Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open

stipo

I haven't shot too much the last few years, and I'm trying to work up enthusiasm for shooting again. My best bud and I have decided to make a vacation with our wives around the Fla Open. Just wondered who I might expect to see when we get there.....aside from the super-squad-types! Stipo

I'm shooting on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. It is a great match and a terrific location for a vacation (once you get out of Frostproof and Sebring :rolleyes: ) I'll be at the Holiday Inn Express in Sebring on Saturday night. Where are you folks staying for the match?

Edited by XD Niner

First time down, staying up at a Hampton Inn in Winter Haven. I'm shooting on Friday and if I don't have time Friday I'll be back Sat morning to browse the vendor tables.

I'll be at the Hampton Inn also. :cheers:

Howdy again, boys and girls. My buddy's wife is doing all the trip planning, so I'm not sure where we're staying....I'm just along for the ride! After the match we're gonna spend another week or so down there. Ed's folks stay in Clewiston in the winter so we'll be goin' down there for a day or two. I really haven't a clue where else.....I find it easier to get along if I just do what I'm told!

I believe we're shooting Sat PM/Sun AM as well. I'll prolly be wearing my old tie-dyed SA shirt from the Master's so long ago you'd have to get there in Mr Wizard's "Way-Back" machine! If you think you see me, tell me about it!

Chris, I'll be sure to look you up at your booth. Stipo

This is also my first time shooting the Open, I'll be hanging out at the Green Gables :( Should at the very least be warmer than Vermont...

I stayed at the Green Gables last year. Not a bad place. While I agree it should be warmer than Vermont, it was really cold last year. Unfortunately I can't make it this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks now like we may spend at least one night in my runnin' buddies' dad's fishing trailer. It is sposed to be about 15 miles from the range. It is set up in a trailer park with clean bathrooms and showers, can't be TOO bad!

A friend and I will be there for Frank's monday~tuesday class after the match (Sat pm, Sun AM squad). It'll be my one year refresher course and be my friends first time.

Weather here is pretty nice (2/1/2008). Upper 70's, slighlty humid and sunshine. Hopefully it stays this way till next weekend.

• 10 months later...