Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Z - are you still in new Zealand?

Isn't it noon - tomorrow there?

Does any of this count if your someplace in the future?

Is boz still here?

Ole Boz is hanging tuff somewhere.... He's probably hatching his plan to rise from his latest debacle and rejoin - The Proud, The Few, The Elitist 1911 Snobs! :cheers:

Edited by Merlin Orr

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Z - are you still in new Zealand?

Isn't it noon - tomorrow there?

Does any of this count if your someplace in the future?

Is boz still here?

Still in Kiwi-land, will be until Monday (my time ;) )

Will the new President do the right thing and expel all those with fiber optics on the front sight?

RG ---has Membership ever been granted to you? I feel your presence is needed here.

Mr. Keller has been advised of his need to make application, he is CERTAINLY of the right "pool" to be a positive influence in our club.

WE are starting to get a pretty deep pool of ideas here with SSES. SSES recognizes the different views of each and every member and whereas the basic tenets put forth by JB are recognized as an inflexible truth our approach to our members preferences are to be more liberal flexible.

All comments from the SSES (member)pool are welcome and will (perhaps) receive consideration. So - all of you out there in the SSESpool chime in with your thoughts.

Us old and slow blind and deaf guys...kinda like the FO sights :rolleyes:

But I would be just as pleased to shoot with guys that have stock 1911 sights :devil:

Oh...and if they want to..they can use original 7 rnd mags also....its just fine by me :)

anything 1911 is good to go in my book :cheers:

I remember a 1911 with a sholder stock...like an artillery luger :rolleyes:

Now THAT would be a cool carbine match :D

Jim

JMB was an innovator. He gave us not only the 1911, with input from the military bureacracy by the way, but the pump shotgun, the 1894 Winchester Lever Action and the BAR. Not the sort of fellow who would turn down an improvement. One may prefer sights, for example, other than the standard government models, which best suit one's infirmities, short comings, talents. Free men do not require permission to either choose or modify their weapons. SSES might point the way and encourage the membership to constantly strive for perfection while respecting, within reason, certain individuals idiosyncrasies.

Well then it is only my reading and comprehension ability that sucks :cheers:

Thanks.

Here we go again, Gary doesn't pay attention, does he get put on probation? I don't think so, SPORT!

I remember there was ALWAYS a kid on the playground - or later on in my life - someone in the bar - that just could NOT leave it alone - that just had to have the last word. You know the guy I'm talking about. yea..that one....the one always staying after school..the one who always got the rest of the bunch in trouble with the "authority" figure....the one always on probation with somebody/some institution....the one with the constant black eye.... :P:D;)

Sound familiar? B)

Yeah <_< ...I knew that guy....we spent so much time in detention period in high school...they had to give me credits as an alternate class :blink:

Jim

What? Who? Where? :ph34r:

I am honored to accept the distinguished title. I shall lead us to vict...err, oh well we will promote the 1911 and have fun while we do it. :devil:

I will be looking for my fellow snobs on my stage at the Single Stack Nationals.

I see we were not lacking in wisdom in our choice of a leader to carry our Single Stack torch - onward and upward.......!!! :cheers:

Well Merlin, finally someone with a little class, albeit he doesn't pay attention.

Makes me a little sad to have left this organization. He may not be able to whip the rifraf into shape

by the Nationals though.

RG has the right idea. Adjustable rear sights and fiber optic front sights are an abomination.

Dale,

You call our OLD single stack guns an abomination because of Bo-Mars? Yours isn't even a Colt! :P

Merlin gave a pass on the fiber optics, when I mentioned them on page 1. Are we going to need "divisions" for the club?

Edited by Dan Sierpina

RG has the right idea. Adjustable rear sights and fiber optic front sights are an abomination.

Dale,

You call our OLD single stack guns an abomination because of Bo-Mars? Yours isn't even a Colt! :P

Merlin gave a pass on the fiber optics, when I mentioned them on page 1. Are we going to need "divisions" for the club?

