Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun

Does it REQUIRE 2 hits on target or do the HM guys still have the option of being ACCURATE and only using one round, this is used to advantage, when you have limited ammo capacity in your rifle and handgun.

Trapr

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Bad!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew what I was trying to post, I meant on paper targets. If 2 hits on paper are mandatory, that could prove interesting for HM shooters, a bigger waistline could prove to be an advantage, more belt room!!!!

Trapr

2 hits on paper....slugs only required 1 hit, but it was a scored hit! Actually, it was pretty novel to think about actually getting a decent hit on paper :)

Cheryl :)

2 hits on paper....slugs only required 1 hit, but it was a scored hit! Actually, it was pretty novel to think about actually getting a decent hit on paper :)

Cheryl :)

Maybe I misunderstood Linda but it looks like the only thing being changed from last year is the number of points each stage is going to be worth. If there is going to be any change on the number of hits on target needed to neutralize it, I have not heard it.

IMO one slug hit is enough but last year if it was a Delta, you had to tap it again.

Charles

If they use Blue Ridge scoring, two hits with rifle or handgun will be required on paper and they will be scored points down. One hit will be required with slugs and it will be scored points down.

My point Benny is that, thats okay requiring 2 hits on paper for folks with hi cap guns, people with limited capacity guns are going to have a tough time finding the room for all those mags when a multi gun course of fire is required, especially shotgun.

Granted, i have nothing but the past stages to base my opinion on, but to say that Accuracy was lacking from past matches, is only valid for certain divisions. it seems "TO ME" that instead of speed having a large impact on shooter placement in a stage, that ammunition on hand, will. Just My Opinion.

trapr

My point Benny is that, thats okay requiring 2 hits on paper for folks with hi cap guns, people with limited capacity guns are going to have a tough time finding the room for all those mags when a multi gun course of fire is required, especially shotgun.

Granted, i have nothing but the past stages to base my opinion on, but to say that Accuracy was lacking from past matches, is only valid for certain divisions. it seems "TO ME" that instead of speed having a large impact on shooter placement in a stage, that ammunition on hand, will. Just My Opinion.

trapr

Shooting heavy metal has never been for the faint of heart. :closedeyes:

Confirmations went out last night to anyone with Registration Codes under 163. Today I will send out confirmations to anyone 173 or under, provided I got a check & application postmarked by May 14. I thought giving everyone a week to fill out the application and get the check in the mail was fairly generous. A number of shooters missed that deadline.

Still looking for Saturday-Sunday shooters who prefer to shoot Friday, before I open up the choice of Friday to the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

If you are RO staff, you will hear from me soon, now that I have finally dug out from under that pile of paperwork! :surprise:

All confirmations have been sent. All waiting list notices have been sent. The numbers look a bit better than I thought, because a significant number of shooters never sent an application and check. I assume they were discouraged by high numbers in the Registration Codes. It moved nearly everyone up on the waiting list. If you didn't get an email message (or PM) from me about your status, please email me off forum (LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Hi all just want to drop a line on the progress of the match. A big thanks to everyone that registered. After verifying the "on click" times with data host the match filled in .26 seconds!!!!!!! Not bad at all, thanks again for the faith that we will give you a good match. It is too early to release any spoilers, just know it will be TOUGH, bring your A game and hope for the best, seriously 600 yard paper and movers are on the table. We have not solidified any stages yet, only concepts. I hope everyone understands the MOUNTAIN of paperwork that must be completed, staffed, sent before a committee, restaffed, rewritten, denied, redrafted, restaffed, lost, found, misdirected, returned from the committee, buried, dug up, burned, redrafted in a larger font, redrafted in a different font, rewritten in a different smaller font, driven to HQ, FedExed to Ft Knox, packed in a ruck sack, road marched till wet, dried, hydrated, shredded, used as fire starter, final draft, and finally approved. Well that is a LITTLE untrue; they very seldom get approved the first time around. In any case we have a lot to do to make this happen. Because of this we can not post stages early. The first step is to have the dates approved, the sponsor agreement approved by JAG, stages approved by Range Control and the Chain of Command. All these things take time, so we give what we can as we can.

This is our busiest time of year, and this year is busier as we are putting together a Jr clinic with MGM and USPSA as well as the WS and our usual Soldier training courses. I said all this to say, there are no sponsored shooter slots...........yet. Linda asked for anyone who would be a sponsored shooter to register online and send in an application, we REALLY need you to do this. No one, not even I knows exactly how many sponsor slots there will be, I do know there will be fewer than requested. I realize and appreciate the sponsors, most all of you know this as I have thanked you all personally. For those that know the trials of running a match, you understand the issue. I will get all the letters out as soon as I have official confirmation and the slot limit for sponsors.

Just trying to clear the air on this year’s event and why the information seems slow to release. Put your faith in our team this will be the best FB3G yet!

In closing PLEASE bear with us, all info will be out soon.

Thanks,

BigHamp

Hey BigHamp, you guys just do what you need to do, we will show up and know that it will be awesome! I missed shoot #2, but you can bet it won't happen again. How good is this match? My anniversary is that weekend, and I will be at the match. I will also be in the doghouse afterward....dreaming sweet dreams about all the fun we had!

Inquiring minds want to know--------What are the special toys and props for this year? Visions of Ma Duce are dancing in our heads.

Charles Bond

yeah, what he said!!!!...... first year i was talking to the AMU commander(i think?) Lewang(sp?), and he was all jiggy about the match. talked about starting off a stage with "Ma Deuce", blast a couple at a car or something. make that little M4 last year look girly.........

Hamp:

I want the members of this forum to know how you saved the USPSA JR World Shoot Team. What happened is we had a Jr Team Member who could not travel to this year's WS and had to fill the slot on short notice. When USPSA had no one else to look to, the AMU steps in and provides us an accomplished shooter who is under 21 to fill the slot. Mission accomplished and on the shortest of notice. Thanks Hamp. Thanks AMU.

Now back to the match. My advice this year is dig the holes for the water deep enough to start with and bring back your dad to do the food. Also that air powered machine gun would make the perfect distraction while engaging 600 yard paper. ;->

I'm reading some of the "new" rules for the Benning match this year, and it looks like some severe penalties for misses if the target is out at 100 yards or beyond. Why would you add a big penalty for missing a far target, but not for an easy up close target? rule 9.1.1.2

I'm reading some of the "new" rules for the Benning match this year, and it looks like some severe penalties for misses if the target is out at 100 yards or beyond. Why would you add a big penalty for missing a far target, but not for an easy up close target? rule 9.1.1.2

I agree, why penalize for misses on long range rifle target stages when they ALWAYS take longer to shoot anyway? Granted, most long range rifle stages in the past have been steel targets. Will we still incure the additional time on missed steel as well? :wacko: