• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BATTLEGROUNDS 09!!!!

03/28/09- 03/29/09: Indiana Single Stack and Production

04/10/09- 04/11/09: Hillbilly Classic (Single Stack/Production only)

I'm going to have to buy my wife a SS so she can go shoot the Hillbilly classic with me. ;)

Maybe Aikidale will let her borrow his 9mm Trojan again :unsure:

No way I'm going to let her shoot a plastic gun, my wife is a Princess and she may never be able to wash the smell off of her hand that the plastic leaves behind!

BATTLEGROUNDS 09!!!!

03/28/09- 03/29/09: Indiana Single Stack and Production

04/10/09- 04/11/09: Hillbilly Classic (Single Stack/Production only)

I'm going to have to buy my wife a SS so she can go shoot the Hillbilly classic with me. ;)

Maybe Aikidale will let her borrow his 9mm Trojan again :unsure:

No way I'm going to let her shoot a plastic gun, my wife is a Princess and she may never be able to wash the smell off of her hand that the plastic leaves behind!

did you say Dale let her borrow his Trojan :roflol: I should have my 9mm Springer rebarreled by then. I know a guy with a wilson 38 super and a RIA 9mm as well.

He sure did. She shot the spit out of that thing too! I gave her a Glock 34 to shoot the same range trip. She fired about 5 rounds out of it and put it on the table. She wanted the skinny gun back. I knew we were soul mates the minute I met her, she just confirms that on a daily basis!

Today, I had my first opportunity to shoot a "Open gun" under not too good weather conditions. Probably not the smartest thing to do today considering the temperature and wind chill, but shooters are shooters. Anytime behind any gun is a good time (even if it is a Open gun).

I wanted to see if a dot would would help me in my shooting considering the eyesight seems to be going south. A friend of mine was kind enough to let me shoot his SVI and ammo so I could come to some sort of conclusion about purchasing a open gun.

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing one. I was able to shoot 1000 rounds today and although it was down right reliable and easy to shoot, I could not get used to that dot. Yeah, maybe more time with it would change my mind but I just don't see a open gun in my future. I am and will continue to be a 1911 guy.

P.S.

I suppose the money that would be spent on a open gun could go to fixing my eyes instead.

Did anyone notice that this was POST #1911?

I just have to crow to my brother Snob's! I was able to shoot our last match and posted the following scores.

Final results for Single_Stack (Single_Stack)

Place Last Name First Name No. USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Match Pts Match %

1 Leslie Will 1 U Single Stack Major No No No No 333.0000 100.00%

Stage 1 Dam Stage (Single_Stack)

Place Last Name First Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Leslie Will 1 U Single Stack 132 0 35.6 3.7079 140 100.00%

Stage 2 Berm Stage (Single_Stack)

Place Last Name First Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Leslie Will 1 U Single Stack 154 10 75.1 1.9174 160 100.00%

Stage 3 Baseball Standards (Single_Stack)

1 Leslie Will 1 U Single Stack 33 0 0 33 33 100.00%

I Know, first out of one is about the only way that I'll see 100% next to my name :rolleyes: , but not too bad for a shooter who is usually ROing CAS matches instead.

By the way, I took little Will with me again and he had as much fun as I did ( Mom was in a CCW class :wub: )

Today, I had my first opportunity to shoot a "Open gun" under not too good weather conditions. Probably not the smartest thing to do today considering the temperature and wind chill, but shooters are shooters. Anytime behind any gun is a good time (even if it is a Open gun).

I wanted to see if a dot would would help me in my shooting considering the eyesight seems to be going south. A friend of mine was kind enough to let me shoot his SVI and ammo so I could come to some sort of conclusion about purchasing a open gun.

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing one. I was able to shoot 1000 rounds today and although it was down right reliable and easy to shoot, I could not get used to that dot. Yeah, maybe more time with it would change my mind but I just don't see a open gun in my future. I am and will continue to be a 1911 guy.

P.S.

I suppose the money that would be spent on a open gun could go to fixing my eyes instead.

Did anyone notice that this was POST #1911?

I did. I was hoping that Merlin, Nemo and Z would notice that and take into consideration that staying with the 1911 was meant to be and that I could return as a full member. :rolleyes: Well, that is what I thought. :unsure:

Welcome Loose Brass! :cheers:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

HONORARY MEMBERS in ITALICS

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB :bow:

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH Chairman of Discipline Committee

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek Chairman Committee of Liaison with USPSA

9 - Catfish

10 - BOZ1911 - Slayer

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue

13 - CSEMartin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale SSES Junior Coordinator

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player, H.M.

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (a.k.a Lighteye67)

33 - Modoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - TGO, H.M.

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

52 - hk_mtbr

53 - JKR

54 - sskp1

55 - Baerburtchell

56 - bp78

57 - Rob Moore

58 - High Velocity

59 - want2race (Chopper)

60 - gotm4

61 - webbo

62 - tpcdvc

63 - bigsaxdog

64 - JKSNIPER

65 - nashvillebill

66 - ken hebert

67 - T_Deegan

68 - Hopalong

69 - eerw

70 - bbbean

71 - 71Commander

72 - Rocket35

73 - Boss1622

74 - BNorth

75 - Loose Brass

B)

Shot my first SS match Saturday. Couple of thoughts.

1) Those little mags only hold 8 rounds.

2) I need tweezers to handle those little mags,

3) 8 round stage breakdown is hard.

4) After shooting 9mm for 6 months .45's KICK!

5) I can't see my Caspian .75 fiber optic FS very well anymore. Ordered a .100 today.

6) Those little mags only hold 8 rounds.

Overall, I had a blast. Where can I find a pair of mag tweezers?

Shot my first SS match Saturday. Couple of thoughts.

1) Those little mags only hold 8 rounds.

2) I need tweezers to handle those little mags,

3) 8 round stage breakdown is hard.

4) After shooting 9mm for 6 months .45's KICK!

5) I can't see my Caspian .75 fiber optic FS very well anymore. Ordered a .100 today.

6) Those little mags only hold 8 rounds.

Overall, I had a blast. Where can I find a pair of mag tweezers?

Glad you finally man upped! :cheers:

Wannabees!!

You are following the failed policies of the established insider governing body. It is Time For Change!

If you truly seek the path of righteousness cast off all Wannabees! Those that seek to blaspheme the Constitution of JMB must go!

I have a plan to bring the 1911 Single Stack Elitist Club back to the snob status that it once held. It is Time For Change!

The integrity of the SSEC has been compromised by Wannabees! They turn a blind eye to the to the peoples. The peoples have a right to know!!

Change You Can Believe In

It's good to see you have come into the light, SS.

However.... One trouble maker (or three) in the club is about enough and Boz has that niche pretty well sewed up.... So try being a kinder and gentler agitator - if that is possible... :P

Classic

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.........with a bow :ph34r:

Did ya'll hear something?

I think I heard The One Who Has No Mag Pouches speak.

Singlestack, mmmph??

Name: JOHN W. G

SINGLESTACK Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

Classifiers??? Oops.........none