Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 6-6-03

Flexmoney

The Friday Flame War is the place to zing your pals. Zing on!

All this talk about how pretty the "new blaster" is...but it won't run until you put a case or two of ammo through it...

...shower caps for the blaster...

...getting the 'ol slabside tuned by NASA, then it will run just fine...

GEEZ!!!

Get rid of those nickle-plated sissy pistols...get yourself a Glock!

You . . . you . . . BASTARD! :angry:

Now I shall flame my buddies:

BigDave is way too tall. If I can't be six feet, then he should not be allowed to be 6' 6". It's just wrong. :angry:

twix shoots a . . . GLOCK! :angry:

skeeter shoots a freakin' green freakin' Glock and he does it way, WAY too fast! :angry:

3Quartertime complains about staying up all night! :angry:

Nothin' but a bunch o' bastiches! :P

Get rid of those nickle-plated sissy pistols...get yourself a Glock!

Sure okay, that way we can melt 'em down and turn 'em into something useful like plastic silverware, or maybe better yet, shot timer housings.......

Steel is the ONLY way to go!! No plastic in my gunsafes. In fact, I STILL have not take delivery of the 35 I won in the Junior Raffle. I would hate to comtaminate my place with it, so am letting it sit in my dealers safe, until I figure out how to safely dispose of it.... :P:P:P

...Yeh, like DISPOSABLE plastic silverware...!! :P

You'll notice I sold my Glock because it fried my face! :o:angry:

How do you flame a GlockHead...??!! They're as bloody indestructible as their so-called guns!! <_<:angry:

3quartertime stays up all night because people with that much sense of humour can't sleep!! Ever! ;):lol: He'll just die laffing!

Hey, and no one mentioned that TREY is a GlockHead, too!!!!! :o:rolleyes:;) Let's get 'im!!

BDH,

What is the grip on your Limited blaster made of again???

Come on...if you guys are gonna flame the "plastic fantastic"* then you at least gotta mention the trigger, right???

(and hurry up...I gotta leave to go stink up Patrick's range with my clumsy 3-gunning...bus leaves in less than an hour.)

:lol::lol::lol:

--Rhino, I wasn't singling you out. I am sure you gun will run fine...eventually. :P

* "Plastic fantastic" phrase brought to you by Bryant Chaffin.

I thought I might shoot a Glock this weekend, but I forgot to start pulling the trigger on Tuesday. At this point, it's too late to start and get the striker thing to fall by Saturday afternoon. :P

I am with Flex on this one. Glocks are great guns. Although I still really like my Kimber. :D

What I hate are "Rubber Necks". My new job requires me to drive 120 miles a day round trip. At least twice a week there is a crash in the opposite lanes and those darn "Rubber Necks" going our direction have to slow down to see what is going on. :angry: Why can't they get a life...

Jim

I thought I might shoot a Glock this weekend, but I forgot to start pulling the trigger on Tuesday. At this point, it's too late to start and get the striker thing to fall by Saturday afternoon.
LMANCO!!! (Laffed My Ass Near Clean Off!!)

...OH!!!... and don't ever, ever get me started on the Glock TRIGGER!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!... :angry::angry:

...And how could you NOT like a Kimber...? ;):P

I thought I might shoot a Glock this weekend, but I forgot to start pulling the trigger on Tuesday. At this point, it's too late to start and get the striker thing to fall by Saturday afternoon. :P

(trigger zing) not bad...not bad...

But... :D

...it's still faster than a malfunction clearing drill.

vscared.gif

Ready, Set, Go.

I hate it when people aren't smart enough to figure out when they are in, over their heads, on gun repair or modifications, and then whine about it.

How's that for stiring up some stuff?

How about when you are at a match and someone can't get their gun to cycle... you check it out and it does not look like it has been cleaned or lubed forever. But they still want a reshoot :rolleyes:

With a little work a glock trigger can be just like a 1911's... well almost :D

It ain't nickel plated, it is bright stainless and the grips are ivory not mother of pearl. To quote GS Patton, "Only a pimp in a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pistol with mother of pearl grips"

I guess mother of pearl is better than having a pistol that looks like it is made of a recycled Firestone radial tire.

How about when you are at a match and someone can't get their gun to cycle... you check it out and it does not look like it has been cleaned or lubed forever. But they still want a reshoot :rolleyes:

Yeah. Or they bring the same crappy reloads..or mags...or extractor tha needs tuned...

Speaking of Kimber's and extractors...what is up with the reports I hear online about their new external extrator not working well??? :(

homfloat.gif

Wasn't that movie on yesterday? I wonder if he actually said that (likely) or if it was a quote "made for the movie"?

(i don't have time to look it up today)

Firestone radial tire.

???

You mean Goodyear, right? Glock's work.

(just saw my ride pull up..have fun on the FFW without me)

Last match I shot with two shooters shooting Glock, 1 had her slide crack the other had about 15 jams. Hmmm, 2 words:

:P - Glock Perfection - :P

BTW the owner of the Glocks is a Glock Master Smith, go figure. The really funny part when when he said he has 1 gun dedicated to putting broken parts on and sending it back to Glock.

Perfection my ass, I hate the hype. Glocks are average guns that have had the bennifit of incredible marketing, cut throat business practices by glock, and the good fortune of being the "in" gun in our fade oriented cultures.

I sold all my glocks and will never own one again. :blink:

I hate Brian and Duane and all the proponents of the "unbreakable" Wilson sight. The damn thing came perforated from the factory for faster, easier breakage. At least when I broke a Bo-Mar or other sight, I could repair it with a spare hinge pin or elevation screw.

I hate everybody who says it's my fault my sights break.

I hate that I have to load to damn near 180 power factor for insurance because of the junk science of chronographing.

I hate not having a local gunsmith anymore.

Jim,

Talking about needing lube, I was at a match the other day and watched a shooter (obviously new to the sport) at LAMR from a distance of 25 feet. When he worked the slide I could hear (with my muffs on!) how dry his gun was, in fact, while he was shooting I could see little sparks at the (1911) rail/frame junction! :huh:

I keep a little bottle of FP-10 in my bag “just in case”. I use Slide Glide but it’s harder to field install. When he came off of the line I respectfully offered to lube the rails because it “sounded a little dry” and was promptly told that was the way he liked it and he certainly didn’t need any help! :wacko:

I walked away shaking my head and muttering to my self (even more than usual)…

Ed