Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom to carry if you choose.

gunsablazin

N.M. ccw is pretty easy to get...simple class, background check...$200.00

Yeah, but you've got a whole bunch of restrictions don't you? Are you allowed to carry in a restaurant that has beer on the menu?

Just the normal stuff.....not where alcohol is served banks airports ect

But we can carry in stores where alcohol is sold...just not consumed.

Out here anyone can carry in the open....but have to get the CCW to hide it out :rolleyes:

Jim

Yeah, but you've got a whole bunch of restrictions don't you? Are you allowed to carry in a restaurant that has beer on the menu?

Out here anyone can carry in the open....but have to get the CCW to hide it out :rolleyes:

Jim

If you know your stuff, seems like open carry would be deterrent enough

Jim

Agreed. That's as big of DFWM sign as anyone needs. :)

Edited by JThompson

This is not "just the normal stuff" where I come from (except for the federal stuff and administrative prohibitions at courthouses and a ccw not valid at schools law). I am under no such restrictions regarding bars, banks, police stations, etc. in Massachusetts, Maine (except for posted bars), Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut or Rhode Island. The laundry list of restricted venues is the one problem with recently enacted CCW statutes.

Jim

When immersed in gang banger bad guys...it can be to your advantage to appear to be just another sheep.

Little do they know that you have a firm grip on the butt of the 500 S&W snubbie in your pocket :rolleyes:

jim :D

I am fortunate to work for a very pro gun company. Legal concealed carry is both authorized and encouraged. The plant manager is very pro gun (me :rolleyes: ) and the President (my boss) told me "never miss a hunting trip because of work".

The announcement of "I just bought a new pistol/rifle/shotgun" is always followed by "bring it in-let's see it"

Good times!

Dave

I am fortunate to work for a very pro gun company. Legal concealed carry is both authorized and encouraged. The plant manager is very pro gun (me :rolleyes: ) and the President (my boss) told me "never miss a hunting trip because of work".

The announcement of "I just bought a new pistol/rifle/shotgun" is always followed by "bring it in-let's see it"

Good times!

Dave

Resume inbound! :D

Good times!

Dave

Resume inbound! :D

I missed your resume coming in. I took the 1911 that was setting in it's case (on my desk) and went to the local gunshop and traded it on a S&W 29. :cheers:

Yep-we had show and tell when I returned.

Dave

Jim

When immersed in gang banger bad guys...it can be to your advantage to appear to be just another sheep.

Little do they know that you have a firm grip on the butt of the 500 S&W snubbie in your pocket :rolleyes:

jim :D

Don't know about you but I try my best not to get immersed in gang banger bad guys and try not to go anywhere they might be in any numbers...Is NM that bad, Jim...you are always welcome back in Texas...my thinking is that if they see you carrying, chances are they will under estimate your profiency (just another sheep) and after you kill the first two or three they might reconsider that thought...but then again maybe the bad guys there are worse than the ones here...If there are more than 3 I usually try to avoid the area completely...

When you carry open...they are VERY aware of you...and will give you a wide berth.

I think you may be in a better position to survive a bad encounter...if they underestimate you ...and you also have the element of surprize.

And yes it is getting pretty bad here <_< lots of gang types from down south <_<

several of my ancestors came here from Texas :) cowboys and lawmen.....so I am quite fond of Texas!

Jim

This is not "just the normal stuff" where I come from (except for the federal stuff and administrative prohibitions at courthouses and a ccw not valid at schools law). I am under no such restrictions regarding bars, banks, police stations, etc. in Massachusetts, Maine (except for posted bars), Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut or Rhode Island. The laundry list of restricted venues is the one problem with recently enacted CCW statutes.

It's much the same in Oregon. When out of my home I never take my gun off except to go to the courthouse and I only have to that once every four years to get my CCW renewed.

Ed

When you carry open...they are VERY aware of you...and will give you a wide berth.

I think you may be in a better position to survive a bad encounter...if they underestimate you ...and you also have the element of surprize.

And yes it is getting pretty bad here <_< lots of gang types from down south <_<

several of my ancestors came here from Texas :) cowboys and lawmen.....so I am quite fond of Texas!

Jim

You may be right, but I would rather have it on my hip and let them know than have it concealed when I yell at them to "Go F*@k yourself"...and the shooting starts...

I try to stay in condition yellow as Cooper called it whenever I am carrying, but there parts of town where you better be in Orange and semi-red...so know what you mean...do you have MS-13 there? They are some bad folks...

I can understand the desire to hurl insults at them.

But I will opt to be very low key....and as most bullets travel faster than sound...they should hear.....nothing.

It is a sad state where one must watch ones every step due to evil criminals in our midst.

TL I sure look forward to meeting you!!

Jim

Jim

I think that might give them an advantage if they are smart (5%) I think iwould rather CCW.

I do understand your point.

In otherwords they can pump a couple in the back of your head. I would rather return that favor myself before they can.