Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People that call me from INDIA..do you want a slushie

GentlemanJim

I bet I get 10 calls per week....some person in INDIA...telling me my vehicle warranty Is about to expire.

Or wanting to sell me insurance or telling me I won some bogus trip.

It could be any one of a dozen scams...one thing in common.....INDIA...I have gotten to the point ...that just the accent tickes me off.

THe callers wont take no thanks for an answer...wont stop talking...it drives me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently formulating proper insults to hurl back at them <_<

Jim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever trains these folks they do a damn good job. I was helping my grandmother get her printerfaxcopier up and running and after spending about 3247 1/2 hours on the phone with John Smith from India, We figured out the damn thing was a lemon. Long story short two replacement printerfaxcopiers later I was telling this guy that he was such a pain in the ass that even Ghandi would want to kick his ass. He and about three other John Smiths remained amazingly calm even though I was rather rude, to put it very mildly, to them.

When ever a TM calls, first words are "Please put me on your DO NOT CALL list." They know what this means. TM is a crappy way to make a living, but is how they are feeding their family, so I try to be respectful.

Now if they say anything other than "Yes, thank you goodbye." Barking like a dog loudly seems to work fairly well, and it always makes Christine laugh real hard.

Go thy to the one of the few things that the gummit has done lately to make my life easier. The National Do Not Call Registry. https://www.donotcall.gov Sign up and you're good for 5 years.

Doing so dropped my TM calls from 3 a day to maybe 2 a month. And those one or two a month all I have to say is "I'm on the National Do Not Call Registry" and they hang up on me.

You may also want to do a search to see if your state has a DNC registry. Mine does. It works.

When ever a TM calls, first words are "Please put me on your DO NOT CALL list." They know what this means. TM is a crappy way to make a living, but is how they are feeding their family, so I try to be respectful.

That and Scott's advice of just hanging seems to make the most sense to me. Good kharma seems to go a long way.

Rich

I had one call offering mortgage brokering. I asked could he beat 3%. He said what? in an elevated tone. His next comment was how do you get that rate. I told him I am good at giving h### he hung up. I laughed.

Imagine if THAT stuck there.

Ahem...

I think you should make it happen Flex.

As a favor to me. ;)