I do not call your OLD single stack guns an abomination because of Bo-Mars. I call Bo-Mars and Fiber Optics abomination.

My Kimber was handiest for picture taking, I carry it; that's why it is shown cocked and locked. Both Colts are in the safe. One even has those sights which are responsible for the whole concept of point shooting.

Let us be quite clear about something. SSES can, and does within limits, accommodate performance enhancing modifications to single stack pistols. We will not, however, be pigeon holed into a narrow minded sound byte, as typified by the mass media's ersatz thinking, as a single minded anachronism for espousing the aesthetics of a design which has been around for 100 years.

We are elite. We are snobs and we are complicated. :devil:

Will the new President do the right thing and expel all those with fiber optics on the front sight?

I am still in charge of Membership!!!! :angry2:

Front sights stay :D

What will you be shooting at nats???

Shooting a Colt with bomars, front and back.

Front sights are OK - even necessary. The FOs are the abomination.

Edited by rgkeller

RG ---has Membership ever been granted to you? I feel your presence is needed here.

I have not yet applied.

Awaiting the proper resolution of the FO issue.

I have not yet applied.

Awaiting the proper resolution of the FO issue.

I'm not on the membership committee RG, but I like the way you think. Writing as Co-chair for Doctrine I'd encourage you to submit an application.

Let us be quite clear about something. SSES can, and does within limits, accommodate performance enhancing modifications to single stack pistols. We will not, however, be pigeon holed into a narrow minded sound byte, as typified by the mass media's ersatz thinking, as a single minded anachronism for espousing the aesthetics of a design which has been around for 100 years.

Dale,

Are you still running for POTUS? You're sounding like a politician. No insult intended!!!! :D

Dale,

Are you still running for POTUS? You're sounding like a politician. No insult intended!!!! :D

None taken, even though it was a pretty mean thing to say. Yep, I'm still in for Prez. Apparently I'm the only candidate who believes we should all have guns, many guns, with high cap magazines if we choose, in any caliber we choose and be able to play, compete with or just carry them to our hearts content. Looking forward to seeing you all at the 2009 Nationals as POTUS. Oh, by the way, as you know I am only promising to shoot the nationals as Prez if elected. However, since the office has other duties which consume a lot of time, you can probably count on knowing the location and dates of the 2009-2012 nationals well in advance just because the scheduling people will have to work the other presidential duties around them.

please accept my application to the SSES. Of all the 1911's this is the only one I found a decent pic of. Canyon creek Rich built it and it is an absolute dream to shoot. I have shot 1 IDPA match with it last year, and will be shooting SS in USPSA at least 4 major matches this year to qualify. please do not discourage my single pic, fancy slide cuts, Bomar rear or the fact that it is indeed a .38 stupid w 9mm interchangeable barrel and extractor. its great for IDPA and SC. lets not forget what JWB's first 1910's were calibered in. Thank you so much for considering me as a member of the Single stack elitist snob club. I humbly and patiently await your response. :lol:

post-12157-1203115865.jpg

My 9mm loaded ESP gun

My Grandfather's carry gun RIP ULTRA

My Summer carry gun MICRO

My mostly all the time carry gun TRP

My Getting the wins Gun BLACK STAINLESS

My most recent wins:

http://home.windstream.net/barrywest/Pisto...gle%20Stack.htm SS win

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/USPSA/SC20070...gle%20Stack.htm

Then there is my not so good classifiers on USPSA.

Pics are just what I could find of my guns on my computer I can get the other side if needed.

post-8418-1203117253.jpg

post-8418-1203117268.jpg

post-8418-1203117282.jpg

Dale,

I do not call your OLD single stack guns an abomination because of Bo-Mars. I call Bo-Mars and Fiber Optics abomination.

My Kimber was handiest for picture taking, I carry it; that's why it is shown cocked and locked. Both Colts are in the safe. One even has those sights which are responsible for the whole concept of point shooting.

WTF did he say????????