Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2003 Factory Gun Nationals-who's going?

Well, I'll be there, but you guys will be having the fun and I'll being doing the work! BTW, I have to believe that the only thing worse than sweating while shooting that match last year, was being stuck outside sweating ALL day working the match! :( But for some reason, I'm headed back.....

Hey, maybe I should offer something special for BE forum members shooting my stage? Let's see..... a 10% time credit.... a stage mulligan good for a re-shoot.... score all points one point higher (B becomes A, C becomes B, D becomes C, and following this logic, M becomes D?). Does that sound fair to everyone? Any other suggestions? Of you course you do realize that I'll have to run whatever we work out through the RM or MD for approval, and that might be a little bit of a challenge. :D

Seriously, make sure you say hello when you hit my stage (Barry or Bend).

Flex, last year they had 19 stages + Chrono and tent (my family got in the good squad, finished an hour early on the tent... :)) with less shooters then this year. I guess they are running less stages to speed things up a little with more shooters. The schedule is all messed up too, awards and prize table the evening after the shoot-off?!?! Just what are we gonna do all day in Quincy? Because there isn't much.......

Posted already on GT, but I'll post here too. I'll be there shooting Production, the question is whether I'll be B or A class by then. And like I said on GT, I want to meet as many of you as possible, so I'll be roaming around looking at nametags. :P

I'll be there shooting Production. Meeting up with my Posse', as they'll already be there for the 3 gun. They're a bit more gun ho than I (pun intended).

Someone mentioned that there will only be 15 stages??? I also heard that the awards were going back to formal, and prizes were going to be done afterward??!! These are all the things that most the shooters hated in the past and that Mike Voight changed at the "Will of the shooters". Now it seems he slipping into Andy Hollarism..??? What a shame.

BTW: Matthew Mink stated:

Posted already on GT, but I'll post here too.

What is GT?

Thanks,

Bucky Pollard.

IPSC G34, did I understand you to say you had family with you? If that is the case there are a great many things to do. In Quincy there are movie theaters. golf courses, swimming pools and water slides, museums, parks, and a lot of other family things to do. Even Barry has a public golf course, swimming pool, and I would highly recommend a visit to the Apple Basket. There is also a new winery in town, (OK, not a family visit kind of thing, but...). Also as Limited 40 said, Hannibal has alot to offer. I have been through Mark Twain cave a number of times and always find it to be great fun. And I would go on the Mississippi river boat dinner cruise every visit if I had the time. If you are attending without the family, you are correct there is very little adult intertainment to be found. I have always been of the mind to make my own fun if I found there to be a lack of anything that suited me. Look me up or send me an email, I will do my best to find something that will please you! :)