Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRS audits that end well!

titandriver

After two and a half months and $2000 to my accountant, the IRS, after initially wanting over $17,000 more for 2005, could only come up with a measley $200 shortfall. It was promptly forgiven as being "inconsequential" so I owe nothing, nada, zip!

I want to thank all of you who expressed sympathy and interest in purchasing guns that I thought I was gonna have to sell. To the one jackass in Texas ---pffffffffffffftttt!!!

Thanks again guys, you are truly the best of the best!!! :cheers:

After two and a half months and $2000 to my accountant, the IRS, after initially wanting over $17,000 more for 2005, could only come up with a measley $200 shortfall. It was promptly forgiven as being "inconsequential" so I owe nothing, nada, zip!

I think that next year you can claim that $2000 as tax expenses as get a rebate on it.

Funny you mention that, it was one of the things they "alluded" to during the final hours of the audit. Since my '06 books are in far better shape I welcomed the scrutiny. They dropped that as well, the higher ups could tell this turnip was bled dry already!

I've got two 260 Rems, one with a Lilja and the other with a Kreiger & Vais brake -- smokes 87 grainers at 3500fps and devastates those yodelers! :surprise:

I still want the .260 bolt gun. Let me know when they crawl up your butt with a microscope for 2006 taxes. :unsure:

Congrats Rich!!!

I had the "pleasure" of having my own special agent assigned to an audit many years ago that didn't turn out nearly as well!

So I guess this means I won't be seeing your "rat" SV any time soon!!!!

Glad to hear it worked out okay!

Years ago I totally screwed up my business taxes and it was the following year when I realized that I'd been making an error for the past five or six quarters....yikes! I called the IRS folks and started telling them what happened....half way through the nice woman said "oh, I'll bet you did xyz...that's happens a lot." They froze everything (no more interest or penalties) at that point and helped me sort it out one quarter at a time. Since I self-reported they were very helpful...totally surprised me. The woman even put a tickler in the system to go back and check a few months later to make sure nothing else popped up in their system and she called me to let me know that it was taken care of for good. Sadly, I had to write about $12K worth of checks to make up for a year and a half of stupidity, but it was what I owed so I can't blame anyone but myself. I was really amazed how nice they were about the whole thing. R,

John --- I'm sending it out to you as soon as I get home -- '06 March. Thanks to Mr. Bruce Gary for the Roupe grip, and some of your magic, the Dawson may be on the selling block after all!

Talk to ya soon! :cheers:

Congrats Rich!!!

I had the "pleasure" of having my own special agent assigned to an audit many years ago that didn't turn out nearly as well!

So I guess this means I won't be seeing your "rat" SV any time soon!!!!

I want to thank all of you who expressed sympathy and interest in purchasing guns that I thought I was gonna have to sell. To the one jackass in Texas ---pffffffffffffftttt!!!

Glad everything worked out but I think I see the problem with your accounting. See, down here we have a lot more than just one jackass. I think you need to work on your jackass counting skills. ;)

I can't even begin to imagine getting anally probed audited by the IRS. Glad it is over.

J-Ho ---- guess I shoulda said one particularily onerous jackass then; figured there was more than one, I just ain't met 'em yet! :cheers:

"Glad everything worked out but I think I see the problem with your accounting. See, down here we have a lot more than just one jackass. I think you need to work on your jackass counting skills. ;) "