Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 6-6-03

Flexmoney

hard headed friends.

a buddy of mine at the 2003 Alabama Championship gun broke. he refused to barrow my gun or other offered guns to finish the match. we could have fixed his gun to boot. :wacko: he just quit.

lynn

I HATE GLOCKS!!!!!!!!!! I hate the way they jam. I hate the factory barrels. I hate the magazines. I hate the magazines. I hate the magazines. Oh yeah, the magazines suck a@@!!!!!! FML drop free my a@@!!!! My 34 was total crap. Factory ammo jammed. Reloads jammed. I called Glock and was told to try a different brand.

:angry::angry::angry: I hate the IDPA! "Airgunning is evil. Squatting is evil. It isn't in the rule book but I have a note from Dad!" Gimme' a friggin' break! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

-ld

(trigger zing)    not bad...not bad...

But... :D

...it's still faster than a malfunction clearing drill.

Well, sure!

I got to see just how slow clearing malfunctions can really be at the last GSSF match I attended! A GSSF match is a like SARS convention for Glocks . . . CHOKE-COUGH-CHOKE, repeat!

:P

But I should let up on the trigger teasing. Once you spend about $250 on a trigger job on a Glock, they're not that bad. In fact, they're almost as good as the triggers on my nephews' Super Soakers. :P

But I should let up on the trigger teasing. Once you spend about $250 on a trigger job on a Glock, they're not that bad. In fact, they're almost as good as the triggers on my nephews' Super Soakers.

My trigger job cost $50 and I now have a sweet 2 pound pull that will fire Winchester primers without a flaw. Maybe my glock was made on a Monday ;)

I heard that Hamas suicide bombers are favoring 10mm Glocks. They just walk into a crowd, point the gun in the air and start yankin' the trigger. It's simpler than a Semtex vest, the trigger feels about the same as a Camels teat, and they don't blow up until the bomber is ready. :lol:

Glocks are cheap, that is something.

To make a glock for IPSC

$569 Glock 35

$130 for Dawson sights

$200 for a Barsto barrel

$80 to fit the barrel

$75 for a Glockmeister Trigger Job

$60 magwell

$45 Glockmeister guide rod

$18 Extended slide stop

total= $1177 to make it IPSC ready.

Hmmm, not too cheap, I guess you were right

An extra $123 and you can get a good used S_I :ph34r:

Oh my, the blue (baby blue!?)Rhino (Ay Lucy, could you 'splain de blue rhino ting to me?) has thrown down the gauntlet!!

Since my poor excuse for a sidearm is a Glock M35 I will allow you to pick the venue and even the class (it seems my Glock IS capable, perhaps in better hands than mine, of being competitive in Limited, L-10, and production classes.

So, my challenge is pick your class with your admittedly beautiful Kimber vs. my plastic dinnerware in either IPSC or NRA -AP. Only events that truly challenge shooting skills count, of course, but no excuses for unreliablility.

Loser buys breakfast at Mann's, home of the ultimate cheap heart attack breakfast and trailer-trashiest waitresses'. A place where even a Para shooter could get a date.....

Hey, that could be a whole new thread. Where do I post it though...

Flex left. I'll help.

Seen more than 20 Beretta slides come apart.

Have more than a few 1911's going into fragmentation on video.

Nearly every KB I've ever heard of was a reload. Hmmm. Give a moron an explosive, a flammible solid and an igniter and something stupid happens, so the sheep follow the herd and blame the tools. DUH? Someone shoots a major nine, or 9 by 21 and blames the gun for coming apart. WHAT? I wonder if they've ever seen a correctly done pressure test. We do them at work, and what some of these closet chemists throw into a case challenges physics and metallurgy! I don't want to RO, I want to be well away!

My STI was bought factory new, and NEVER ran right, not even for 1 stinkin' 4 stage 60 shot club match in the year I had it! Over 5000 rounds, and all I got was good at malf drills! Gone at a big loss, Yep "Firearms at the next level" or some similar crap.

My glock's trigger aint so sweet, but knowing it'll go bang EVERY time is well worth the trade. So is the 20 percent bump in my limited calssification.

Just like the seiko divers watch I wear, it is not real fancy, but it is reliable!

Does this flame hurt even more knowing the glock jockies are winning with such sub-standard gear :P

I feel better now!

Tom

admin open...and re-lock

Sorry I left you guys hanging on the Flame War...I was off to "that state up north" to shoot their 3-gun match.

I'll just say this...I can break anything...and fix most things. I shoot the Glock, and worry less about either.

icon_bunny.jpg