Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you man enough?...or the myth of a pink gun

GentlemanJim

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took the Teutonic Princess to her first USPSA match to watch & she liked it enough to say she might give it a try if I had extra equipment for her to use.

So I surprised her with her own "rig" consisting of an old belt, kydex holster, mags, and a Glock 17.

She liked it OK, but her first question about the Glock was:

"Can we paint it PINK?" :unsure:

Having your wife share your sport ...is worth whatever it takes....paint the gun :cheers:

Jim

IF I had a wife, I would be happy to paint her gun pink, but being I don't, mine will remain BLACK :lol:

Are you more opposed to having a wife or painting a gun pink? :)

Having your wife share your sport ...is worth whatever it takes....paint the gun :cheers:

Jim

IF I had a wife, I would be happy to paint her gun pink, but being I don't, mine will remain BLACK :lol:

Are you more opposed to having a wife or painting a gun pink? :)

THAT is an outstanding question!!!! If I have a choice between the two.....

OK, where is the pink paint? :devil:

Edited by zhunter

Well, after all the talk. I went to Jim and Nanci's to see the PINK gun.

I phoned Jim the nite before and told him when I would be there. He answered the door, well let's just say not fully dressed.

After some discussion he whipped out the PINK gun. It shot straight and fast !!

:surprise:

If you understand Jim's humor and outlook, then you can visualize the PINK gun think.

We did some drills on 5 poppers, one launching a clay in the air. The paint job looked high quality and the shotgun was fast and light recoiling. Actually once you shouldered it and focused on the targets letting the lead fly, the PINK seemed to go away and it was like most other open shotguns.

Then lowering the shotgun down after a fast run and a broken clay in the air, I looked at the gun and thought to myself, WOW !! I just did that with a PINK shotgun !!!

ROCKON Jim & Nanci you guys are COOL

Well, after all the talk. I went to Jim and Nanci's to see the PINK gun.

I phoned Jim the nite before and told him when I would be there. He answered the door, well let's just say not fully dressed.

After some discussion he whipped out the PINK gun. It shot straight and fast !!

:surprise:

If you understand Jim's humor and outlook, then you can visualize the PINK gun think.

We did some drills on 5 poppers, one launching a clay in the air. The paint job looked high quality and the shotgun was fast and light recoiling. Actually once you shouldered it and focused on the targets letting the lead fly, the PINK seemed to go away and it was like most other open shotguns.

Then lowering the shotgun down after a fast run and a broken clay in the air, I looked at the gun and thought to myself, WOW !! I just did that with a PINK shotgun !!!

ROCKON Jim & Nanci you guys are COOL

Thanks Damon...you are awesome! I don't know anyone who would loan their shotgun and accessories to me for an entire month and do without so I can get ready for Nationals. Plus, you came over and coached me in shooting it. You are the man! :bow::bow:

Thanks...~Nanci~

Well if we're showing off our pink guns I guess I should throw mine in the mix. I don't even like the color pink - I just find it terribly ammusing that the guys don't even want to set their rifles next to mine on the rack because it might be catching or something.... :lol:

myar.jpg

Well if we're showing off our pink guns I guess I should throw mine in the mix. I don't even like the color pink - I just find it terribly ammusing that the guys don't even want to set their rifles next to mine on the rack because it might be catching or something.... :lol:

myar.jpg

Wow Sam...that's beautiful. I don't like pink either...mine are all blue. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. :)

Could not help but notice the partial funnel in the bottom of the pistol grip on the shotgun. Does that help with the speedloaders? Or was it just necessary to make room for them?

Both...it does guide the loader...and the notch has to be there to allow the loader the correct angle

Jim

Hi! is that a homemade guide ?

The Pink AR did not bother me, but the possibility of the Pink Single Stack worries me immensely :unsure:

I think it started with the engine turned AR receiver....downhill from that point forward...do you really want to risk the wrath of the ghost of Jeff Cooper by turning a 1911 Pink...I thought NOT....