Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moved to the Moderator Forum:2010 Pan American Shotgun Championship

AND, would you please ask all those kids to hold it down with the go-carts, us oldfarts need to be gettin our shuteye. thanks :P

Well since your wife is not shooting she can hang out with the night owls and have fun....but rest assured that the go cart track is well out of ear shot of your hotel.

It's 2 doors down the road. :angry:

Not from my hotel its not...but bless you for choosing a hotel where Cheryl will be in her usual position of being the center of attention.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the closest place to fly into for this match?

Anybody want to sell me a ride to the match from the airport above?

Can my equipement be there for match registration and equipement check if I am not there yet? i.e. can someone haul my gun and ammo and sign me up if I can't get a flight until late in the day Wednseday?

I know what your thinking, "damn Jesse its less than a week away". I know but I have been traveling a bunch and haven;t had time to plan this out and now im panicking.

Edited by jtischauser

Jessee,

Look into flying to Nashville TN ( BNA )is the airport code (Southwest is who I recomend) It is not quite a 2 hr drive from the airport.

HOP

Thanks HOP!

Last question until I think of another one, will a cheap little subcompact get around the range/match or will I need an SUV/4x4?

Can my equipement be there for match registration and equipement check if I am not there yet? i.e. can someone haul my gun and ammo and sign me up if I can't get a flight until late in the day Wednseday?

I know what your thinking, "damn Jesse its less than a week away". I know but I have been traveling a bunch and haven;t had time to plan this out and now im panicking.

We flew into Louisville for the BRM3G match, which is about an hour away from the range.

Edited by gose

Jessee,

Look into flying to Nashville TN ( BNA )is the airport code (Southwest is who I recomend) It is not quite a 2 hr drive from the airport.

HOP

Thanks HOP!

Last question until I think of another one, will a cheap little subcompact get around the range/match or will I need an SUV/4x4?

I was told there would be some sort of transportation provided to competitors to get from Zone to Zone.

Edited by cold

We flew into Louisville for the BRM3G match, which is about an hour away from the range.

Thanks! Louisville it is.

Jessee,

HOP

HOP drives real slow.smile.gif About 1.5hrs on a Sunday afternoon. Nashville nice airport to get in and out.

Uh Jesse it's two weeks way. Don't panic. You'll be fine.

Uh Jesse it's two weeks way. Don't panic. You'll be fine.

When I typed that post I was thinking it was next week! I was sweating searching for flights. Hopefully there will be enough time for me to get out and shoot my shotgun before the match. And if all goes well I am having a Red Neck Tactical rear sight installed on the shotgun tonight.

Thankfully I got a flight for under $325. The car and airfare where less out of Loiusville so I went that route.

Thanks for all the help everyone. First beer is on me! :cheers:

Edited by jtischauser

There are a few last minute details I need to cover about the IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match. This information was also emailed to all registered competitors in the match.

Stages Posted:

I wanted to post the stages by July 10, 2010, but was still waiting for the message from IPSC that our final stage (a revision was made) had been approved. So many competitors were asking, so I have posted with the warning that Stage 4 (Zone 1) is still pending approval. To view or print the stages, see http://www.panamericanshotgun.org/stages.html

Transportation around the Range:

You will not be able to drive an automobile or truck to the stages. If you are bringing a personal ATV or golf cart, that is fine. You may rent a golf cart from Rockcastle Shooting Center for $30 per day. This is a special price for this match only, and is only available for golf carts reserved in advance. During Sporting Clays events at Rockcastle, these golf carts rent for $60 per day. The golf carts seat 2 people (you can share the cost with another shooter on your squad), will carry all your gear, and can be driven right up to the stages. Transportation for those without golf carts or ATV's will be a group ride on a flatbed pulled by a tractor and will take shooters to the Zone, but will require walking and carrying all your gear and ammunition within the Zone.

In order to be sure that they have enough golf carts for everyone who may need one, Rockcastle would like a list of competitors who want to rent a cart during the match. Please send an email to LChico@msn.com if you want to reserve a golf cart. Payment for the carts will be accepted at registration. We are trying to get a rough list and this does not commit you to golf cart rental. However, if all available carts are reserved, there may not be a golf cart to rent once you arrive at the match.

Federal Flite Control ® Buckshot:

Federal Flite Control (FFC) Buckshot may be used at the match, and some countries and regions report having a difficult time obtaining this ammunition. Official Match Ammo Supplier - Gamaliel Shooting Supply - has made arrangements to have FFC buckshot available for sale at the match. They would like to be sure they have a sufficient quantity available. If you would like to purchase FFC buckshot at the match, please email grayson.pare@gamaliel.com and indicate you are interested in Federal Flite Control buckshot. They are trying to get an idea of the quantity they need to have at the range. This does not commit you to purchase the ammunition (you are not pre-paying for the ammunition) but this will guarantee that the buckshot you want to purchase is available at the match.

Official Teams and Unoffical "Fun" Teams:

Per IPSC rules, only the official teams from the Pan American region are eligible for President's medals. Please review the rules if you have a question about official teams. By popular demand, we will also recognize unofficial "fun" teams. Awards for fun teams will be presented at closing ceremonies, separate from official Team recognition. Teams may have 3 or 4 members, and must all be in the same division, although the do not need to be from the same region. I currently have a Team Bayerische Rhoen Germany, Team Rockcastle, and a Team IROA. Team fees are $20 per shooter and may be paid at Registration.

Please email LChico@msn.com if you have any questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Match

Co-Match Director

Dang those golf carts are more expensive per day than my sub compact rental car. Do you think I could pick my golf cart up at the Louisville airport? I'll split the $15/day savings with you? Heck the golf cart is probably larger than my rental too. Maybe I can pass off my rental as a golf cart? LOL!

What's the LaRue made of ?? card or metal ??

Stages look good,thanks Linda for posting them.

Im shooting & reporting on the event for a few Euro gun publications - so look me up

at the match if any one wants to be a photo star !

Edited by gunfighteruk

Larues are metal, self resetting sniper targets. Typically set 50-80 yds for slugs. Standard target for most 3Gun matches in the US for rifle and shotgun slugs. They are fun.

Hey Joe-you beat me to it.

Edited by Jadeslade

Hey, any of you guys from overseas-if you are into trading shirts, bring some larges and we can see if it works. When I played basketball and AAU baseball, we would often trade shirts with opponents, especially in playoffs or tournament games. Only shirts you have duplicates of or will be getting new ones. I have an Ohio US IPSC 2009 large Techwear that I have 2 of, and I have my own black Techwear with Miami Vice blue-green and Atlanta Arms Ammo logo. I really like some of the club shirts I have seen from Argentina, Italy, and Germany. I know there are probably some flashy shirts in England too. I mean Mick and Elton didn't come from nowhere. Really looking forward to this match.

What's the LaRue made of ?? card or metal ??

Here is a little video of us using LaRue's with shot at the 2010 High Plains Shotgun Challenge. I shoot them at ~ :50 & 1:45 in the video. Althogh these didn't have the auto reset runing on them during this match it gives you an idea of the size.

High Plains Shotgun Challenge

Hey, any of you guys from overseas-if you are into trading shirts, bring some larges and we can see if it works. When I played basketball and AAU baseball, we would often trade shirts with opponents, especially in playoffs or tournament games. Only shirts you have duplicates of or will be getting new ones. I have an Ohio US IPSC 2009 large Techwear that I have 2 of, and I have my own black Techwear with Miami Vice blue-green and Atlanta Arms Ammo logo. I really like some of the club shirts I have seen from Argentina, Italy, and Germany. I know there are probably some flashy shirts in England too. I mean Mick and Elton didn't come from nowhere. Really looking forward to this match.

I've got some spares going back over a few years, size XL. I've been nagged that I've got too many so it's as good a reason as any to move some on. Better than them going in the bin. Nothing fancy and not hi-tech, but you, or any other, will be welcome to them. I just hope by luggage allowance will accomodate them but probably OK.

Looking forward to the match!