Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals date posted

Badkarma

IF I'm still in Marketing, there is no way in 7734 I can make those dates. The good news is that I've been trying to transfer out of Marketing for the last 6 months! I love the back-to-back format - it lets me be both of my USPSA purrsonalities - RO Grrl and Shooter Grrl :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back-2-back in bend a few years back was a gas. makes for a long week, so i hope tulsa weather will be good.

Back to back in Barry a few years back was a scorcher! Heat exhaustion nearly got me on day 4. I too hope that the weather will be good in Tulsa....

am i the ONLY person that thinks Limited and Open are both 20 round race guns and the match would run SOOOOO much smoother with the two of them being shot together. ... or is it that the powers that be doesn't want to shoot something besides open and limited?

Nope. I am thinkin' the same as you. I loved the Racegun/Streetgun Nationals format. I kinda made sense to put the low cap guns all together. :surprise: You and I are just weird. :cheers:

And so far no schedule conflicts with any sectionals or other matches one would like to attend. I guess this means the World shoot has also settled on a date. The web site show 10-26-2008 but I dont know if that is the most current date and if that is a hard date not to be changed.

Guess again,

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, Area 1 3 Gun, and Wisconsin Sectionals are some right off the top of my head. Absolutely nothing personal to those that are happy to get dates, however this is ridiculous. So now we know dates, but no location.....oh and you have to get at least 6 days of of work for those with a normal schedule.....

I am with Z, give 2009's dates and location and the president can say he is doing his job. Until then he hasn't. For many USPSA members this is far too little, far too late. :angry2:

I was basing this off the uspsa web pages scheduled matches, I didnt see any conflicts. I couldnt compare to all the others at the same time. There is always conflicts, the difference is that if we go ahead and schedule 2009 in the next 3-6mionths then the organizers of other events can work around.

am i the ONLY person that thinks Limited and Open are both 20 round race guns and the match would run SOOOOO much smoother with the two of them being shot together. ... or is it that the powers that be doesn't want to shoot something besides open and limited?

I believe they do this so that the big dawgs wanna shoot both Limited and Open....But now you see some of them shooting Production. :ph34r:

Somebody check my facts (I didn't look them up), but it seems that Open and Limited have always been the two largest divisions at the Nationals. Given that, it probably makes sense to split them up ?

Thank you Flex.

I'm happy the dates will work out for some. September is, however, a huge dissapointment for any juniors hoping to attend. I hear much lip service to the juniors being the future of the sport but when it comes to encouraging and accomodationg them this sort of thing happens. Juniors shouldn't be forced to make a choice between their education and IPSC. :(

I so agree! My son (a junior in high school) made the World Shoot team - at least 13 days in Bali in Oct/Nov, he had planned to shoot both limited and open at nationals but thats another week, not counting area matches and others that will be scheduled during the fall of 2008, he could miss as much as a month of school the first semester. How do I justify that! The future of the sport can't miss that much school, it would be nice if they would make it a little easier on us. :angry2:

IF I'm still in Marketing, there is no way in 7734 I can make those dates. The good news is that I've been trying to transfer out of Marketing for the last 6 months! I love the back-to-back format - it lets me be both of my USPSA purrsonalities - RO Grrl and Shooter Grrl :)

I can't believe this - the only year I've ever had a conflict and I got a call tonight telling me I earned a slot - holy sh*t! I think I'm going to take it - I've got 8+ months to find a new job, right??! ;)

Congrats Kat! :) Work is optional ... shooting is much more fun.

I'm surprised they are calling slots out so soon. Hope I get the call :rolleyes:

Yep, I got my call today for the limited nationals. Yeah Baby!!!!!

:cheers:

• 3 months later...

Troy or anyone that can answer my question.

Do we have to register on September 10 between 9am - 12pm? I can't find a flight out of Detroit to get me in Tulsa early enough for the registration window.

I don't want to leave Detroit on the September 9th if there isn't going to be any shooting on the 10th because with another day of work missed, extra hotel, rental car and food I'm looking at another $400.

Please let me know if we can register the morning of the match.

Regards.

Troy or anyone that can answer my question.

Do we have to register on September 10 between 9am - 12pm? I can't find a flight out of Detroit to get me in Tulsa early enough for the registration window.

I don't want to leave Detroit on the September 9th if there isn't going to be any shooting on the 10th because with another day of work missed, extra hotel, rental car and food I'm looking at another $400.

Please let me know if we can register the morning of the match.

Regards.

I was wondering the same thing about LPR Nats for school purposes.....

Edited by gunnerBU

Sorry, guys, I didn't see these questions until today. I'll go out on a limb and say that tentatively, you should be able to register the morning of the match, or have someone do it for you on registration day. Getting a buddy to do it might be your best bet. I'll run this by David Hyden, the MD for both matches, and see what he says, and get back with you. (He doesn't participate here.) I don't think it will be a problem, especially if you are in contact with either him or me prior to the match so that we don't count you as a no-show and give your slot away.

As soon as I can confirm with David, I'll post all the info I can.

Troy