Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

springfield 40 s&w

G+16

:surprise: everone has talked for years about springfield building a 1911 hi-cap in 40 s&w, but there in not one in the pipe line. I wrote deb else at springfield and she said the same thing (sept 25 07), but I could have one built starting at $2000 on up, so I'm still thinking about it. Having last surgery done in a.m. picked-up the 2008 Guns&Ammo Buyer's Guide to read in hospital and in springfield section page 94 listed springfield trophy match 1911 40 s&w listed for $1541. Now I'm just an old jar-head country boy :blink: , but how can springfield tell me one thing and then a Highly thought of magazine that covers our sport tell me something eles????????????? :ph34r:

The used to have on the website a .40s&w hi cap Trophy Match, but it was pulled and the last info that I had from Deb was not going to happen this year maybe next and that was this past spring.

Maybe now that Caspian has hi cap mags that should work with the S&A frame it is back on.

The trophy match is a single stack.

I heard that they are coming out with a .40 emp over christmas and the trophy match will be out mid next year. Isn't the .45 trophy match like a 1100$ gun? Regardless I've quit waiting for springfield to build what we want and just do it myself. If you want a "springfield" get a milspec gun sell everything but the frame and build.

Also, para mags work with the Springfield frame so mags aren't an issue.

Edited by steel1212

Unless you just gotta have "Springfield" stamped on the frame I dont see the point, Lots of good deals on Para 16-40's right on this websight. I think the Para's need some small parts upgrades but you would have alot less than $2000 in basically the same gun. For that matter you could get an Armscore or Enterprise and have probably the exact same frame.

Unless you just gotta have "Springfield" stamped on the frame I dont see the point, Lots of good deals on Para 16-40's right on this websight. I think the Para's need some small parts upgrades but you would have alot less than $2000 in basically the same gun. For that matter you could get an Armscore or Enterprise and have probably the exact same frame.

good point, I have a Para 16-40 Limited Covert (the black one) that I used a 35% off Para coupon I picked up off a prize table, got the gun for $650 or so, added a dawson icemagwell, extended mag release, had a trigger job done with the componets on it, and added 3 mags plus dawson plus base pads(21 rounds) All said I have about a $1100 or less in the gun and now about 4000 rounds with zero failures and it runs with factory ammo (wolf 180gr brass cased stuff and Federal and Winchester 165gr)

I haven't had any problems with the para power extractor and it was very tight and accurate out of the box.

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

The trophy match is a single stack.

I heard that they are coming out with a .40 emp over christmas and the trophy match will be out mid next year. Isn't the .45 trophy match like a 1100$ gun? Regardless I've quit waiting for springfield to build what we want and just do it myself. If you want a "springfield" get a milspec gun sell everything but the frame and build.

Also, para mags work with the Springfield frame so mags aren't an issue.

True a trophy match is a single stack in 45acp, but as the magazine catalog states a trophy match in 40 s&w with 16 cap. But illregardless, I have two milspec high-cap in 45, I had one torn down and rebuilt for limited, I think I'm going your route, get a sti slide, barrel and miss. parts and just sent off and have one built, tired of s.a. dragging their feet :closedeyes:

Maybe now that Caspian has hi cap mags that should work with the S&A frame it is back on.

The Caspian mags work in the Springfield ?

not sure, I thought/ heard that the hi cap fame was caspian, but no first hand experience

I would suggest calling Deb at SA and asking whats up

I'm pretty sure that the Springfield-Para-Enterprise frames are the ones that can share mags. Unless somethng has changed, the Caspian mags are too different, if I recall correctly.

Add Armscor, and BUL

STI/SVI/SPS have nearly the same dimensions, and can be made to work.

Caspian mags are narrower, more like Tanfoglio etc.

Edited by wide45

Hey Guys: :rolleyes:

Caspians new 40 hicap mags are just like TZ mags wont work in springfields/paras.

Caspians new 40 mags ,not the ones listed in brownells are about as nice a mag and base

pad that ive seen so far,work good also. :closedeyes:

Jim/PA

sailors custom