Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack and CR-Speed pouches

Rocket35

• 2 weeks later...
I measured mine at 1 1/8" from the inside of the outer belt. Oh well, I like the Bladetech's better anyway.

Finally somebody with some help! Thanks! :cheers: I guess I am going with the Safariland 771 series pouches....if my current rig sells I am going to order more for STI and M&P mags....they are really close to the same width and I believe I could use the same pouches for both.

if my current rig sells I am going to order more for STI and M&P mags....they are really close to the same width and I believe I could use the same pouches for both.

If you are talking CR speed mag carriers they won't quite work with the M&P mags (at least I couldn't tighten them down quite tight enough using the S_I inserts). I milled down some of Beretta / CZ spacers to work with the M&P mags. 771's or 773's may work for both, I don't know.

I have been using the CR speed, and just recently switched to the Safariland 773 for single stack on the safariland belt.

You can get 5 mag pouches closer together than with the CR speed, and Chuck has the velcro kits in for safariland, you put this on the back and it secures better to the belt than the CR Speeds. When you have the CR speed lined up it causes the belt to sag.

The CR speed also if not kept tight can let the mags bounce when you are moving and this sometimes causes the first round to walk forward some and when you go to reload this could cause problems, it least it has happened to me a couple of times in matches.

I have been using the CR speed, and just recently switched to the Safariland 773 for single stack on the safariland belt.

You can get 5 mag pouches closer together than with the CR speed, and Chuck has the velcro kits in for safariland, you put this on the back and it secures better to the belt than the CR Speeds. When you have the CR speed lined up it causes the belt to sag.

The CR speed also if not kept tight can let the mags bounce when you are moving and this sometimes causes the first round to walk forward some and when you go to reload this could cause problems, it least it has happened to me a couple of times in matches.

Is there "special velcro" to use with these. I just got mine yesterday and there was no mention of this.

The Single Stack rules will not address any type of holster by name. It refers to where the gun sits. The rule requires the holster (whatever holster) to carry the entire front strap, down to the trigger guard, must be at or above the top of the belt. There is an exception for females that allow them to carry the gun with the heel of the butt at the top of the belt.

Gary

Is there "special velcro" to use with these. I just got mine yesterday and there was no mention of this.

I just made a trip to Home Despot and used the heaviest duty sticky back stuff they had. Clean off the plastic good ahead of time and I've not had any come undone.

Yep, when I ordered mine from Chuck at Shooter Connection 2 weeks ago he mentioned it, it was like $7.

The measurement is no longer the proposed 1 inch. It is now 2 inches for all divisions.

Gary

Where did you find this info? All I've seen is the 2 inch or 50mm rule in the 2004 rule book and the, 1 inch for magazines for all divisions, in the 2008 proposed rule book.

Did something get published somewhere that I haven't seen yet? Any help appreciated.

The measurement is no longer the proposed 1 inch. It is now 2 inches for all divisions.

Gary

Where did you find this info? All I've seen is the 2 inch or 50mm rule in the 2004 rule book and the, 1 inch for magazines for all divisions, in the 2008 proposed rule book.

Did something get published somewhere that I haven't seen yet? Any help appreciated.

I could be wrong, but I think he's one of the guys that wrote the book