Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Summer Blast

Did most people stand or stay kneeling? I stayed kneeling.

Most stayed kneeling, but the funny thing was it always seemed like a squad decision, they would discuss it as a group then most in the squad did it the same way.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did most people stand or stay kneeling? I stayed kneeling.

Most stayed kneeling, but the funny thing was it always seemed like a squad decision, they would discuss it as a group then most in the squad did it the same way.

Absolutely correct. I caught that too. That was just one of the tidbits of info I picked up.

Ya, I felt bad about the out and back not activating. It was the only reshoot we had in 4 days, and it was my fault. I should have caught it before starting you.

Are you talking about stage 3 or stage 8? Stage 8 I had the issue, stage 3 went smooth. On both and all of the stages the RO were awesome and made the match alot of fun

Did anyone see the match on the news?

Jay6 and I caught the segment on the 5:30 edition of the news.

We were in Larry's squad and had the camera guy filming all of us for a few stages.

I feel sorry for Larry, he was answering questions in the middle of my run, I am sure my open gun sounded great in the background. :ph34r:

The news did a good job of the coverage, plenty of action shots as well as Larry talking about USPSA, the match.. etc.

Ya, I felt bad about the out and back not activating. It was the only reshoot we had in 4 days, and it was my fault. I should have caught it before starting you.

Are you talking about stage 3 or stage 8? Stage 8 I had the issue, stage 3 went smooth. On both and all of the stages the RO were awesome and made the match alot of fun

Ah, my bad. I still owe someone an apology for that.

We ended about 20 minutes behind schedule on Saturday and Sunday. Larry

(Really tired MD)

I was bummed that the 'Flex crew' was absent, missed you guys.

Could be someting to that. :)

I missed giving Lou and Larry a hard time. I just couldn't work all the matches this year. (Only worked the A8 because I'd told Ron I would...and it's kinda close.)

Wish I could have been there.

Congrats on getting the G in Open. Turtle Power !!

Did anyone see the match on the news?

Jay6 and I caught the segment on the 5:30 edition of the news.

We were in Larry's squad and had the camera guy filming all of us for a few stages.

I feel sorry for Larry, he was answering questions in the middle of my run, I am sure my open gun sounded great in the background. :ph34r:

The news did a good job of the coverage, plenty of action shots as well as Larry talking about USPSA, the match.. etc.

I missed it and was looking for it online and couldnt find it :(

I know the RO well, [edit] If that were me, I can't say that I would not have freaked out. [edit]

I was the CRO and you are correct, the RO did well on this one. I was watching my other stage at the time and called up after the incident. I asked what happened and the RO's response was "he cowboyed his gun!" Of course I responded "what the hell does that mean?". He explained the action, and yes, I would say he did 'Cowboy' his gun!! :surprise: Of course I immediately called for the RM, and his reaction was about the same as mine.... WTF???

Anyway, been a long time since I've been out. It was great seeing old friends, and always good to meet new ones!! ;)

If anybody has the scores for the shotgun side event, please contact me via PM or at carmoney4@aol.com

I'm trying to resolve a friendly bet, and need some info from the pump division score sheet. Thanks.

Great match as usual.

Larry and Linda have out done themselves again. The stages were fun and challenging and we made some money for charity.

I will be back next year.

Thanks to all the RO's and staff for the hard work.

ps, Larry, .07 just wont cut it the big time.

Just want to give a BIG THANKS to the entire crew that hosted this match! :bow: I shot horrible,,,,,,,,and yet I had a smile on my face for two days after! I was by far, the MOST FUN match, that I have shot.

