Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shred 3

shred

Just got a Dawson Mini-Gun Stroker. It's an excellent piece of work-- the slide stroke on this thing is so long you can rack it back and see daylight in front of the disconnector rail. I think Dave says it goes an extra 0.3". I was expecting more dot movement with the long travel, but it shoots soft and quick.

Finished and blued yesterday so I can take it to Area 4, it's run flawlessly since round 1.

It'll be chromed later, hence the slightly odd color scheme.

S3-2.jpg

I agree. Take lots of photos of it NOW so you can regret the hell out of chroming it later when you look at them. :P:rolleyes:

No, really, do whatever you want. It's awesome. ;) But the contrasts on it as it is NOW are interesting...

When it was first built, we kinda went 'eww..', but it grows on you. With a black instead of shiny chrome magwell it would actually look good as-is.

Too late for the studio photos though, we already went and shot it :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here it is, back from chrome. Sorry about the other pictures not appearing anymore-- SWBell is as yet incapable of fixing my DSL. It took about 6 months to get built, though I've heard the wait is less now.

IMG_0600-75-2.jpg

That looks great, I do like hard chrome as can be seen by my limited I just had built in previous post.

Besides liking the look, Its easy to clean, resists the Florida sweat, and makes the fit last forever.

Now I am getting the Open bug, to little time to many toys B)