Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

drop in after market barrel on Glock

B_RAD

I have "dropped in" a Lone Wolf and a KKM with no additional work. So far, everything has been perfectly fine. I case gauge match ammo, but pretty much everything that fails the gauge shoots just fine in practice.

Edited by mscott

Looking into getting after market barrel for glock to shoot lead. Who has the best and are there any truly drop in ones out there?

I have dropped in KKM, Lone Wolf, and Stormlake Machine. No problem with any of them.

Which one is the best, that depends on who you ask. I currently shoot all three.

I dropped in a Barsto with no fitting. Seems to have a tight chamber and have to case gauge my ammo in the barrel itself. Have read several threads about the Barsto needing fitting. Barsto even says 7 out of 10 "should" drop in. Accuracy out of this barrel is great.

I dropped in a Barsto with no fitting. Seems to have a tight chamber and have to case gauge my ammo in the barrel itself. Have read several threads about the Barsto needing fitting. Barsto even says 7 out of 10 "should" drop in. Accuracy out of this barrel is great.

I think if you called Irv he may be able to give you an idea on how close to "drop in" it will be.

His after market barrels are super accurate.

I have drop in barrels from KKM, and LWD and all work great in the standard frame, be careful if you every opt for the CCF metal frame. eventhough the barrels are drop in they will not work correctly in this frame. I made the mistake of trying it and broke the locking block into 3 pieces. $150.00 to replace/re-fit new locking block. stick with the stock barrel or have the aftermarket ones fitted.

Been shooting 147 FPBB very hard lead for years in my 34. Barrel looks like new when cleaned...Never really understood the fear of stock barrels and lead but...I guess it depends on the lead....Gonna try a LW just to see if there's an actual difference. Don't mean to veer off-thread but stock Glock barrels have proven to be adequate, to say the least.

• 1 month later...

I got a drop-in barrel from Jarvis for my Glock 17. Fits really nice. Noticeable improvement in accuracy. I like it alot.

The only difference is it doesn't seem to like cartridges with an OAL greater than 1.110. So far, all of my reloads that have an OAL of 1.110 or greater have had problems.

All the cartridges with an OAL of 1.080 and less are great!

FYI, I'm using Winchester brass and Rainier 124gr FP Lead-Free bullets. :ph34r:

Edited by CrankyCrash

My Lone Wolf Glock 35 9mm conversion barrel dropped right in, but it has an extremely tight chamber. No problem with factory ammo, but I've had some jams with some reloads that would work through a factory barrel.