Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 4 (or 6) classifiers for classifier match?

open17

Doing a Special Classifier match next month. What's the current opinion, now that the

08's are out etc., of the best classifiers to run? I'm thinking that ones like "Big Barricade"

and a couple of others that have weird props might work---they haven't been shot a

million times yet.

If you had your choice of classifiers that are fun to shoot and have the potential for a

good HF, what would they be?

Bill

You have to run classifiers with a reasonable HHF. Most are ok.

There are a few classifiers that nobody can get a percentage that matches their ability. Don't screw your customers by running one of them.

I hate stages that require multiple strings. I don't know why but I just do.

I like stages that test multiple things at once like Six Chickens - freestyle, reloads on the clock & strong hand. Not that I do well at them but I do like them. :)

Try an assortment. Most classifiers demand a certain skill or skills. Use classifiers that will demand varying skills. After all, you ain't gonna please everybody, but if there is a classifier that has a skill demand an individual thinks is his/her strong suit they'll be happy!

I like 6 round friendly classifiers, that way if there are revolver shooters they don't have to do standing reloads. Besides you may get some extra people bring out revolvers that normally would not with a 8 round friendly match. After all, this is supposed to be a fun game is it not?

I don't think too many people are going to like the 08 series classifiers, I know I dont, at least 3 that I looked at for my first match of the year have strings, 2 are 150', another is 105' w/strong hand only-45' weak hand only. 08-04 is 7 shot which makes it a challenge with my Revo. 5 out of 6 CM 08 stages & 03-02 Six Chickens not the start I wanted trying to move up.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can You Count? is easy to set up and a blast to shoot. The HF's are obscenely high (15+). Use that for one stage and then use Merle's Standards for another. Go from 2 & 3yd targets to 15- 35 yd targets. Both are easy to set up and require vastly different skill sets.