Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R & R Racing Multi-Gun 2008

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now that you guys changed the way this match is going to be scored what rules are we going to use now?? USPSA, IMG?? Did I miss that info somewhere???????

Brian

Brian I believe it's going to be the Horner method, IDPA scoring with IMG penalties ??? :unsure:

I understand thats it the Horner scoring (just what the sport needs another scoring method) but what I wanted to know is what rules are we following. The reason I ask determines what mag tube is installed on my shotgun. USPSA only allows 9rds or something like that where as IMGA is what ever it holds. This is of course only applies to the dark side of the sport which is open class!! Any way after all this being said Craig emailed me and said that they are following IMGA rules

Thanks All Brian

BYW DC are you going to the match??

USPSA only allows 9rds or something like that where as IMGA is what ever it holds.

Just a note - USPSA rules don't limit the length or capacity of the tube, only how many you put in it.

-- Open = 10+1

-- Limited = 8+1

The tube can be any length you want...

B

Some questions on the rules:

Safety rules say rifles and shotguns will be cased or carried slung, muzzle up and action open between stages. I carry (as I did last year at this match) my long guns in a cart which holds them muzzle down. Will I be dq'd for using this? Looking down the barrels of my guns while I wheel them between stages is not particularly appealing to me, and my cart doesn't allow muzzle up carry, anyway. I don't use a sling to carry my guns around, either. Slings get in the way, and can be a safety problem, on most stages. Neither do I normally case them between stages (though I may use gun socks if it's dusty). I have enough to carry without cased or slung guns. If competitors are going to be held strictly to these rules, maybe the rules need to be re-examined to allow different (safe) modes of firearm transport. If they won't be strictly enforced, why have them? Why can't it just be required that actions are either open, or have a chamber flag inserted? I just don't see the safety need to require cases and/or slings.

I noticed that there is no minimum power factor listed, except under heavy metal rules. Can I assume 9mm - 125 for pistol and .223 - 150 for rifle in open-tactical iron-tactical scope?

6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 9 rounds max.

Is this 9 rounds max at anytime or just before the buzzer?

I think it's at any time. In fact, I think it could be interpreted to say that the shotgun may not be capable of holding more than 9 rounds.

Actually a true gamer would use a high cap 9mm in "Heavy Metal" The pistol only has to meet Tactical Class rules. Minimum caliber is 9mm x 19mm.

That is what I am worried about.

I am fairly sure this is not what Robert had in mind and I hope they will clarify soon.

Otherwise I may have to shoot the "limpwristed" version of HM with a G34.

Hello 3 gun gal...... Bushhawk.......someone.......

Patrick

Looks like something was missing. Here are the rules for Heavy Metal 2008

6.7 Heavy Metal Class

6.7.1 Rifle Rules

6.7.1.1 Iron Rifles must comply with Tactical Iron Rifle Rules.

6.7.1.2 Rifles will be .308 Winchester (7.62 x 51 NATO) or larger caliber.

6.7.1.3 No magazine shall exceed a 20 round capacity.

6.7.2 Shotgun Rules:

6.7.2.1 Auto shotguns are NOT allowed in the HEAVY METAL CLASS all other requirements for shotgun must comply with Tactical Shotgun Rules.

6.7.3 Pistol Rules: No more than 10 rounds allowed in any magazine at any time.

P.S. Jobob, watch your muzzle cuz I got my eye on you........ mister!

Edited by 3gungal