Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cloverfield

Sestock

The shaky cam technique is used to cover up a Directors and Cinematographers lack of talent. I'll pass.

You mean in general, or in this specific movie? If in general, I'd point at Saving Private Ryan... handheld, shaky cam can work great when used appropriately... Otherwise, it is something of an overused fad...

The shaky cam technique is used to cover up a Directors and Cinematographers lack of talent. I'll pass.

You mean in general, or in this specific movie? If in general, I'd point at Saving Private Ryan... handheld, shaky cam can work great when used appropriately... Otherwise, it is something of an overused fad...

I do mean in general. But their are a few specific exceptions. Saving Private Ryan is a very good example.

Jim M

Edited by JimmyM

I understand what you're saying, but you also need to consider the context of the movie. The entire movie was based on film from a civilian in the middle of all of it. Of course it's going to be shaky.

I still think they over did it. I mean, give it the effect in a scene or two... hell, even some seconds of every scene and I get the point, thank you. But the whole freakin' flic, every second of it!! :angry2: Way too much.

Since I left twenty minutes (1/3 of the movie :angry2: ) Do audiences get a good look at the creature? Any explanation of where did it come from? Any theory of what are the smaller critters?

• 10 years later...

10 year revival. I saw the promo for The Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix so I went back and watched the first 2 (Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane) and then watched the new one. Anybody else see all 3 yet? My short version review: I will watch the next one

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...