Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Summer Blast

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for the P30, nothing as of yet and not sure if HK is going to do anything with the team for 2008.

Back to the match.....the theme this year is cartoons!

Stage names such as

"I'm hunting wabbits huh, huh, huh!"

"Speed Racer"

"Foghorn Leghorn"

"Quick Draw McGraw"

"The Road Runner"

I have to come up with some other names, but the stages will be way high on the cool factor this year. We have an artist that shoots with us and has offered their services to add a flair to the stages. The Aware sets the bar for stage design and we plan to take it to that level this year!

Larry

The 2008 Summer Blast application and additional information about the match is now available at http://lchico.5u.com/blast.html

Please get your applications in early. We have filled up and have waiting lists EVERY year. You DO NOT have to include applications in the same envelope in order to shoot together. Get the applications in first. You can email your squad requests later. Send applications & checks through regular US mail. I put people into the match based on postmark date - not the date they arrive in my mailbox. If they come special delivery, Express or overnight, I will return them.

The warning about not waiting is for those shooters who want to put together a group. I realize that at most big matches, the stats & registration staff want all the applications in the same envelope. That is NOT necessary for any match I am working. There is plenty of room at the bottom of the application to write in the names of the shooters you want on your squad. Or, you can email squad requests as I mentioned earlier. Unless it is impossible (squad size is limited to 7 or the time slot is full) I ALWAYS honor squad requests. This match does not use the USPSA on-line squadding.

Last year, 2 separate groups of shooters did not get into the match, and 3 others had to shoot on Friday (when they preferred a weekend time slot) because they waited to collect all the applications in one envelope & the match filled up.

The really sad part with one group of shooters is that the dates on most of the checks were in early February and March. The last check was for late May & by the time it got to me on June first, the match was full & all six shooters were out of luck. If the first 5 had put theirs in the mail individually, they would have been in the match & their one buddy would have been on a waiting list (and had a very good chance of getting into the match & on the same squad as his friends). Trying to get 6 guys off the waiting list together was impossible.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

• 2 weeks later...
Sent in my Entry today :cheers:

Jealous, I really don't want to miss this match but I've got some things to work out before I can figure out whether or not I can go. Might have to end up sliding in on Friday like a did last year after a work trip got rescheduled.

• 2 weeks later...

OK gang, stages are done and will be sending them to John Amidon tomorrow. Looks like the round count will be right at 250 rounds.

We have some throw back things for you this year......weak hand, strong hand and a Cooper Tunnel! Oh yea I almost forgot a stage named "Give me a whole lotta lumps!". Wait to you see it the stage fits the name, you'll love it. We have also brought back the slider on the stage "Race Against the Mammoth Car"

Of course the Summer Blast would not be complete without a CHICKEN somewhere.....so keeping with the tradition, we have Foghorn Leghorn on the stage "I say, I say...Oh Dog!"

Now I need to get to work on painting....... :cheers:

All Saturday PM slots for Summer Blast are full.

Saturday AM will fill within 2 weeks and Sunday AM will be pretty quick after that.

I am getting 15 to 20 applications a day. Please do not delay if you were planning to shoot Summer Blast.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Summer Blast Statistician

As of 13 February we have 208 registered participants. We still have 5 months until the match start date. Please do not delay in getting your completed entry form in for your prefered shooting time. Currently Saturday PM is full (a waiting list has started), Saturday AM most likely will be full within the next week as there are only about 6 slots remaining. Sun Am still has slots but will go fast once Saturday is full. :surprise:

We have 10 great stages with 251 rounds slated to complete the match provided you do not miss. Currently we have 3 guns to give away and that will most likely be somewhere around 8 to 10 guns with the response we have had from the sponsors.

We have a 4 stage shotgun side match (could win a shotgun) and a pistol plate rack where you can win money and a gun. :cheers:

So get your match application in as soon as possible. I have attached one in the form of a PDF document.

We look forward to seeing you at the Summer Blast.

Blast2008.pdf

I have fielded some questions about the plate rack side matches......here is the skinny!

Event #1

Shoot your gun in your division 50/50 payback

Rules are this.....3 runs of 6 plates for $5. All three runs combined for your total time (we believe in consistancy versues one great run)....now here is the twist. GM/M minus zero seconds, A class minus 1 second, B Class minus 2 seconds, C Class minus 3 seconds, D Class minus 4 seconds from the total time. I am going to play with these times in an attempt to make it level across the playing field, consider it handicapping. Whoever has the best time after the handicapping (if applicable) in each division wins 50% of the money taken in for that division. Yes you can shoot mulitpe divisions if you like. You can run the event as many times as you like for $5 each time!

Event #2

Win a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm (using this gun for the event) (we will also provide ammo)

Rules are simple.....3 runs of 6 plates for $5 (10 rounds in a mag only). Pick the gun up from a table and shoot the plates. The first two runs you can dial in your time (much like drag racing), then the third run...you guess your time. Whoever is the closest to their time wins the gun. In the event of a tie, we will draw names from a hat! You can run the event as many times as you like for $5 each time.

So what do you guys think about this additional event for your shooting pleasure!

I almost forgot......bring your shotgun, no excuses! Howard is planning a bigger and better shotgun side match than last year. If you shot last years, it was great! Like Howard says...come shoot the shotgun match and then go shoot the pistol side match (he means the Summer Blast).

I can't wait! How many stages?

For you, just one stage. Stage 3. :cheers:

See ya there bro! Are ya shooting the red blaster I sold ya?!

Larry- I am assuming that we can sign up for the pistol side match the day of???

Not shooting the red beast. Sticking with the Glock and production till I make my M card.