Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RF 100 Primer Filler

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to meet the people or person that came up with the idea for that machine.

I must admitt, that I was a little apprensive about buying it, but it is money well spent. I have to tip my hat to those people at Dillon.

I'd still rather have a $39 VibraPrime if they still made them.

I'd still rather have a $39 VibraPrime if they still made them.

Ahhhh, the mythical Vibraprime.

A device praised by many, seen by few, and even claimed to be owned by one or two men.

I am of the opinion that this make-believe creature does not actually exist, but is merely another hoax

created by the internet. If it ever existed, it is enjoying 72 virgins with all the others that died for it's cause.

I, myself, will stay firmly planted in reality and continue to enjoy my RF100. :devil::devil::devil::devil:

the Vibraprime is made of Unobtanium.

I've been thinking more and more about getting a Dillon one, but do have some questions about it (probably answered somewhere else but my use of the search button was fruitless). Does it just fill one tube inside that larger assembly. and then you put that over the tube on your machine, or can you remove the tube inside that assembly, and put in another one? or will the primers fall all over the place if you do that?

I've been thinking more and more about getting a Dillon one, but do have some questions about it (probably answered somewhere else but my use of the search button was fruitless). Does it just fill one tube inside that larger assembly. and then you put that over the tube on your machine, or can you remove the tube inside that assembly, and put in another one? or will the primers fall all over the place if you do that?

Mine is set up for large primers. Dillon does offer the machine(RF100) in small or large primer setups. They also offer conversion kits, and you don't have to be a rhodes scholar to make the change.

I must say, with all of the negative feedback that I viewed about it, I was a little sceptical about buying one. But after buying, and using it, I can't see how anyone wouldn't be happy with it.

Slavex: The big tube is the primer tube. What I usually do is dump the primers in, hit the blue button, and forget about it. When my reloader primer alarm goes off, I pop out the RF100 tube load the primers in the primer magazine, and repeat the process again.

Hoofy: I'm enjoying mine too

Edited by cnjaxx

Basically, a fire and forget weapon. Dump the tray, hit the button. It fills the next 100 while I pull the lever.

I am no longer a fan of filling a bunch of primer tubes for a session. I only fill them as I need them now.

Many of my reloading rituals have changed since "the incident".

Basically, a fire and forget weapon. Dump the tray, hit the button. It fills the next 100 while I pull the lever.

I am no longer a fan of filling a bunch of primer tubes for a session. I only fill them as I need them now.

Many of my reloading rituals have changed since "the incident".

Tru that :cheers:

I wish I had as much luck as some of you guys have had with it. Thr blue tube is for small primers and the red tube is for large primers. No matter what I do I will have one or two primers flip or go in sideways. the tube does not get filled with the first two minute pass, may be one or two extra starts. Any time I gain is lost to taking the bullets apart with flipped primers. I get so discusted I go back to loading the primers the old way proven way with the tray and the tube. I wished I'd have done something different with $260 plus S&H.

I'm just now running into this problem with mine after using it for two years.

I'll bet its just an adjustment but I haven't read the instructions yet. All I had to do when I got it was put some primers on it and hit the button.

Still, I'd never go back to loading those tubes with a flip tray.

G

I wish I had as much luck as some of you guys have had with it. Thr blue tube is for small primers and the red tube is for large primers. No matter what I do I will have one or two primers flip or go in sideways. the tube does not get filled with the first two minute pass, may be one or two extra starts. Any time I gain is lost to taking the bullets apart with flipped primers. I get so discusted I go back to loading the primers the old way proven way with the tray and the tube. I wished I'd have done something different with $260 plus S&H.

Slavex the blue (small) or red tube (big) has an inner tube that get fill with 100 primers, just take that tube bring it on top of the primer filler of your 1050 remove the small clip at the bottom....after a second second or two...re-insert the clip...I repeat re-insert the clip(don't ask why I have repeated that step) put back in the RF100 dump another pack of primer....push the blue button.....and repeat as requires!

Love mine had a few upside down primer her and there fix that with a piece of scoth tape on the underside of the clear plastic guide...they were allowed to rotate on top of the tube the tape removed the space required to turn and I can still see.....and since they no longer turn they are all on the correct side......I don't it's required for the Winchester primer but a must with CCI and Federal

I'm a big fan of the RF-100. (Btw, stand it in a pan for when you forget to re-clip..). I load 50 rounds on the press while it loads the next 100 primers into the tube, lather, rinse and repeat.

Mine is an early model and flips primers every so often. It got bad and I called Dillon and they sent me a new set of plastic bits-- the old ones had warped after many years. If I do get flippers, I toss them into the pull-later bucket and every so often spend an hour pulling bullets and very carefully depriming them.

Want to sell yours?

Hello: The problem that I have with my RF 100 is the primers are not made to very close tolerances. The Winchester small primer are the worst. They are are not round and are thick and thin. Mine works great. You may have to clean the bowl once in a while so the primers slide better. Just for some added info the design is used in the bottling industry to load the bottle caps before they are installed. Thanks, Eric

With my 550 I load slow enough for a visual check as the primers are delivered, so I can correct primer orientation before it gets seated. Do occasionally have to clean the path and the bottom of the plastic cover so that small Winchester primers don't jam (double stack like 38Super in a magazine) just before dropping into the tube. Also sprayed a light amount of MagSlick dry lube on last couple inches of the primer track.

I'm just now running into this problem with mine after using it for two years.

I'll bet its just an adjustment but I haven't read the instructions yet. All I had to do when I got it was put some primers on it and hit the button.

Still, I'd never go back to loading those tubes with a flip tray.

G

I bought the RF100 about a year and a half ago. I called Dillon and told them of the problems I was having with flipped primers using Win small rifle primers, we went thru the standard checklist, nothing seemed to work so I tried to live with it. I had finally had it and sent my RF100 back to Dillon, they sent it back and told me I had tightened the screw on the adaptor too tight and to run it loose. BS I had tried everything from so loose it almost fell out to snugged up before I had sent it to them. I then bought some Remington small rifle primers and they loaded the tubes perfectly over and over again. Dillon had sent me another blue adaptor and after thinking about it I measured the diameter of the Remington and Winchester primers. The Winchesters were ever so slightly smaller in diameter and I thought this might be the problem so I took some thin super glue and lined the inside of the blue adaptor by squirting a little in and rolling it horizontally to spread it evenly on the inside of the adaptor. I made sure it was all coated with a little glue and let it dry. I dumped a tray of Win SR and watched them all march up the ramp and down the tube, all the right way. I suppose the glue will wear off after some time but I'll put another drop in and touch it up.

My WLR and WLP drop just fine, just the dang WSR were giving me fits. Who know maybe it is a slight tolerance change at Olin that now make the WSR not work in the RF100. Possibly the small blue adaptor from Dillon has changed or it is simply the stacking of tolerances between Dillon and the WSR.

Like all Dillon products, it just needed a little tweaking on my end. I noticed that the Wolf primers were very snug into the plastic collar. I then took the Xacto knife and a round file and opened it up ever so slightly.

TaDA! It works great, and I dont have any more flippers than my Vibraprimer either...... :goof:

Great product, but a little noisy...... :rolleyes:

DougC

I looked at the RF100 and decided that the VibraPrime fit my budget better. Now that the VP is discontinued, I'd get a RF100 in a heartbeat.

Once you have the machine fill primer tubes, you will never go back. Kinda like loading on a 1050. :)

Like all Dillon products, it just needed a little tweaking on my end. I noticed that the Wolf primers were very snug into the plastic collar. I then took the Xacto knife and a round file and opened it up ever so slightly.

TaDA! It works great, and I dont have any more flippers than my Vibraprimer either...... :goof:

DougC

Glad to see someone else has modified the adaptor to work with their speific primers and that it works! :cheers: I have marked one adaptor for WSR and use the stock blue for the Remington primers.

DougC

Glad to see someone else has modified the adaptor to work with their speific primers and that it works! :cheers: I have marked one adaptor for WSR and use the stock blue for the Remington primers.

U operating 2 RF 100s?