1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with your observation 38superman, but I am not just talking about USPSA, I was referring to action pistol competition in general. Uspsa, Idpa, Idsa, etc.

Fair enough.

Since I don't shoot IDPA I tend to forget that other people do.

Tls

Our founding fathers layed out the groundwork for membership requirements.......Are you suggesting they didn't know what they were doing?

According to the "founding fathers" you Sir don't meet the membership requirements. You might have some proof I don't know of, but your USPSA classifier section does not reflect such. Do you shoot IDPA?

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

Dozens of my L-10 classifiers were shot with one of my many SS's.........And apparently you didn't notice this entire thread is in the "Humor" section and therefore is supposed to be humorous...........not restricted or burdened by add-on rules and regulations. So shoot your SS, smile, eat a Swiss cake roll and have fun. :rolleyes:

That trend may be reversed if everbody in SS was shooting minor.

In that case, I would expect the round count advantage to carry the day.

If I wasn't so freaking competitive I would shoot my 9mm SS against the POGs at the hillbilly. I'm to competitive and have a high desire to win.....at all times. I only lost to a Smith and Wesson sponsored shooter shooting a POG last time though. I think I could hold my own though against the POGs since there isn't a round count advantage we both would have 11 rounds to start....I just wouldn't do as well against the Major Stackers.

Our founding fathers layed out the groundwork for membership requirements.......Are you suggesting they didn't know what they were doing?

According to the "founding fathers" you Sir don't meet the membership requirements. You might have some proof I don't know of, but your USPSA classifier section does not reflect such. Do you shoot IDPA?

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

Dozens of my L-10 classifiers were shot with one of my many SS's.........And apparently you didn't notice this entire thread is in the "Humor" section and therefore is supposed to be humorous...........not restricted or burdened by add-on rules and regulations. So shoot your SS, smile, eat a Swiss cake roll and have fun. :rolleyes:

If someone needs to bark around here let one of the Big Dawgs do it. :devil: One of the advantages of being a member any "Good Ole Boy Club" is that the other members "look past" some personal peccadilloes and "Look the other way" for others.... :P

Let us not stand strictly by the letter of the law but rather by the Spirit.

Yeah I know it's in the humor forum, and I was having fun, didn't mean to whiz in anyone's Wheaties. It's just disappointing all the matches around here have single digits of shooters in SS Division. Maybe I can talk Tod into shooting a little SS since he's a GM in Production now. :sight:

Bobby

While I think the spirit of your suggestion is well placed, it would be difficult to do. As was mentioned, many local matches don't do classifiers.

I think Merlin hit the nail on the head.

And believe me, to anyone who is paying attention, I am watching Boz at all times!!!! :surprise:

My post wasn't pointing any fingers at Boz or anyone else for that matter, he just happen to chime in. My intent was to spur some activity amongst the SS Elite Snobs.

Singlestacks comments on the club being full of "wanna be" members speaks volumes. I was hoping we could do something to change that.

I'll go back under the porch with the other lil dogs now. :(

Good Lord willing I'm there and bringing a new to USPSA shooter. He's a BE forum member and has been shooting IDPA for a year and has just started kicking everyones butt the last couple of months. :cheers:

I've also got to be there to sign up for the RO class in January.

Edited by baerburtchell

Bobby

While I think the spirit of your suggestion is well placed, it would be difficult to do. As was mentioned, many local matches don't do classifiers.

I think Merlin hit the nail on the head.

And believe me, to anyone who is paying attention, I am watching Boz at all times!!!! :surprise:

:surprise::ph34r::surprise::ph34r::surprise:

If I wasn't so freaking competitive I would shoot my 9mm SS against the POGs at the hillbilly. I'm to competitive and have a high desire to win.....at all times. I only lost to a Smith and Wesson sponsored shooter shooting a POG last time though. I think I could hold my own though against the POGs since there isn't a round count advantage we both would have 11 rounds to start....I just wouldn't do as well against the Major Stackers.

What was I thinking?

You're right, both guns would have the same scoring and round count.

That would really be interesting wouldn't it?

However, I don't think too many folks would take a competitive disadvantage against the other SS's just for the sake of experimenting with this division vs. that in a major match.

I do have a brand spanking new 9mm SS Springer,...... Hmmm

I should have it tuned up and race ready next spring.

I'm looking forward to playing with it, but not at the Hillbilly.

I plan on blowing really big holes in those targets.

Tls

Edited by 38superman

What was I thinking?

You're right, both guns would have the same scoring and round count.

That would really be interesting wouldn't it?

However, I don't think too many folks would take a competitive disadvantage against the other SS's just for the sake of experimenting with this division vs. that in a major match.

