Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Citibank cancels CDNN account - for selling guns

gotta start some where

I have an FFL and I have purchased from CDNN. Some good deals are to be had there. However, they would not even talk to me about sales unless I was an FFL holder.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta start some where

I have an FFL and I have purchased from CDNN. Some good deals are to be had there. However, they would not even talk to me about sales unless I was an FFL holder.

Strange, I just picked up a gun from CDNN yesterday (I don't have an FFL). I talked to a guy (Tracy) who wasn't the chattiest guy around, but helpful and completely willing to sell me a gun as long as I gave him the info for an FFL Dealer to send the gun to.

gotta start some where

Strange, I just picked up a gun from CDNN yesterday (I don't have an FFL). I talked to a guy (Tracy) who wasn't the chattiest guy around, but helpful and completely willing to sell me a gun as long as I gave him the info for an FFL Dealer to send the gun to.

If they already have that dealer on file there is no reason to send FFL.

gotta start some where

If they already have that dealer on file there is no reason to send FFL.

And all that "IS" Legal!!

Bob's Guns does that all the time.

Y

gotta start some where

I have bought several guns from them over the years. They have my dealers FFL on file. I tell them what I want, they take the billing info and the gun arrives at my dealer 3 or 4 days later. I am sure that CDNN will find another bank that will process their credit card transactions. Citibank in the mean time cost themselves a bunch of customers.

gotta start some where

I have bought several guns from them over the years. They have my dealers FFL on file. I tell them what I want, they take the billing info and the gun arrives at my dealer 3 or 4 days later. I am sure that CDNN will find another bank that will process their credit card transactions. Citibank in the mean time cost themselves a bunch of customers.

As soon as i have the funds available, I will cancel my Citibank Card and I'll help my Mom dispose of hers and her Sears Card!!

All will be followed by a call and a letter explaining our reasons to close out cards.

Y

Hate to be the wet blanket, but:

1. You can't argue with a NY Liberal

2. Citibank will actually take the feedback to mean that they should eject ALL firearms related business

Call, write and raise hell anyway, but don't think for a second that they're going to reverse course and/or apologize. Fully expect the current policy to continue and to expand.

2. Citibank will actually take the feedback to mean that they should eject ALL firearms related business

Call, write and raise hell anyway, but don't think for a second that they're going to reverse course and/or apologize. Fully expect the current policy to continue and to expand.

Let them, that would make me happy to dump my Citibank Cards.

How are they allowed to decide what type of transactions they will or will not allow ?

They made millions on gambling by looking the other way until the Feds made them stop.

Unless there is too much fraud why would they stop processing for a company just because they sell firearms ? Please. That makes no sense. These people will process anything as long as there are no charge backs and then, if there are, they will cut you off at the knees. Even if you are Mother Teresa. they are not in the social conscience business, they are in the $ business.

Something does not smell right.

They may be NY liberals, but they're still bean counters. If enough people call their attention to the fact that they are losing significant amounts of money due to their policies, they may reconsider. Yeah, unlikely, but if nobody complains it certainly won't happen. ;) Repeated reminders help. I'd send everything I can back, especially at their expense. I think it's good to continually communicate our side of it. Heck, locally I'll go into places with "no guns" signs if I'm going somewhere nearby anyway and say "oh, I was going to eat/shop here, but because of your policy that discriminates against gun owners, I'll just go spend my money somewhere else. I have a lot of friends and family who share my views and I'll be sure to pass on your policy to them as well."

I have talked to these people on this very issue. They were complete, ignorant turds. Plain and simple. There is no discussing the issue. There is no reason. There is no recourse that you, I, or anyone can take to change it. They do not want our money. I am perfectly content to not give it to them.

Don't believe me? Pick up the phone and give 'er a whirl.

(I don't use Citibank for anything, so I'm already boycott-ready.)

This isn't the first time they tried to do this. Looks like Citibank tried the same thing back in 2000 to firearms and gun store accounts.

Yup. I read that too when doing some research. Seems as though they have some major Islamic stock holders as well as some Saudis. :unsure:

This is insidious. I just looked at my AT&T credit card. I am a charter member and noticed a Citi logo. Have already written them to find out if they are Citibank and if so will cancel. Wanted to write so I can start a paper trail. I know that a written response, if I get one, will cost them a minimum of $200 just to process. We'll see.

This is insidious. I just looked at my AT&T credit card. I am a charter member and noticed a Citi logo. Have already written them to find out if they are Citibank and if so will cancel. Wanted to write so I can start a paper trail. I know that a written response, if I get one, will cost them a minimum of $200 just to process. We'll see.

Did they say anything??

Or just "Go away you nasty gun Owner you"

Interested to find out what their responses are