Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open nationals

shooterbenedetto

The prize of getting to meet and watch some of the best shooters in the world, the prize of attending what for many is only a dream, the prize of an experience that you'll remember for a long long time.

I finished 127th at the Nationals this year and didn't receive anything from the prize table. But I certainly enjoyed the experience of shooting that match more than any other one I have shot.

So I wouldn't expect to receive anything from the prize table if you finish between 75 and 100. But I'd highly encourage you to shoot the next Nationals you are able to as it is an experience that is hard if not impossible to replicate elsewhere.

In Missoula, I got a slide for being (barely) in the top 30 Open. In Tulsa in 2006 I got an excellent SFP case for being ~50th. The slide is in a drawer somwhere, the case gets dragged all around the world.. Sometimes the table is better than others.

<_< I was in Montana for the fish and the Hiking. ... <_< I was in the prize line and I got four 170 springs and Arridondo Followers. and a bag of 9mm brass. Other than that I don't want to talk about my shooting.

I mailed out a thank you to Arridondo too.

u want prizes, practice, practice, practice and shoot the steel challenge. uspsa is not about prizes. besides, it's the nationals...enjoy the vibes.

What he said. SC rocks for a prize table. I think even last place gets $250+ worth of stuff and the guns go down into the 50's. USPSA nationals is very different.