Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Nationals - 2008

Bdavis

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am really pissed!!!

My score was NOT corrected on stage 9 after going into the stars office this morning!!!! I showed Bill Davis the score sheet and watched him supposedly correct it.

Big f'ing difference between 8.47 seconds and 4.47 seconds!!!

I am really disappointed in this!!! This should NOT happen at a Nationals

Eta that cost me 10 places!!!!

Edited by zhunter

Ok, I am really pissed!!!

My score was NOT corrected on stage 9 after going into the stars office this morning!!!! I showed Bill Davis the score sheet and watched him supposedly correct it.

Big f'ing difference between 8.47 seconds and 4.47 seconds!!!

I am really disappointed in this!!! This should NOT happen at a Nationals

Yeah, that is not good. especially when you showed him the hard copy...how many places would it move you?

Ummm how does somebody shoot Open at SS nationals?

2008 Single Stack Nationals

PASA

4/25/2008

Division Name USPSA Competitors

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

Single Stack Rob Leatham L684 275

Total: 276

Edited by steel1212

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

By not meeting the equipment requirements. It couldnt been weight, size or any other criteria but the only place to move at any match is Open

Edited by BSeevers

Robbie wins again!!! By 4% over Phil Strader, followed by Taran Butler in 3rd

Strader shot a really great match, beating everybody else by a commanding margin--but Leatham was unstoppable again this year, winning the majority of the stages as well as the overall match. His reign continues--long live the king of the single stack.

Just heard from Bill - I'm on squad 7 :D I recognize Mr Meek's name of course :cheers:

Well it looks like our squad value just went up. gives me a little more room to stink it up now. :surprise:

Alan

Meh, I'm a high C shooter, but will probably be a low B once I get classified in SS (just need 2 more classifiers)... Look forward to shooting with you though :cheers:

Twas nice to meet you Dave. :)

Congrats Robbie!! The oleman won again.

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

By not meeting the equipment requirements. It couldnt been weight, size or any other criteria but the only place to move at any match is Open

And since the don't do open... shoot for fun.

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

He was using a DOH and 10 rd mags. Welcome to Open!

Alan

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

Nope, sub minor is for fun, but not meeting division requiremnents is Open unless you are out of Open requiremtnts then its no score at all or DQ.

I knew the standards, Stage 3, and Stage 4 would cost me...and they did! Great shooting by Rob. Only 2 "D" hits for the entire match! AMAZING! Sure...he would decide to shoot a near mistake-free match when I shot decent, too!

Congrats buddy. I'll try to make another run at you in the Bianchi Cup next month.

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

Nope, sub minor is for fun, but not meeting division requiremnents is Open unless you are out of Open requiremtnts then its no score at all or DQ.

It was a SS only match... since there is nothing for open and no one it in... you are shooting for fun. ;)

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

It was a SS only match... since there is nothing for open and no one it in... you are shooting for fun. ;)

Going by this why wasn't it a DQ? They way they have it it looks like he won. I'm not saying bad things about the guy stuff happens I just think its odd they way they did that.

PASA

4/25/2008

Open Carl Todd A55212 1

Going by this why wasn't it a DQ? They way they have it it looks like he won. I'm not saying bad things about the guy stuff happens I just think its odd they way they did that.

Nothing odd about it. That is what the rule book says you do. Of course being moved to Open gets you nothing.

Thanks and a BIG great job to Bill Davis!!!

I e-mailed him last night and the scoring error was corrected.

THAT is all a shooter could ask!!!!

Final results for me was 61st, and 65.23% of the untouchable one, i.e. Robbie.

I know this was the Nationals, but does it count as a major match? There were only two GM's shooting it!! :lol:

I think it was a decent match, I was surprised being a Nationals that they did not weigh the guns or check for fitting in the box. I mean these are the 2 large criterias for shooting SS.

