Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

Here are the additions to the rules to accommodate Stage 1. I have added these to the rules posted online & will email notice of these updates to all shooters registered in the match.

---------------------------------------------------

9.3 Fixed Time (Par Time) Stages

9.3.1 Stages that are designated as Fixed Time or Par Time may limit the amount of time that a shooter may engage targets, or may limit the amount of ammunition available to the shooter for the stage, or may limit both.

9.3.2 Targets will all have a designated value in fixed time stages and the basis of the score will be the sum of points earned
a. Maximum point value for a single weapon stage will be 100 points.

b. There are no penalties for misses or failure to engage

9.3.3 Penalties will be based on points and subtracted from the stage score

a. Overtime shots will incur a 5 point penalty.

b. Procedural penalties will incur a 10 point penalty

9.3.4 Total stage score will be the sum of the earned points, minus any penalty points. Fixed Time or Par Time stages will not be hit factored.

----------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions about how the stage will be scored, let me know.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

18 sec flat or is there a grace time like in other fixed stages?????thanks

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Scout454's answer is an assumption,..........probably a pretty good one, but an assumption non the less.

I know of at 3 matches that will allow slugs on poppers and it not be a DQ, if its not in the rules I'd say you'd win that arbitration.

trapr

FB3G Competitors!! We have fianlized Stage 1. The action team shot the stage and it will be challenging. Good luck!!

Daniel

Questions, questions and more questions. Were all of the action team shooters able to get the max 100 points in the alloted 18 seconds on the first try?

Not that it's a problem, or even considered difficult, but I need a personal goal to shoot for... and then be happy with about half that.

I have it on GOOD Authority:

Hitting a steel target with a slug with result in a STAGE DQ and NOT a Match DQ. In addition to the Stage DQ, you will incur a $25.00 charge for EACH steel target hit with a slug. For clarification, if you hit the same target twice, your charge will be $50.00! :surprise:

Sandra

I have it on GOOD Authority:

Hitting a steel target with a slug with result in a STAGE DQ and NOT a Match DQ. In addition to the Stage DQ, you will incur a $25.00 charge for EACH steel target hit with a slug. For clarification, if you hit the same target twice, your charge will be $50.00! :surprise:

Sandra

.. does the aforemention authority have the power to put it in the rules/ stage discription along with the afore mentioned penalities if one were to be so malicious as to choose to do such a heinous act...... im not a range lawyer. but im staying in a holliday inn...lol

:cheers:

Pretty sure Linda and the AMU can make that happen by Friday morning when the RO's shoot without too much difficulty.

Rich

roger that..... just tryign to avoid the aforementioned squables that will ensue........ :surprise:

Questions, questions and more questions. Were all of the action team shooters able to get the max 100 points in the alloted 18 seconds on the first try?

Not that it's a problem, or even considered difficult, but I need a personal goal to shoot for... and then be happy with about half that.

Match Director Aaron Hampton assured me that the stage had been test fired by the AMU Action Shooting Team and by other shooters who were not GM class shooters. He shared my concern that the stage should allow shooters to post scores that reflected their ability (I, as a D class shooter, could expect to get about 40 to 50 points on the stage). The reason it took so long to finalize the stage was because we wanted to test this stage. If you are a A or B class pistol shooter, I suspect you will not get 100 points.

Previously, I think 2 years ago, hitting a popper with a slug was a match DQ.

Every year that I have been associated with the match, putting a slug on a steel target was a match DQ. Also, in every year I have been associated with the match, any specific of additional information about safety was included in the official stage safety briefing: the one that describes the stage procedure and is read verbatim to every shooter in the match.

I try not to reply to questions if I am not certain of the answers. So I will talk to the Range Master and get an official response about:

Par Time limits -- is there a 0.3 grace period for overtime shots on stage 1?

If the slug hits steel, is it a match DQ? I'm not sure what a stage DQ is . . . and I certainly didn't build one into the scoring program.

Pretty sure Linda and the AMU can make that happen by Friday morning when the RO's shoot without too much difficulty.

Rich

roger that..... just tryign to avoid the aforementioned squables that will ensue........ :surprise:

Tazmag, you must be new. Nobody squabbles with me. :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Match Director Aaron Hampton assured me that the stage had been test fired by the AMU Action Shooting Team and by other shooters who were not GM class shooters. He shared my concern that the stage should allow shooters to post scores that reflected their ability (I, as a D class shooter, could expect to get about 40 to 50 points on the stage). The reason it took so long to finalize the stage was because we wanted to test this stage. If you are a A or B class pistol shooter, I suspect you will not get 100 points.

Previously, I think 2 years ago, hitting a popper with a slug was a match DQ.

Every year that I have been associated with the match, putting a slug on a steel target was a match DQ. Also, in every year I have been associated with the match, any specific of additional information about safety was included in the official stage safety briefing: the one that describes the stage procedure and is read verbatim to every shooter in the match.

I try not to reply to questions if I am not certain of the answers. So I will talk to the Range Master and get an official response about:

Par Time limits -- is there a .03 grace period for overtime shots on stage 1?

If the slug hits steel, is it a match DQ? I'm not sure what a stage DQ is . . . and I certainly didn't build one into the scoring program.

Rich

Tazmag, you must be new. Nobody squabbles with me. :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

thanks linda...