Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf Barrels

cferree

Does anyone have any experience with LWD barrel? Accuracy, reliability, etc.? I’m specifically interested in the G17 length threaded barrel. I want to prototype several comp designs for a minor steel gun, and I don’t want to buy a $250 barrel for experimenting.

Any and all comments appreciated,

Charles

A20840

Does anyone have any experience with LWD barrel? Accuracy, reliability, etc.? I’m specifically interested in the G17 length threaded barrel. I want to prototype several comp designs for a minor steel gun, and I don’t want to buy a $250 barrel for experimenting.

Charles

A20840

Probably the best bang for the buck out there just like everything else LWD makes like their connector. The barrels used to be made by Storm Lake. I seem to remember reading somewhere that someoneelse was mfging them now. JoeD has first hand knowledge of them since he helped with their development. But yes....I know several guys that have multiple barrels by them and they perform extremely well.

I have been using one in my 24 for several months. It has over 4000 rounds through it. It is very accurate. I have a 9mm-40 conversion barrel that runs great and is also very accurate.

I got one for my G26. I like it, and it shoots great. The only thing is they "burn" that logo on the barrel and IMO looks cheesy.

Oh, and I did ask them directly, and the barrels are made in the USA.

Edited by halvey

Charles

A20840

Their LW minor 9mm comp works great. I'm having them make me a custom one in major too.

But if you do build one in major that works great, I may be interested to buy one from you.

i just stumbled across this thread, had not been on the site in a few days and was wondering the same thing about lone wolf. i was lucky enough to get one of the free 3.5 triggers they were giving away and was wanting to toss them some business. thank you for your comments, i will be ordering this week.

BTW, if you ask Lone Wolf they will make you a barrel with no markings for the same price. They can also produce them in a black coloring, but I am not sure what it really is.

There is a post somewhere on Glock Talkl where they have a bunch of barrels on display with flames and other items etched into them. They look cool, but not my style!

Can't beat 'em. Have one for some time now and one on the way for my other gun. Wonderful fit and finish. And I happen to like the wolf logo. Bought for shooting hard cast lead at a huge savings for practice and outdoor matches.

Bill :lol:

Edited by Bill Rosenthal

OK, can't find a 147 grain Zero to save my life except for the 2500 on my bench. Not expecting this to change anytime soon either. If I have to change (looks like it) and I want to go to a poly coated and a Lone Wolf (yes I know they say the OEM barrel can shoot them, but for $100, why push one's luck) what load and powder are people using for this. I would stick with TG, but it's just too hot for a poly or lead bullet. I won't use VV either, still very hot and the prices are crazy. Anybody got a pet load for a Lone Wolf with a Masterblaster or Precision?

OK, can't find a 147 grain Zero to save my life except for the 2500 on my bench. Not expecting this to change anytime soon either. If I have to change (looks like it) and I want to go to a poly coated and a Lone Wolf (yes I know they say the OEM barrel can shoot them, but for $100, why push one's luck) what load and powder are people using for this. I would stick with TG, but it's just too hot for a poly or lead bullet. I won't use VV either, still very hot and the prices are crazy. Anybody got a pet load for a Lone Wolf with a Masterblaster or Precision?

SA...you need to walk this thought over to the reloading section !!