Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which optic is this?

Chills1994

Pretty sure it's a Leupy CQT mounted bass-ackwards.

I remember seeing a larger pic.

My thought exactly...backwards...she's looking thought the objective end.

The bolts on the base are over the ejection port...backwards

The red button on the front left is the Butler Creek Scope Cap for the eyepiece that came with the CQ-T the first few years. You can see the objective cap is flipped down in the back.

Prop guy wasn't paying attention.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/s...4-1-3x14mm-cqt/

Edited by Middle Man

Okay, thanks.

The scene(s) where her and Brad Pitt are "duking it out" inside their house, yes, it looks like she has a suppressed MP5 with a C-more mounted on top.

I got some hands on time with a Leupold CQT at the NRA show last February, and IIRC, they seemed to be a lot smaller than what Mrs. Smith has on her carbine there.

Leupold doesn't make two sizes of their CQT, do they?

Or did they used to make them bigger?

I was getting all excited because I thought I had stumbled across a tactical scope that I don't ever remember us BE'ers posting about.

I saw the same thing in the Bruce Willis Navy seals in africa movie. His AIMPOINT was on backwards.

...and of couse there's always this one, cut & pasted, not from a movie, but from the NEWS.

nypdAIMPOINTbackwards.jpg

But look at all the black Nomex, he MUST be a trained Ninja Tacti-hero. :rolleyes:

Yep Leuopold (sp) Mark 4 CQT 1-3x...just like mine but backwards...I don't think I look that good using it though. I do love the scope FWIW...the reticle is soooo sweet...it changes from "yellowish" to black depending on the background/target. It is a tad heavy...but what to I care...it is on my HK G3...if you worry about weight the G3 is NOT your friend.

Pretty sure it's a Leupy CQT mounted bass-ackwards.

I remember seeing a larger pic.

That's how you mount a scope if you're REALLY good. The targets look alot smaller that way. ;)

Hey, didn't anyone ever tell you "aim small, miss small"?

:closedeyes:

Okay, thanks.

I got some hands on time with a Leupold CQT at the NRA show last February, and IIRC, they seemed to be a lot smaller than what Mrs. Smith has on her carbine there.

Leupold doesn't make two sizes of their CQT, do they?

Or did they used to make them bigger?

It just seems that way because of the size of her lips in that pic.

Edited by Derek45