Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

All the local hillbillys are agog about something called The Ryder Cup being held here next year. Is that a golf thing and will you be in Louisville for it?

Dale,

It is a golf thing. I guess it goes between countrys. It was held near Boston a few years ago.

All the local hillbillys are agog about something called The Ryder Cup being held here next year. Is that a golf thing and will you be in Louisville for it?

Dale,

It is a golf thing. I guess it goes between countrys. It was held near Boston a few years ago.

It is a golf thing and my Uncle was a Caddy in the first one help in Worcester, MA. But, I am not Zhunter so I will shut up now :surprise:

The Ryder Cup is an international contest between the golfers from the US and Europe...it used to be just the UK but now includes all Europe and I think Asia...

they play a series of matches..two man best ball, individual etc..the winner of the match gets 1 point the looser none, if they tie they each get .5 points...the side with the most points at the end of the matches is the winner....Europe has been kicking sand in our faces for 5 of the last 6 matches..time to step up..hope this helps

The Ryder Cup is a biennial event held between professional golf teams from the USA and from Europe. Twelve players per side.

Eight alternate shot team matches, eight better ball team matches, twelve individual matches held on the last of the three day event.

Very big deal in golfdom.

It is a "golf thing" yes :D

The Ryder Cup is a biennial event held between professional golf teams from the USA and from Europe. Twelve players per side.

Eight alternate shot team matches, eight better ball team matches, twelve individual matches held on the last of the three day event.

Very big deal in golfdom.

Great explanation, and YES, I will be there!

The Ryder Cup is the largest golf event in the world, by far!!!

Yeah, that's the impression I was getting. Wouldn't it be better to play a big international golf thing with Wii, involve more people, make more $ and not waste all that pasture land? :devil:

Yeah, that's the impression I was getting. Wouldn't it be better to play a big international golf thing with Wii, involve more people, make more $ and not waste all that pasture land? :devil:

As long as the Al Gore Internet could handle all of those golf balls being hit at the same time

Wouldn't it be better to play a big international golf thing with Wii,...:devil:

I think they do... or maybe I'm thinking of Michelle Wie ?? :blush:

19_thumb.jpg

She can't break 75 anymore, good thing she is in school and signed those big contracts, cuz she can't beat anyone any more

Many similarities between USPSA shooting and golf.

Agreed, in shooting like golf I experience all emotions from euphoria to maddening frustration.... Some times I feel like Tin Cup after I miss a piece of steel a couple times.... :ph34r::wacko:

Excellent idea...I've always heard it called "cow pasture pool".

I wonder if a pasture full of cows produce more methane gas than a pasture full of golfers and associated spectators.

hmmmm...Carbon Credits anyone? :rolleyes: