Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock G35 Holster

Ump

Comp-Tac straight drop paddle; reasonable price and will be in your mailbox in just a few days.

+1

Just make sure you have a belt that will not get you into trouble with the "daylight" rule in IDPA.

+2 on the Comp-Tac straight drop. I prefer the belt to the paddle. Get a good quality 1 1/2" belt. Comp-Tac has that as well and your are good to go. Blade -Tech is also a good choice. They have a competition package that is a great deal as it comes with a drop and offset attachment, so you can use it for USPSA.

I've tried a bunch of holsters, handmade and factory. Of all of them, I like the $20 Uncle Mike's Kydex holsters more than anything else. They are sturdy, fast, and inexpensive. You can run them in IDPA with the paddle. . . most places anyway. For USPSA you can use the DOH adapter from Blade Tech if you drill a new hole to match the holster, or make your own from kydex stock. The UM belt loop works good enough for me though.

For mag pouches, click the blog link in my signature, and look for the "Good, Inexpensive Mag Pouches" link on the right under "Reviews."

Bladetech pulled a huge percentage of shooters at the IDPA Nationals. The survey is in the Tactical Journal this month. The DOH has to be modified to be legal in IDPA, but it's a heck of a holster. I don't think it loses any speed to the "race holsters" and is very secure.

HK Dan

Safariland makes a decent holster for the 35 too.

...I like the $20 Uncle Mike's Kydex holsters more than anything else. They are sturdy, fast, and inexpensive. You can run them in IDPA with the paddle. . . most places anyway...

I like the UM holsters too. Very good value for the money, and fine for USPSA Production as an inexpensive entry into the Division. But, again, ya gotta watch for the IDPA rules. The paddle is OK, but not the belt holster, daylight compliant or not. Too much offset from the body, and the last rules book cites the UM holster by name as one of the noncompliant models.

Uncle Mikes kydex holster. Best value for the money.

For USPSA I have drilled mine and installed the BladeTech Dropped off set belt attachment. I had a Bladetech holster, but got rid of it, as I like the Uncle Mikes better.

I'm a comp-tac whore. Had about a dozen of them, a couple of blade-techs, and quite a few others.

I've used the CT belt and paddle holsters, but currently use their locking paddle for IDPA matches. Best holster for games that I've ever used. Even more stable than the belt and paddle holsters, and absolutely will NOT come off or slide on your belt.

I'm a comp-tac whore. Had about a dozen of them, a couple of blade-techs, and quite a few others.

I've used the CT belt and paddle holsters, but currently use their locking paddle for IDPA matches. Best holster for games that I've ever used. Even more stable than the belt and paddle holsters, and absolutely will NOT come off or slide on your belt.

I also use a locking comp-tac paddle holster for IDPA, and I was surprised recently to see this statement on their site:

Most popular with the ISPC crowd (Not IDPA legal without in-house modification).

(here)

Anyone know anything about this?

For mag pouches, click the blog link in my signature, and look for the "Good, Inexpensive Mag Pouches" link on the right under "Reviews."

Link stops at the entry page to glocktalk.com. Got a link that takes me to the thread?

Edited by 98sr20ve

I also use a locking comp-tac paddle holster for IDPA, and I was surprised recently to see this statement on their site:

Most popular with the ISPC crowd (Not IDPA legal without in-house modification).

(here)

Anyone know anything about this?

The Comp-Tac Locking Paddle holster was fine with the old IDPA rule book, but when they changed it (not allowing daylight between holster and belt) the holster was no longer legal. Greg was great and once he knew what was needed, fixed it. My understanding is that IF they know that you are going to be using the holster for IDPA, they (in house) will fix the amount of off-set so that it will be IDPA legal.

Can't say enough good things about Comp-Tac and Greg. Both are first class.

Garry N

Does anyone know if the Uncle Mike's holster will clear a Dawson FO front sight .285" tall?

I doubt it as my Warren Tactical sights at .215 tall leave scrape marks in a Uncle Mikes holster

That's weird. I have Heinie's with a .225" tall front, and I don't have any problems with my UM kydex.

Odd indeed