommy and I will attend.

Linda...I got my assignment via email. If it doesn't rain, do I still have to follow Jack around and make sure the tiger tail doesn't drag in the mud?

Jack...anything I can bring tomorrow to help setup? 8:30?

Edited by High Lord Gomer

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 89. West wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. North wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

From the NWS, looks like a hot day Saturday :surprise: