Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN Five Seven

G+16

just got back from a local gun show and kinda liked the feel of the 5.7 , 20 round magazines, O.K.

outside of the high cost of the brass right now, could this be powered down enough to use in limited class? and would it fit in the box? These are the ideas that kept me out of the really good schools.

Hornaday make the dies, brass would come down, what do ya think? these are one's that back when they first came out, they said would never be sold to civilians, must not have been enough takers on the police and military front, good price NIB with 3-20 rd magazines. :cheers:

just got back from a local gun show and kinda liked the feel of the 5.7 , 20 round magazines, O.K.

outside of the high cost of the brass right now, could this be powered down enough to use in limited class? and would it fit in the box? These are the ideas that kept me out of the really good schools.

Hornaday make the dies, brass would come down, what do ya think? these are one's that back when they first came out, they said would never be sold to civilians, must not have been enough takers on the police and military front, good price NIB with 3-20 rd magazines. :cheers:

Minimum caliber to play is 9mm/38 Special so the 5.7 does not meet the minimum.

Alan

No matter what you calculate, power is not there for knocking down steel with that little bullet. A guy showed up with one last year at a knock-down steel match and it would knock down about 1 out of every 5. The targets aren't that hard to knock down and 9mms have no trouble at all.

just one of those wild ideas, I haven't been able to shoot for two years now due to rebuilding house, and then sudden medical condition, I really enjoy shooting and when all you can do is read about and new products, sometimes my mind wonders (sometimes in the wrong dirrection) as in this case.

I will be reentering shooting this year, I've allways been a springfield man or sti and have both, have classiffier matchs scheduled starting in a month, see ya at the range, thanks for the imput, mikeG.

Edited by G+16

On a different note with the same caliber, I have a couple of AR uppers on order that take P90 magazines (and eject out the mag well)...should be great on ground squirrels :)

Alex

Now you got me droolin'. Where do I find one? Prairie dogs BEWARE!

One of our local shooters has a carbine in 5.7. It wont take our rifle poppers down at 50 and wont flash flashers at 75 yds, pluse if the ro is not standing right on top of the shooter the timer might pick up the shots. I dont doubt its a fun little gun but its out of place at a match.-----------Larry

• 2 weeks later...
On a different note with the same caliber, I have a couple of AR uppers on order that take P90 magazines (and eject out the mag well)...should be great on ground squirrels :)

Alex

Now you have my intrest up. Who makes those uppers? I have a new stripped lower in the safe that may need some direction to start life as. :rolleyes:

They had them at the SHOT Show. AMChar is going to be distributing them but I can't remember the manufacturer. They take a P90 mag in line on top of the bbl where the gas tube would normally be. They looked insteresting. Except for the one they had done in shiny shiny chrome. Looked like a bumper.