Glad everybody enjoyed the cookies,,,,,I really got a kick out of how many people asked for them on Saturday, when we were there for our, "pre-match strategic planning" walk (LOL a lot of good that did). I kinda felt bad though,,,but that would have meant me getting out another range cart to carry them! :D

I still haven't recovered, from all of the physical and mental work, that just about every stage, took out on me, (yet when we got to our last stage, I was sad that it was over!), It all came and went too fast,,,,,now we have to wait a whole year to do it again <_<

And the fun didn't stop after we left the range,,,when we got home, a message on the answering machine from fellow shooter Andy, called to tell us that the hubby won, not one, but TWO guns in the raffle! AND, it just so happens that one of them was a Glock,,,,,,that he just simply told me, "How about you take the Glock, and get the 34 that you wanted". Like I had told a friend after,,,,,,,I am a lucky woman,,,,,,,,life really is GOOD! :wub:

Thanks again to everybody,,,,,we will be back next year,,,,,,,,I'll bring the cookies :excl:

The Match was a lot of fun, i shot poor on some stages and ok on others, but it was fun...

Thank you Larry, Linda and all the other staff on hand, i know the York guys did a lot of work. It is much appreciated.

Does anyone have a list of the raffle winners?

Thanks again

Tom

Thanks Dan, nice work; good looking stuff!

Congrats on getting the G in Open. Turtle Power !!

Flex, you da man but thanks for the props. Looking forward to seeing you on the range soon.

Anyone have a list of the winners for the raffle?

Here is the certificates that I have in hand. Others were passed out at the end of the match. I can recall several, but at the end of the weekend I am lucky to remember my name. Also I am doing the best I can here with some of the hand writing. Some of you guys should be doctors....no seriously, can't read a dang thing!

Safariland $100 Certificate - Darrin Garrity

Safariland $100 Certificate - Joe Roberts (I think)

Springfield XD 45 acp - Alan Meek

Springfield XD 45 acp - Ron Rodgers

C-More Certificate - Phil Negrete

C-More Certificate - Rick Steele (given to Paul Hernandez to deliver)

Pro Ears $100 Certificate - Craig Russell

Pro Ears $100 Certificate - Boul ? (should be a doctor)

STI Spartan - K. McW. (name withheld to protect the innocent :rolleyes: )

STI Tru Bor - Roy Neal

STI Frame - Greg Kulos

Trijicon Accupoint Scope - Steve Tallo

Bar Sto $200 Certificate - Jayson Smith

Para Ordnance 35% off Certificate - Mark Cooper

Benchmade Knife - Tom Beck

HK Knife - Steve Delottinville

Like I said, we passed some out at the match and some winners were present, I did not even think to write names down. I do know that one person won two guns, which if memory serves me right it was a Springfield XD and a Glock certificate. Also Cliff Walsh won the Smith and Wesson M&P on the pistol plate rack. Cilff guessed within .03 of his run. I didn't think a rev shooter could shoot an auto, he kept looking for the moon clips when it was time to reload.

Howard has the winner of the shotgun match. I am still waiting on several bills and the plaques to have a final total. When I get that done I will post it back here in th near future. Once again thanks to all who participated. Stay tuned for 2009....anyone have a suggestion for a theme?

Larry

Edited by sbmd

Thanks Dan, nice work; good looking stuff!

Turtle you are welcome. You certainly impressed me not only with your shooting (congratulations by the way) but also by hanging around after the match to help tear down. You Sir, are what everyone of us should be aiming to be.

C-More Certificate - Rick Steele (given to Paul Hernandez to deliver)

Hey Paul...I give you $20 for that piece of paper.

Pro Ears $100 Certificate - Boul ? (should be a doctor)

Ahhh...yeah...sorry about my sloppy hand writting. Ya want me to email you my mailing address?

:roflol:

Stay tuned for 2009....anyone have a suggestion for a theme?

Larry

Yeah, Lets go with Superheros!

How about our real Superheroes, our fighting men and women in the military. I can just see it: an Abrams, a Bradley, machine guns, Hueys, Apaches and the lst could go on and on!

Stay tuned for 2009....anyone have a suggestion for a theme?

Larry

Yeah, Lets go with Superheros!

How about our real Superheroes, our fighting men and women in the military. I can just see it: an Abrams, a Bradley, machine guns, Hueys, Apaches and the lst could go on and on!

Maybe Shawn will be back from Afghanistan by then and they will let him bring some tanks with him :roflol: