Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championships

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With just one day of shooting left to go, here are some notable highlights;

Eric has won 10 of his 18 stages, with 6 left to go he is already at 75% of the current leader, Saul Kirsch.

Eric has hit only 2 D's so far and 36 C's and 242 A's. His average stage percentage is currently 97.69% :surprise:

In the Ladies Open division, Gabriele Kraushofer is leading Lenka Horesji (CZE) and Doni Spencer(CAN) by 5 and 23 points respectively, all three have completed the match, it only remains to be seen if any of the other competitors can catch them.

Ralph Arredondo is leading the Mens Open Super Senior division.

In Production divison, Adam Tyc (IPSC World Champion) is sitting at about 76% with 6 stages left to go, and appears to be on track to win the title. Angus is at 62% but he has yet to shoot 8 stages.

In Standard, Mike Seeklander is leading the USA contingent with 71% with 6 stages left to go, Phil Strader is at 68% and Henning back at 66%. David Skinner is currently at 5th place in Standard Super Senior.

Thanks for posting.

I keep finding pictures with Deb Hanna in them, but nothing so far with BDH.

[edit]...wait a second. I found a picture of what looks to be his shoe and a hand with a timer in it. :)

Both are in good form and, not surprisingly, they have fitted in exceptionally well. Nice people. I was staying in the same hotel until I came home on Monday and went out to dinner with them on Sunday evening.

Deb has been co-opted as a local RO and is therefore formally working, she joined the local team of ROs for the opening procession.

Seems they had a great time in London before travelling out to France. We've spent some time trying to explain the rules of rugby. Apparently one of the big matches was on the TV in a pub they visited and they're still trying to unravel the mysteries. :rolleyes:

More people like Brian and Deb please.

Thanks for posting.

I keep finding pictures with Deb Hanna in them, but nothing so far with BDH.

[edit]...wait a second. I found a picture of what looks to be his shoe and a hand with a timer in it. :)

That's him. Have you ever seen Brian without a timer in his hands ??? :)

Wow - Eric shot 346 Alphas, 44 Charlies, and 2 Deltas. 1910 out of 1960 points = 97.44%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing.

That's why he's the best shooter in the world. No-one can get near him with an Open gun. I don't think he's lost an Open match for over a dozen years. It just defies belief.

Wish I could shoot internationally! It's always been one of my dreams since i started shooting.

You should definitely shoot overseas at least once. Each country has their own flavour of course design. The Philippines had crazy fast swingers and lots of them, UK had physically challenging courses of fire. In Germany they are lot allowed to shoot on the move so they have lots and lost of ports.

Over the years I have shot in UK, USA, Greece, Sweden, Germany, Philippines and Brazil.

European Champs are a good match to go to, there's at least 4 days of shooting and 24 stages and they are usually very, very challenging.

Edited by BritinUSA

The results will be back up again soon in full. The stats guys at this match have done a fantastic job but didn't post the results yesterday because the awards ceremony was last night (Saturday), so as to leave some uncertainty as to who won and what. I would expect them to be posted today or tomorrow latest.

Henning is 12th in Standard. Pretty damn good job.

12th is great, considering how much time he spends working on his shop. Last year I think Henning went to 20 some matches, & this year barely a handful. He & Fastgun Frank Sparby (from Norway) called me yesterday on their way to the banquet. He did say scores are traditionally posted after the banquet. Henning hasn't been able to find his little international cell phone card & hasn't had access to a computer, but he says 19-round mags work well in Europe :) We didn't have time to talk much, but I'm sure we'll hear all about it when he gets back.

-from Diann, Henning's lovely shop assistant ;)

Edited by sinnsyk