Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

It would make sense to me that a GM or C classification in any division would be good for all divisions. The platforms are not that different. If I may edit a phrase, "it's the Indian, not the bow" :)

I agree, Iron sights should be classified all the same.

Match was fun, I have lots of video I will post later. Headed to breakfast, then out to watch Robbie for the morning before heading to the airport for the trip home.

I will give a complete match review on Monday. There are some things that need to be address for sure. How is that for leaving you hanging :D

I shot better than I expected. Last stage had a freakin' nose-dive and cost me at least 4 seconds!! :angry2:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would make sense to me that a GM or C classification in any division would be good for all divisions. The platforms are not that different. If I may edit a phrase, "it's the Indian, not the bow" :)

I agree, Iron sights should be classified all the same.

Match was fun, I have lots of video I will post later. Headed to breakfast, then out to watch Robbie for the morning before heading to the airport for the trip home.

I will give a complete match review on Monday. There are some things that need to be address for sure. How is that for leaving you hanging :D

I shot better than I expected. Last stage had a freakin' nose-dive and cost me at least 4 seconds!! :angry2:

Evil...just pure evil!

:popcorn1:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB (make no mistake!)

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim (Is that pink? I don't know. Daltonism.)

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8 (he made voting status with that ugly bottle...)

8 - Alan Meek

9 - Catfish

10 - BONA-FIDE VACANT BOZ1911 (Is he in voting status today?)

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue (Because I say so!)

13 - CSE Martin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney

21 - Sethmark

22 - Bill Nesbitt

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - ChrisStock (the artist formelry known as Prince or Lighteye67 or something like that...)

33 - MoDoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - ExiledViking

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

38 - Slabbie Shooter

39 - 38Superman

40 - YSued (Director of Photography)

41 - Vagus

42 - 9x21

43 - Dubletap

44 - kgunz11

45 - RESERVED

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

Welcome Gman!

Got to say high to ZHunter and Catfish as they came through my stage at the SS Nationals. I had hoped to meet more of you fine folk, but didn't for some reason. I did see one guy with a helmet cam with a ZHunter SS shirt on. When I asked him about it he seemed evasive. Perhaps a Glock spy trying to copy the perfect pistol :goof:

Gary

Got to say high to ZHunter and Catfish as they came through my stage at the SS Nationals. I had hoped to meet more of you fine folk, but didn't for some reason. I did see one guy with a helmet cam with a ZHunter SS shirt on. When I asked him about it he seemed evasive. Perhaps a Glock spy trying to copy the perfect pistol :goof:

Gary

Which stage where you on? I would have spoke up and said hello, but nobody was wearing their snob club membership badge...

NOTE: We should really have badges... or decoder rings... or something..

I did see one guy with a helmet cam with a ZHunter SS shirt on. When I asked him about it he seemed evasive. Perhaps a Glock spy trying to copy the perfect pistol :goof:

Gary

That would have been Chris, aka Cooter79

After a quick look at the results I'd like to congratulate Mr. Mike Carmoney for his HIGH SSES victory at the SS Nats! :cheers: Mike!

2nd SSES was Alan Meek (57th overall @ 66.33% of TGO)

3rd SSES was ZHunter (61st overall @ 65.32%)

Good show gentlemen! :cheers: Wish I could've been there.

Other SSES members: tell us where you finished.

I wound up way down in 215th :( Not a good showing - only put together one decent stage which I finished 70th on.

Dude! All 300 Spartans died at Thermopylae but they were there and honored for it!

:cheers:

+1 Dale's got a point, you were there, and you were there representing THIS brotherhood. We appreciate your service to our community!!!

Thanks for the support guys :cheers: I'll be back next year... Just need to get my flinching and sight focus issues figured out so I can get some good hits in. At least I nailed all of my reloads this year :D

Dave

The flinching is common. First get a "backup" slide stop pin, one that is like a limited guns that is deactivated. A neat trick is to have someone else load your magazines and not fill them to the limit. Then you go shoot. Not knowing if you have 3, 5 or however many rounds in the mag. When you pull the trigger on an empty chamber it will show you your flinch. Now keep doing this until you can pull the trigger with out the flinch.

Hope this helps

+1 for Z's post. Another option is to load (or have someone load) a few dummy rounds. Mark them with a sharpie and then mix them in with your live ammo and load your mags without looking at the ammo (or have someone else load them). Accomplishes the same thing as Z's suggestion but you don't have your slide slamming home on an empty chamber, bouncing your sear and hammer hooks.

+1 for Z's post. Another option is to load (or have someone load) a few dummy rounds. Mark them with a sharpie and then mix them in with your live ammo and load your mags without looking at the ammo (or have someone else load them). Accomplishes the same thing as Z's suggestion but you don't have your slide slamming home on an empty chamber, bouncing your sear and hammer hooks.

I'm sure some guys will be willing to do this at a match! :devil: