Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Benelli lube?

J-Ho

Other than the ever present olive oil what is you favorite lube for your Benelli, or other shotgun for that matter. Why? What are the pros/cons of lube A vs. lube B? I need to make a switch because the smell of olive oil put me in the mood to cook, not shoot. ;) So let me know what lube and why. What parts need to be slicked up more than others?

I do not own a Benelli yet, But on the Browning Autos ...PAM cooking spray works Sweet and it comes in Garlic.

If you leave it on for more than a few months it will gum up but for a gun that used every week it is fantastic.

in a gas gun. the crud does not stick and bolt moves fast.

I shot a borrowed Benelli and it would not be cool to test it on a loaned gun , when I do get one this month I will let you know.

My Benelli M2 seems to run well on Shooters Choice FP-10 it claims to give superior lubricating properties & an operating temperature range of -65 to 500 F

Although Im not planning to go anywhere that cold or that hot with it. :lol:

N

FP-10 is awsome stuff, I've been useing it in everything and just seems to last

better then anything else. For the Benelli I'm still useing the Benelli MF-82 lube that

came with my gun. It's real thin, like water, but works really well and does not gum

up at all.

You need to lube Benelli's???? :o

Actually, some years bakc I made up some snake oil for lubing guns......consisted of:

1 Quart Mobil 1 ATF

1 Quart Mobil 1 10-30

1 Pint of Prolong (Duralube works too)

Pretty much a lifetime supply of lube for your guns......will not dry out, lubes at a 'molecular' level and holds grit in suspension. Did a test on my SVI....3000 rounds with out cleaning. And when it did finally stop to function.....you could watch the slide slowly go back an forth. However, it is a great all weather lube. Use it in all conditions, from Rocky mountain, Dallas, Virginia, Missouri and Minnesota. Never frooze, never dried out. Even after 3000 rounds....it was still in liquid form.

Presently, I use the heck out of it on my guns.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

1 Quart Mobil 1 ATF

1 Quart Mobil 1 10-30

1 Pint of Prolong (Duralube works too)

+1

Make one batch and you'll never run out.

I use it on all my guns.

Works Great! :)