I do have a brand spanking new 9mm SS Springer,...... Hmmm

I should have it tuned up and race ready next spring.

I'm looking forward to playing with it, but not at the Hillbilly.

I plan on blowing really big holes in those targets.

Tls

Yeah I just had my springer overhauled. I wouldn't mind trying it at a local match but I need some good production shooters to attend and I think the best we have regularly is a B classer. I guess I could talk Clyde into shooting his staple gun :-)

Edited by steel1212

I want to nominate my gun...not me. I simply cannot qualify and thus must forever yearn to seek out the company of such astute brethren. But my 1911 damned sure deserves it.

I met my Colt in 1987 when we were both shiny new rookies. We learned to love each other despite our obvious differences - I was weak and mortal, while the 1911 chose to speak only as directed and then, speak well. While over the years I had dallied with 'other' guns ("really, honey, that Mustang's just a backup piece - means nothing to me!") the Colt remained true and ready to forgive, always at my side.

We started shooting police matches after a couple years, and I learned I could be pretty good but never as good as my gun. My Colt only burped if I took it out to try new foods, like the time we ate some free silly Silvertips. All I had to do was reach down it's throat and remove the offending matter it was choking on, and all was right - ready to eat some more.

The Colt was with me when the going got tough. Together, we were one for two on bad guys and two for two on midsized pickup trucks. And it never rubbed my nose in the fact that any mistakes were mine alone....like, shooting pickup trucks, for example. It readily accepted magazines I hurriedly thrust upon it without ever saying it was tired or had a headache. We could both work just fine even if we were a little grimy. My 1911 might end up in the gutter, but I'd be wearing it at the time.

We shot more matches, and soon I became a range instructor for my department. My Colt was now fully mature and still a beauty after 7500 rounds; still, it said it felt a little saggy so I surprised with a new 13 lb spring. That's the only surgery my 1911 has ever had, and it still makes heads turn in a bikini. (The gun, not me. I'd put you off your food.)

We taught police and we taught at a stupid place in Pahrump NV for a few years, where we saw many other guns choke on the grit and not want to play any more. The Colt didn't care if the wind was blowing rocks horizontally or snow. While others had to get out of the weather, my gun was ready. The forbidding volcanic waste of the SOF matches didn't give my baby so much as a hiccup. We shot every pistol stage of every match from 1994 to 2002 (okay, it was during stage testing but still...) without so much as a single malfunction. We quietly giggled while we saw polymers and DA autos being beaten into function by their shooters, knowing we'd never have those worries. Our only domestic violence was what we had visited upon others when the situation demanded.

Then, we had a relationship crisis. My department wanted us to start seeing other guns - soulless polymer ones. "It'll be good for the both of you" they told us. The Colt had to spend two days all by itself while I danced with a new partner. I gotta admit the polymer did everything right, except I just couldn't hold it without thinking of the clean lines of JMB's daughter in my hands...we were both lost without one another. There was simply no way I could ever give my heart to some mandrel-rifled floozie. And what's worse, that polymer could be ANYbody's gun, just like all the rest, but not just ANYbody could live with a 1911. Finally I got permission to stay with the Colt even though I had to officially marry the polymer. It was a forced marriage, one without concern for the betrothed and only to make the parents happy, but I never held my Colt as a concubine or mistress - instead as my one and only. The cold polymer trophy-wife could stay in the bag, except for public appearances to keep the department happy.

I got hurt and retired, and my Colt went with me. The harsh, unloving polymer stayed behind to be with another officer - you hear about some women like that, too. You could say the gun's in the golden years now with over 19K rounds, and a lot of gray showing (grip and holster wear). My 1911's been 'melted' and 'dehorned' by dirt, leather and kydex; the trigger's still like breaking a glass rod. I can't bring myself to get the gun re-blued.....notice how good Sophia Loren still looked after all those years ?

In summation, the old Colt was, is and forever shall be my gun. Wife's got a Kimber (sexy, but just not the same for me). I have no reason to own any other pistol. Where I go, the 1911 goes.

I will post a photo should your club see fit to accept my 1911's application, as I hate to display it in a gratuitous fashion like some tarted-up starlet looking for a photo op with her silly extended magwell hanging out for everone to ogle.

I want to nominate my gun...not me. I simply cannot qualify and thus must forever yearn to seek out the company of such astute brethren. But my 1911 damned sure deserves it.

I met my Colt in 1987 when we were both shiny new rookies. We learned to love each other despite our obvious differences - I was weak and mortal, while the 1911 chose to speak only as directed and then, speak well. While over the years I had dallied with 'other' guns ("really, honey, that Mustang's just a backup piece - means nothing to me!") the Colt remained true and ready to forgive, always at my side.

