zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the support guys!

As a voting member, can I make a motion?

I'd like to think membership in this most elite of clubs is a privilege of the utmost honor. What I find puzzling is how few of it's members actually are competing with a SS other than possibly using one to access certain matches such as SS only matches.

I move that every active member of this esteemed snobbery be required to post at least 2 classifiers per year in SS Division. We would not want the Division to fall by the wayside due to lack of participation now would we?

What say you? Members must shoot at least 2 classifiers annually to stay in the club? I mean is it that much to sacrifice to shoot the skinny gun in 2 club matches? Participation in IDPA would count as well. Have I fallen off my rocker to think more folks should be shooting the skinny at least some?

I shot SS in 3 matches this weekend alone. How's that for dedication? B)

But you missed the best Dallas game is ages.

Seriously, I don't know where you found the energy to shoot another match Sunday evening. Must be youth. :D But wait. Last weekend I set up, ran, and shot two, then shot a third on Sunday, but that was three in three days, not two. -_-

Edited by Steve J

Seriously, I don't know where you found the energy to shoot another match Sunday evening. Must be youth. :D But wait. Last weekend I set up, ran, and shot two, then shot a third on Sunday, but that was three in three days, not two. -_-

Yeah, I was pretty tired and my feet were killing me after we shot yesterday morning's match but a fist full of alieve and a couple of red bulls later and I was good as new. :roflol:

Yeah, I was pretty tired and my feet were killing me after we shot yesterday morning's match but a fist full of alieve and a couple of red bulls later and I was good as new. :roflol:

Uhuh... better living through chemistry.

I'd like to think membership in this most elite of clubs is a privilege of the utmost honor. What I find puzzling is how few of it's members actually are competing with a SS other than possibly using one to access certain matches such as SS only matches.

I move that every active member of this esteemed snobbery be required to post at least 2 classifiers per year in SS Division. We would not want the Division to fall by the wayside due to lack of participation now would we?

What say you? Members must shoot at least 2 classifiers annually to stay in the club? I mean is it that much to sacrifice to shoot the skinny gun in 2 club matches? Participation in IDPA would count as well. Have I fallen off my rocker to think more folks should be shooting the skinny at least some?

That's not a bad idea, .... but.

I have shot SS exclusively since October.

That's one major and four club matches.

Unfortunately, the club where I do most of my shooting doesn't always have a classifier.

The club is heavy with open shooters (and quite a few limited) and the course designers among us seem to prefer to set up long field courses.

As such my last five matches only produced two classifers.

The point I'm trying to make is that classifiers may not be the best measure of participation.

I agree with encouraging everone to shoot SS as much as possible.

However, I'm not sure it's the best idea to start placing requirements.

If you start trying to force people into doing something they didn't want to do, you only alienate them.

If people want to shoot SS they will.

I believe the division is great fun and seems to be growing.

It can stand on its own merits.

Tony

My SS marathon weekend:

Saturday 2nd overall (1 shot in hard cover sunk me) http://dallaspistolclub.com/files/matchresults/ppm/1208.pdf

Sunday Morning http://ctidpa.com/index.php?option=com_doc...6&Itemid=63

Sunday night (used 9mm Springfield singlestack in ESP) http://ctidpa.com/index.php?option=com_doc...6&Itemid=63

Today, I am completely whooped and not motivated to do actual work. But, I cant wait to do it again! :devil:

Unfortunately, the club where I do most of my shooting doesn't always have a classifier.

The club is heavy with open shooters (and quite a few limited) and the course designers among us seem to prefer to set up long field courses.

The point I'm trying to make is that classifiers may not be the best measure of participation.

If you start trying to force people into doing something they didn't want to do, you only alienate them.

Tony

To be in a mustang car club you need to own a mustang right?

That's all I'm saying. OK, so instead of saying two classifiers a year, why don't we just say at least 2 club matches in a year.

Have you noticed how many of our members have never shot in SS division at all?!?! Does simply owning a SS garner you membership into this club?

The last time I tried to shoot a match on energy drinks, I zero'd one classifier and shot mid 20s on the others. These days I just try to get a good night's sleep and limit the caffeine to a cup of coffee or a coke!

Our founding fathers layed out the groundwork for membership requirements.......Are you suggesting they didn't know what they were doing?

According to the "founding fathers" you Sir don't meet the membership requirements. You might have some proof I don't know of, but your USPSA classifier section does not reflect such. Do you shoot IDPA?

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

Tony

To be in a mustang car club you need to own a mustang right?

That's all I'm saying. OK, so instead of saying two classifiers a year, why don't we just say at least 2 club matches in a year.

Have you noticed how many of our members have never shot in SS division at all?!?! Does simply owning a SS garner you membership into this club?

Yep, to be in a Mustang club you need to own a Mustang.

(or at least have made a trip to the Mustang Ranch).

But I doubt there are too many clubs that have stipulations on how much you have to drive it.

IIRC, you have to have proof of two matches to get in this club.

That requirement may be waived but no voting rights bestowed until you meet all requirements.

I'd just like to see participation levels up some. In the SSEC we have some die hards, and we have some frequents as well as some never haves. I am having a ball shooting the skinny gun and learning SOOOOO much from it. I am at a place in my shooting where I can see things I have not seen before, and the journey now comes with a map of where to go and how to get there! :cheers:

One thing I've noticed is that on the local match level at least, when new shooters see 1911's winning, that's what they buy. If they see plastics winning every match, they go that way. We need to make sure that we make the RIGHT impression on the minds of new shooters. Nice guy with 1911 wins vs, nice guy with plastic. Know what I mean? ;)

Highvelocity,

That shouldn't be hard, since most polymer guns are used in production.

One of the things the SS/Production matches have shown us is that the 1911's have a clear advantage.

If you look at the combined scores in most matches, the aggregate SS scores should be higher that the plastics.

Individual shooters may be the exception but as a general rule the SS's will win.

This appears to be due to power factor.

The advantage of shooting major outweighs the advantage of two extra rounds in the plastic guns.

That trend may be reversed if everbody in SS was shooting minor.

In that case, I would expect the round count advantage to carry the day.

Don't look for that to happen though.

Single stackers love their .45's. :cheers:

Edited by 38superman