Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like everyone else, pack for a lot of different occassions. I did Airborne School in June/July and while in most cases it was hot as well...southern GA in July, the weather did change about every 2 hours and the lovely thunderstorms that hit every afternoon were fun too.

Rich

Ok what waiting list number now stands a good chance of getting in? Gotta get hotel and yada yada. O, and everyone in don't laugh :roflol:

Just got the sponsor list today from Lee Dimaculangan. Updated waiting list numbers are going out tonight.

Please email me off forum if you have a question about a realistic chance of getting in the match. LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Any ideas about stages or when they will be posted?

Its starting to get close to match time.

I don't have stages or I would have posted them already. Nearly the entire AMU is in Bali for the World Shoot, except Robbie who I think is competing in the International Sniper competition. We usually try to post stages in early November. Last year it was November 7th. I am hoping we can get them up in the same time frame this year, but it is out of my hands.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The 2008 FB3G is near - please be patient as we continue to organize the match. As Linda has previously mentioned, most of the team is at the World Shoot (dominating). They will be back next week, but allow us to recoop and we'll be rolling again in no time. In the meantime - forward any match-related questions to me and Linda.

Thanks!

-DMAC

Edited by Lee Dimaculangan

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have my issue of Front Sight yet, so I was puzzled by all the shooters who were asking me the dates of the match. Then I got the following email:

Hi Linda,

Can you post and tell me what the dates are for the 3-gun at Ft Benning?

Front Sight magazine has it for Nov.30-Dec.-2 --I was told it was Dec.6-7

Thanks

So to set the record straight:

One day shooting is Friday Dec 5th

Sat - Sun shooting is Dec 6th & 7th

The dates listed in Front Sight are the dates of the 2007 match.

Not sure who posted the wrong dates. I sure didn't.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Due to lack of stage descriptions or diagrams, I guess all stages will be "Surprise" stages. Last years "Surprise" stage was the most fun I ever had in 14 years of pistol and 3-gun shooting.

Nope. World Shoot & Junior Camp just made us a bit late on posting stage designs.

I will be announcing the stages are posted soon. The AMU is doing some final "tweaking," and I hope to direct you to the posted stages this weekend. Once I get them, I will email everyone registered for the match & post a link on this thread.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Do we know what the round count is? I need to ship my ammo soon.

Thanks

Pistol= 101

Rifle=93

Shotgun=87+19 Slugs

Chris, this is the round count Linda sent out on Oct 19 via e-mail.

Of course these are the numbers provided ya' don't miss!

See ya there,

Jeremy

Linda,

I'm gettin' in on Thursday afternoon with Mr. Keen. :D Wanted to know if there's a place where we can confirm our zeroes.

Thanks,

Rich

The practice in the past has been that you are allowed to go to a practice range after you register and you receive your pass at registration. There is also another range now close by in Alabama where they might alllow you to check your zero if you are arriving that early. Ronnie Shores runs this range which is just about 5 miles into Alabama and he has in the past shot the match.

Hi everyone!!

Here is the link to what alot of you have been waiting for. The stages for the 2008 Fort Benning 3-Gun Challenge are now online HERE

Linda says that alot of you have been asking about the ranges for the rifle targets. We will not disapoint on the long range rifle. Be prepaired for 1 yard to 500 yard shots.

The Action Team has been working hard on these stages and they will challenge you. Good Luck to everyone.

Hope you enjoy,

Daniel

Linda wanted me to pass it along:

First, 2 quick changes:

ROUNDS REQUIRED

Pistol 92

Rifle 97

Shotgun 54

Slug 8

The WEAPONS DISCLOSURE AND RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT -- a required form to get your guns into Ft Benning -- has been modified. Please download & fill out the new form at:

http://lchico.5u.com/AMU/FB3GForm.pdf

Stages are now posted at:

http://www.danielhorner.com

New for 2008: Team Match!! Sign up at registration with a buddy to shoot as a team of two. Top 3 teams get cash. All individual shooters who participated in a team, regardless of where you place, are entered in a drawing for 4 free entries in the 2009 match. Avoid the sign-up process & waiting lists!