Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I had a great time.

I believe that I shot a total of six re-shoots on Friday due to the wind and changing stages, but it was all good. :cheers:

I remember coming up on Stage 6 on Friday thinking "Boy, I hope I don't have to R.O. this stage tomorrow, I'll be running my ass off!".

And guess where I ended up working? :roflol:

Everyone was great and I saw some new faces and some old and had a ball with everyone.

Looking forward to next year!

-Chet

Friday morning, beautiful and still...

post-553-1226986966_thumb.jpg

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected the San Angelo guys and gals did an outstanding job putting this match together and running it through the wind and the frosty temperatures. After their grueling day on Friday I was in awe of the good humor and class that all the RO’s showed on Saturday. My hat is off to you all.

The one day format for 12 stages is right at the limits of my endurance. Thanks to kind squad mates and understanding RO’s (especially on the low port) I was able to get up and keep going. The best part was that we all had FUN!

I hope to see a bunch more folks in San Angelo next year for Area 4. Let’s get it on the calendar…quickly.

One last thing. If you picked up a gun, a frame, a slide or just a bottle of oil off the prize table, please take the time to send an email to the vendor and thank them for their support.

David C

TY5333

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, haven't seen or heard nuttin". I wonder if the guy making the plaques knows his name was used saying he would make them & send them?

Anyone know someone they can call to check & see what is up?

This is the first plaque I've won in b class, I would really like to have it. Even though it was a third place, I would still like it.

MLM

Did anyone actually attend the awards ceremony on that Sunday? Isn't that when they would have given any plaques to the winners (or at least mention who "won" what place in each division/class? I didn't there would be much given out considering the low turn out. :huh:

Did anyone actually attend the awards ceremony on that Sunday? Isn't that when they would have given any plaques to the winners (or at least mention who "won" what place in each division/class? I didn't there would be much given out considering the low turn out. :huh:

I was at the awards and it was understandable that the awards were not ready for the event. It was stated that the awards would be mailed out. and had not been ordered as division and class attendance was uncertain. It was not said if a award would be given down to third place.

I'm not unhappy with the award being late or even if the award does not come at all. The guys that put the event on made a great Save in having it. :)

Yep, I was there along with several other folks posting in this thread. They did announce the winners and place finishers. Then they announced that they had no plaques because they didn't know how many people would be shooting in each Division / Class. A promise was made to get the plaques / etc in the mail. I can understand a delay on the plaques, but if the top finishers still haven't gotten their frames - this is an issue.

It's amazing to me that A4 had, by far, the lowest turn-out of any Area level match - despite the fact that it's held in TEXAS for God-Sakes. You'd think that in TEXAS, we'd have to turn folks away from the match. Some basic prior planning by a few key leaders could have made this a really well-attended match. Guess we'll have to wait until next September to find out when and where the 2009 A4 will be held.

At least we weren't "held hostage" to tear down stages before the awards ceremony like we were at the 2008 MG Nationals.

Diana,

We stayed for the awards. Ken Hicks "promised" plaques down to various different places depending on how many folks were in the class. I assume the plaques will go to the names that were called out at the awards ceremony. It seems as fluid as the signup was, Ken didn't want to have the plaques ordered ahead of time thinking he might miss someone. He named who was going to make them & said that guy would mail them out to everyone but I can't remember who it was.

I believe you had your name mentioned twice. I don't know if there are plaques associated with those spots but I suspect there are. Seems one may have been high lady limited or something like that & also you placed in class high enough to get a mention. I hereby award you two imaginary plaques. They are matching but nicer than my imaginary plaque. <_< I hope you enjoy them as much as I'm enjoying mine. hahaha. ;) Mine is hanging on my imaginary wall with my other surreal trophies. :lol:

MLM

:mellow: Dougy Dude ...Have you gotten an overdose of Xmass candy?

Oh and off the names called at the awards thin I don't get one any way for 2nd place M open <_< thats OK just 4 M in the event and GMs

BUT! they did not send the scores into be included as part of our classification record. How is that possible?

Edited by AlamoShooter

Diana,

We stayed for the awards. Ken Hicks "promised" plaques down to various different places depending on how many folks were in the class. I assume the plaques will go to the names that were called out at the awards ceremony. It seems as fluid as the signup was, Ken didn't want to have the plaques ordered ahead of time thinking he might miss someone. He named who was going to make them & said that guy would mail them out to everyone but I can't remember who it was.

I believe you had your name mentioned twice. I don't know if there are plaques associated with those spots but I suspect there are. Seems one may have been high lady limited or something like that & also you placed in class high enough to get a mention. I hereby award you two imaginary plaques. They are matching but nicer than my imaginary plaque. <_< I hope you enjoy them as much as I'm enjoying mine. hahaha. ;) Mine is hanging on my imaginary wall with my other surreal trophies. :lol:

MLM

Honestly, I didn't think I shot good enough to get anything. Your imaginary comments sure had me rolling over here though! :roflol: Nevertheless, I think most of the folks here simply appreciate the fact that we all got a chance to actually shoot an Area 4 match. I'm sure by next year the economy and overall scheduling will be a little better to gain more attendance.

:mellow: Dougy Dude ...Have you gotten an overdose of Xmass candy?

Oh and off the names called at the awards thin I don't get one any way for 2nd place M open <_< thats OK just 4 M in the event and GMs

BUT! they did not send the scores into be included as part of our classification record. How is that possible?

Alamo,

I wish it was Xmas candy - I'm hopped up on Percocet for a recently diagnosed back problem. Gotta ween myself off this crap by the weekend so I can shoot some matches (screw the pain, I gotta burn powder) - LOL!!

Honestly, a plaque isn't important to me, especially for what I consider a mediocre personal performance at A4. I also wonder why the scores for A4 weren't sent in yet - maybe not enough GMs to qualify??