We started shooting police matches after a couple years, and I learned I could be pretty good but never as good as my gun. My Colt only burped if I took it out to try new foods, like the time we ate some free silly Silvertips. All I had to do was reach down it's throat and remove the offending matter it was choking on, and all was right - ready to eat some more.

The Colt was with me when the going got tough. Together, we were one for two on bad guys and two for two on midsized pickup trucks. And it never rubbed my nose in the fact that any mistakes were mine alone....like, shooting pickup trucks, for example. It readily accepted magazines I hurriedly thrust upon it without ever saying it was tired or had a headache. We could both work just fine even if we were a little grimy. My 1911 might end up in the gutter, but I'd be wearing it at the time.

We shot more matches, and soon I became a range instructor for my department. My Colt was now fully mature and still a beauty after 7500 rounds; still, it said it felt a little saggy so I surprised with a new 13 lb spring. That's the only surgery my 1911 has ever had, and it still makes heads turn in a bikini. (The gun, not me. I'd put you off your food.)

We taught police and we taught at a stupid place in Pahrump NV for a few years, where we saw many other guns choke on the grit and not want to play any more. The Colt didn't care if the wind was blowing rocks horizontally or snow. While others had to get out of the weather, my gun was ready. The forbidding volcanic waste of the SOF matches didn't give my baby so much as a hiccup. We shot every pistol stage of every match from 1994 to 2002 (okay, it was during stage testing but still...) without so much as a single malfunction. We quietly giggled while we saw polymers and DA autos being beaten into function by their shooters, knowing we'd never have those worries. Our only domestic violence was what we had visited upon others when the situation demanded.

Then, we had a relationship crisis. My department wanted us to start seeing other guns - soulless polymer ones. "It'll be good for the both of you" they told us. The Colt had to spend two days all by itself while I danced with a new partner. I gotta admit the polymer did everything right, except I just couldn't hold it without thinking of the clean lines of JMB's daughter in my hands...we were both lost without one another. There was simply no way I could ever give my heart to some mandrel-rifled floozie. And what's worse, that polymer could be ANYbody's gun, just like all the rest, but not just ANYbody could live with a 1911. Finally I got permission to stay with the Colt even though I had to officially marry the polymer. It was a forced marriage, one without concern for the betrothed and only to make the parents happy, but I never held my Colt as a concubine or mistress - instead as my one and only. The cold polymer trophy-wife could stay in the bag, except for public appearances to keep the department happy.

I got hurt and retired, and my Colt went with me. The harsh, unloving polymer stayed behind to be with another officer - you hear about some women like that, too. You could say the gun's in the golden years now with over 19K rounds, and a lot of gray showing (grip and holster wear). My 1911's been 'melted' and 'dehorned' by dirt, leather and kydex; the trigger's still like breaking a glass rod. I can't bring myself to get the gun re-blued.....notice how good Sophia Loren still looked after all those years ?

In summation, the old Colt was, is and forever shall be my gun. Wife's got a Kimber (sexy, but just not the same for me). I have no reason to own any other pistol. Where I go, the 1911 goes.

I will post a photo should your club see fit to accept my 1911's application, as I hate to display it in a gratuitous fashion like some tarted-up starlet looking for a photo op with her silly extended magwell hanging out for everone to ogle.

Beware he would post here a picture of his beautiful partner of many years. Know this. There are many here who will look upon her with covetousness and lust in their hearts.....

Me for one.

Hows about an application for a new guy.

My original 1911

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

And the new one that replaced the old.

trojan.jpg

Been shooting IDPA with it for a year but am hoping to go to TDC this spring and try USPSA!

Oh yah match results.

1 Gary J ESP EX 64.82

2 Ken C SSP MA 67.34

3 Mike P CDP UC 68.36 <--------------- Me

4 Steve M ESP SS 76.08

5 Rob C SSP SS 76.65

6 Ray S SSP SS 78.77

7 David H SSP MM 81.88

8 Jeff S SSP UC 83.46

9 Matt C SSP MM 88.92

10 Ken G ESP NV 89.05

11 Jackie S SSP MM 92.17

12 Alex F SSP UC 92.49

13 Joel L CDP UC 105.82

14 Xander S SSP UC 117.95

15 Mike R (FTS) SSP UC 136.47

16 J.C. A (FTS) CDP UC 159.85

17 Kyle L (FTS) CDP UC 163.11

18 Kent B (FTS) SSP UC 165.26

19 John T (FTS) SSP UC 176.60

Now if somebody could tell me how best to prepare for the ritual hazing and celebratory kegger. :cheers:

Edited by rrflyer