Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People that call me from INDIA..do you want a slushie

GentlemanJim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, the machine screens. If it is an international call I put the phone on speaker and go on with doing whatever (cooking, watching TV, etc). It is hillarious to listen to them try and get my attention for several minutes before they give up and hang up. They don't usualy call back.

BTW...in case you registered your phone numbers with the Do Not Call list awhile back...those expire after 5 years and you have to renew.

Caller ID: Don't know ya, better send a letter.

Years ago I did string one guy out for about 1.5 hours. Long story short, he gauranteed that I had won a Lincoln and wanted to close the deal. He said "So, if I showed up at your house with the car, keys, and title you wouldn't buy our product?" I said, Sure you have my phone number, get the address and come on over anytime. The next words I heard were, Have a good day sir.

I'll bet that new tag line leaves a bad taste in your mouth. :goof:

:devil::goof::sick::bow::bow::bow::sick::goof::devil:

LadyinBlue SCORES!!!!!!!!!

dj

TY...TY...but not sure how many points it's worth...you're the only one who even noticed it.

But, then again, you are brighter than the average bear.

I just answer them in German

You can also make up a language.

How about Klingon?

I'm not very good at it.

I wouldn't be sure if I just bought a time share or started an intergalactic war.

Direct from the Universal Translation Project

I thank you for your call but I am sure that I do not want a Slushie at this time. Please do not take offense if I hang up at this time. If you call me again I will take offense and demand satisfaction on the field of battle.

jIH tlho' SoH vaD lIj ja' 'ach jIH 'oH [sure] vetlh jIH ta' ghobe' [want] [a] [slushie] Daq vam [time.] [Please] ta' ghobe' tlhap [offense] chugh jIH [hang] Dung Daq vam [time.] chugh SoH ja' jIH [again] jIH DichDaq tlhap [offense] je [demand] [satisfaction] Daq [the] yotlh vo' [battle.]

------------

Edited by Merlin Orr

TY...TY...but not sure how many points it's worth...you're the only one who even noticed it.

But, then again, you are brighter than the average bear.

Not quite... I was trying like hell to NOT add to his misery... I failed :rolleyes: That will definitely leave a mark. :devil:

I like the this is a secure FBI line how did you get this number, who are you, where are you ect.

Not too unlike the mp3 floating around out there. Same angle, you answer the phone claiming to be a cop at a murder scene and then proceed to interrogate the TM.

So in the middle of dinner earlier tonite, I get a call from a guy with an East Indian accent. The discussion went something like this:

TM: Is [your husband] home?

Me: May I ask who's calling?

TM: Pliweriubu Vaiyureadfha of Phishtiombu Associates, a recruiting firm

Me: My husband doesn't like Chicken Tikki Masala. It's too spicy for him.

TM: Excuse me?

Me: He does like butter chicken though.

TM: I'm with a recruiting firm.

Me: I don't think Masala is too spicy. Especially if you have some Naan. [At this point I go into a long winded discussion of butter chicken versus Tikki Masala]

TM: Would you tell your husband....

Me: He loves that lentil soup thing. What is that called?

TM: We have a job he might be interested in.

Me: As much as he likes Indian food, I don't think we'd ever move there. We just remodeled the bathroom and I have finally got the house the way I want it.

TM: but...we're in Dallas

Me: Then maybe you can recommend a good restaurant?

TM: Uh...

Me: No huh? Well....Thanks for calling!

I swear I normally just would have said no thanks and hung up but because I had ready this thread today, I decided to be a smart a$$

Edited by carinab

So in the middle of dinner earlier tonite, I get a call from a guy with an East Indian accent. The discussion went something like this:

TM: Is [your husband] home?

Me: May I ask who's calling?

TM: Pliweriubu Vaiyureadfha of Phishtiombu Associates, a recruiting firm

Me: My husband doesn't like Chicken Tikki Masala. It's too spicy for him.

TM: Excuse me?

Me: He does like butter chicken though.

TM: I'm with a recruiting firm.

Me: I don't think Masala is too spicy. Especially if you have some Naan. [At this point I go into a long winded discussion of butter chicken versus Tikki Masala]

TM: Would you tell your husband....

Me: He loves that lentil soup thing. What is that called?

TM: We have a job he might be interested in.

Me: As much as he likes Indian food, I don't think we'd ever move there. We just remodeled the bathroom and I have finally got the house the way I want it.

TM: but...we're in Dallas

Me: Then maybe you can recommend a good restaurant?

TM: Uh...

Me: No huh? Well....Thanks for calling!

I swear I normally just would have said no thanks and hung up but because I had ready this thread today, I decided to be a smart a$$

:cheers: ...MISSION ACOMPLISHED........ITS MILLER TIME.... :cheers:

i look forward to the calls from TMs. you can say anything you want and make up the most outlandish stuff...just like with those 419 email scammers.

sometimes i just walk to the bathroom and hold the phone near the toilet as i flush. the last time i did that i heard the guy laughing as i hung up.