Maybe next year they'll have water on the stages, post stage results at the range, have a super squad, award prizes by order of finish, have at least one paper target on the all-steel stage (to make it legal), keep all of the shooters on the same schedule, have 18 stages, post them ahead of time, etc, etc, etc. You know, that way it will be more like a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Sorry, just venting a little. As far as the actual stages went, I thought they were good...maybe a bit harder than some I've seen, but still good. Of course, the RO's and staff were great as usual. I just think USPSA needs to get a bit more involved. Just sticking your name on an existing SSC match isn't enough.

I'll definitely be back next year...I'll just need to apply faster!

And Z, I understand your pain. I watched them change my "U" to an "M" as well as my USPSA number to the new one, and it's still posted wrong.

Maybe next year they'll have at least one paper target on the all-steel stage (to make it legal)

We just completed our Area match with an all steel stage and the discussion came up about having one paper on a stage and this was the answer.

see 4.3.1.4

"at least one authorized paper target OR popper must be included in each course of fire"

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

Maybe next year they'll have water on the stages, post stage results at the range, have a super squad, award prizes by order of finish, have at least one paper target on the all-steel stage (to make it legal), keep all of the shooters on the same schedule, have 18 stages, post them ahead of time, etc, etc, etc. You know, that way it will be more like a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Sorry, just venting a little. As far as the actual stages went, I thought they were good...maybe a bit harder than some I've seen, but still good. Of course, the RO's and staff were great as usual. I just think USPSA needs to get a bit more involved. Just sticking your name on an existing SSC match isn't enough.

I'll definitely be back next year...I'll just need to apply faster!

And Z, I understand your pain. I watched them change my "U" to an "M" as well as my USPSA number to the new one, and it's still posted wrong.

It was a pleasure to watch you shoot Phil... I thought maybe that new guy on your squad had put the bad juju on you guys talking about not shooting any noshoots. I was the guy that winced with you at the mention of it. You know... the fat guy with the flames on the hat. :P

I expressed many of the same issues you bring up here. It didn't matter so much to me as I was able to walk down anytime and get refreshments. Although walking my fat ass up and down that hill was a bitch. It would have been good too, at the very least, have a water station setup at on the upper and lower stages where you could grab a bottle or two as needed.

They RO's/CRO's did a great job, but there were some issues with getting them hotels. Edit for content... perhaps an unfair assessments.

Congrats on a great match Phil... It's hard to beat a guy that makes zero mistakes. If it were any other year, it would have been your match. Also, props to Mike... if he hadn't had a trigger reset issue he would have been right there with you. I hated to see it for Mike as he was on fire before that shit happened. All I could say to him was, you didn't blow up, your gun did. He said the damn thing hadn't malfed in 6months.... isn't that the way it always is? What was the problem...? Trigger bow bent or what?

You guys were both tolerant and approachable... I hope I didn't make to much of a nuisance of myself.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Yeah, I figured I left about 35 points on the table. It's amazing how close it was (or would have been) without my few small mistakes. Rob just shot a great match...and he deserves yet another title. This is his game...I'll get plenty of more shots at TGO!

The staff for this match has always been top notch. That's one thing that we can always count on.

We never figured out what happened with Mike's gun. That was too weird. Mine will get cleaned and stored until next year's match!

Phil

Maybe next year they'll have at least one paper target on the all-steel stage (to make it legal)

We just completed our Area match with an all steel stage and the discussion came up about having one paper on a stage and this was the answer.

see 4.3.1.4

"at least one authorized paper target OR popper must be included in each course of fire"

Randal

I thought about that but I don't know the rules as well as other so I figured I was missing something.

And I would assume the stages had to be approved by USPSA at least for an area match. Hhhmmm.

see 4.3.1.4: "at least one authorized paper target OR popper must be included in each course of fire" ...

I thought about that but I don't know the rules as well as other so I figured I was missing something.

And I would assume the stages had to be approved by USPSA at least for an area match. Hhhmmm.

Pepper poppers test power factor. As long as there's one on a stage, everything else can be plates. If you're referring to Area 6, stage 1 "Field of Steel" had 20 poppers on it, and was therefore legal. (If you couldn't do this, there wouldn't be an option in EzWinScore for an all-steel stage!)