Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 S&W IDPA Indoor National Championships

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were told the results were to be posted on Julie's web site but I don't see them there yet. I hope she didn't have an emergency delivery! :blink:

I wasn't there but I believe Julie did have her "emergency delivery" this past weekend. Hope Mommy-G and Baby-G are doing well and God bless! :cheers:

I haven't shot much IDPA... and certainly not in a loooong time! So, I was just really happy to finish without any penalties/procedurals! :cheers:

What an AWESOME match!!! The stages were GREAT... very creative with some pretty complicated props. All of the SOs were courteous and helpful and most importantly, very fair!

We shot on Friday and everything ran very smoothly for us. The match staff did an excellent job. A special Thanks! to Julie and Pete Goloski for communicating with me weeks before the match to help me make certain that all my gear was legal.

This was a really well thought out/planned match and I had a LOT of fun! Big THANKS to all involved!!!

It was nice to meet you Yamil! :D

I also tried out my new camcorder at this match... it can shoot Night Vision video (or something like that) so I tried it out on the dark stages. I'm just learning how to use this thing, so I apologize for the the hiccups in the videos. I think I got some of every stage... except the elevator stage :( ... but there were only 5 in our squad so it was tough to get much variety.

Here's a couple...

Shannon Smith - Stage 1 - Cleaning Trouble

(Gary) Mike Calloway - Stage 8 - Rooftop Serenade

Sharyn Cohen - Stage 9 - Poolside Pandemonium

I'll post more videos later today.

:D

It was an interesting match.... had it been in full light Bob V. would have shot it in 50.

The only thing that made it tough was the lack of light. Especially for old cataract filled eyes like mine. Silly me--- I thought in a low light stage you could use your flash light if there wasn't enough light to even see your gun.

It was great to see Bob take the "pros" the cleaners AGAIN. I predict a MAJOR sponsor for that young man ----very soon!!!!

I too am still looking for scores.

Edited by MichiganShootist

Hey Sharyn,

I saw you captured the photographer in your Stage 8 video.

Do you remember what the name of his website printed on his shirt was?

Is this guy a well known photographer for the shooting sports?

He was a nice guy to talk to. Knew his stuff!

Thanks.

We were told the results were to be posted on Julie's web site but I don't see them there yet. I hope she didn't have an emergency delivery! :blink:

I wasn't there but I believe Julie did have her "emergency delivery" this past weekend. Hope Mommy-G and Baby-G are doing well and God bless! :cheers:

She looked close on Saturday evening.

Hey Sharyn,

I saw you captured the photographer in your Stage 8 video.

Do you remember what the name of his website printed on his shirt was?

Is this guy a well known photographer for the shooting sports?

He was a nice guy to talk to. Knew his stuff!

Thanks.

That's Yamil aka ysued :D

http://hotgunshots.com/

Hopefully he'll chime in here and add a few pics too! :D

When I asked the Match Director about the DNF's he told me the majority were shooters whose ammo did not meet the minimum power factor requirements.

I'm going to chrono my ammo before any big match even if I think it will pass. Just to be sure. I'd hate to spend all that money going to a match and get my face junked for using "soft" ammo...

Since this was a sanctioned IDPA match and the "Indoor Nationals", then I assume the awards policy is consistent with those of IDPA HQ and the rule book.

An award for each 3 places per division/classification.

Can anyone confirm that?

I know that last year, the Match Director said they only went 3 places per division because it was their "tradition" to do so.

For those of us that missed the awards ceremony..who knows the policy this year?

Thanks.

:blink::unsure::wacko:

When I asked the Match Director about the DNF's he told me the majority were shooters whose ammo did not meet the minimum power factor requirements.

I'm going to chrono my ammo before any big match even if I think it will pass. Just to be sure. I'd hate to spend all that money going to a match and get my face junked for using "soft" ammo...

Since this was a sanctioned IDPA match and the "Indoor Nationals", then I assume the awards policy is consistent with those of IDPA HQ and the rule book.

Can anyone confirm that?

I know that last year, the Match Director said they only went 3 places per division because it was their "tradition" to do so.

For those of us that missed the awards ceremony..who knows the policy this year?

Thanks.

They sure did... and boy was it painful. One award for each 3 competitors/classification is a bit much when you have 30+ in some classes. I think they should do 3 tops regardless IMO.

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks.

They sure did... and boy was it painful. One award for each 3 competitors/classification is a bit much when you have 30+ in some classes. I think they should do 3 tops regardless IMO.

Would you display an award that said you came in 13th place? Now there is some accomplishment in coming in 13th out of 39 competitors, but it just wouldn't look right on your mantle.

And they gave a "high press" award even though the results show there was only 1 press competitor. It just doesn't seem right.