Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disappointment: Bionic Woman

bountyhunter

I thought the new bionic woman would be a cool show.... but it just doesn't do it for me. The woman who plays the lead is really not very impressive on any level, and the story was convoluted and dumb. her acting is totally robotic..... method acting? What's worse... as my wife observed: "She's really not very attractive." The show seems to confused with the evil subplot crap, and built around finding excuses for her to beat people up.

Too bad..... I was kind of hoping NBC had a cool new show.

Just not feeling it.

I thought the new bionic woman would be a cool show.... but it just doesn't do it for me. The woman who plays the lead is really not very impressive on any level, and the story was convoluted and dumb. her acting is totally robotic..... method acting? What's worse... as my wife observed: "She's really not very attractive." The show seems to confused with the evil subplot crap, and built around finding excuses for her to beat people up.

Too bad..... I was kind of hoping NBC had a cool new show.

Just not feeling it.

I liked Jamie Summers... :blush:

I think the story is too rushed. There's no way someone goes from working behind a bar to taking on terrorists in a couple of weeks. I would have liked to have seen them take some more time as she comes to terms with the changes that have been made to her and how she copes with it.

The organisation that built her is too clear cut, there should have been a tad more paranoia about who the good guys were and even if there were any good guys in the picture.

It's not bad, but it could have been great...

... and I think the woman on there is PDT.

+1

I think it'll be like Dark Angel kinda fun but quickly tedious

At the risk of sounding like a guy..... jessica Alba is way hot. She was smoking on that show dark Angel. The babe on Bionic Woman looks like the girl in high school who drank too much because she wasn't very pretty and got mean when she drank.

I suppose being a guy, I like my superhero babes to be fanatsy-hot, not working-at-Starbucks mediocre.

"She's really not very attractive."

Are you watching the same show I am?

:blink:

Yep. BTW, that was my wife's comment but I agree. IMHO, her face is pretty skanky compared to what we expect to see in such programs.

Look at the show "Charmed" (eye candy for guys) and the show "Supernatural" (eye candy for women). The leads have to be smoking hot, it's a fantasy show.

remeber "Mutant X" show? The babes on that were totally smoking.

The show seems to confused with the evil subplot crap, and built around finding excuses for her to beat people up.

An exact remake of the original.

That's the problem. They needed to give it something new to sell it. I would have made the bionic limbs technology found in a crashed space ship, and after implanting them she starts seeing images of landscape from a foreign planet in her mind..... and she starts acting randomly evil because the alien was a space warrior programmed to kill the enemy in it's DNA coding.

They pay people millions to come up with ideas: how come this show doesn't have any?

And speaking of unoriginal - has anyone seen Journeyman? Why go where Quantum Leap had already been before and did a bangup job with the concept?

I haven't watched any of Journeyman, soon as I saw the promo's I thought it was just a remake of Quantum Leap.

QL was AWESOME ... :cheers: