Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When someone backs out of a deal and you dont know it.

KentG

I hate it when someone commits to buy something from you when you have other interested buyers and neglects to tell you that they have changed their mind. As in someone saying they want to buy a pistol but then wont respond to PM or email when the payment doesnt show. Meanwhile your other interested parties may or may not move on. :angry2:

I hate it when someone commits to buy something from you when you have other interested buyers and neglects to tell you that they have changed their mind. As in someone saying they want to buy a pistol but then wont respond to PM or email when the payment doesnt show. Meanwhile your other interested parties may or may not move on. :angry2:

That shows a real lack of respect. Shame on whomever it was. :angry2:

Is it possible they have been out of town or had an emergency? Don't forget it is possible something came up and they aren't available. ;)

Edited by JThompson

How about when you commit to buy something and then the seller won't get back to you with an address or a total with shipping?

I 'bought' a 650 off USPSA, listed my 550 right away and three weeks later still can't get a response about the 650. Deal was 'done', just needed to get a shipping price so I could send funds. I'll bet money he got a better offer and just went with it after agreeing to sell it to me for a set price. I can't even begin to say what I think of that...

EDIT: 550 is shipped out, GONE, WITH the conversion kit I need. The conversion kit I bought for the 650 is sitting here. Gotta stop, getting angrier by the second.

Edited by HSMITH

How about when you commit to buy something and then the seller won't get back to you with an address or a total with shipping?

I 'bought' a 650 off USPSA, listed my 550 right away and three weeks later still can't get a response about the 650. Deal was 'done', just needed to get a shipping price so I could send funds. I'll bet money he got a better offer and just went with it after agreeing to sell it to me for a set price. I can't even begin to say what I think of that...

EDIT: 550 is shipped out, GONE, WITH the conversion kit I need. The conversion kit I bought for the 650 is sitting here. Gotta stop, getting angrier by the second.

I'll say it for you H... BS.

Speaking of BS... I didn't send that money out on time. It WILL go out Monday. Sorry about taking so long... I had an insurance bill come in. :(

Jim

+1 I had the same problem on the same site with a revolver for sale. Called left a message with an offer he countered, I said OK next thing I know it was 2 weeks later and he finally answered he sold it to someone else.

I hate it when they just string you along :angry:

That shows a real lack of respect. Shame on whomever it was. :angry2:

Is it possible they have been out of town or had an emergency? Don't forget it is possible something came up and they aren't available. ;)

Not this time, I sent PM and email for 3 days and never heard untill I sent the last one explaining if he didnt want it I need to know. I got a lame excuse about not getting email but he provided the addrs I sent them to off board and the PMs worked fine when he wanted to ask questions about the gun. I had a funny feeling about the guy and he only had 5 or 6 posts here.

I hate it too. This is why a feedback thread/forum is absolutely needed.

Yea, it may fracture the good vibes, but it stops a lot of this crap.

ETA:

Here is how it's done elsewhere:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=109

Funny, I just said this to someone in a PM. It keeps a person from continuing to abuse the forum members and I agree 100%. The way it is now, you can't say anything or the thread gets locked or removed. That keeps the BS off the forum, but the price can be high to the individual.

There should be somewhere on the forum you can post warnings to keep fellow BE members from getting screwed over. Maybe just post a screen name or email address. If you want the info then you could contact the person that made the post thru PM or Email. Other suggestions?

1. Caveat Emptor -- latin for "Let the Buyer beware! Just because it's posted here, don't throw all caution out the window. There's people on this forum, whom I've never met, and whom I would ship merchandise prior to being paid -- and then there's everyone else. Hang around for a couple of years, and you can get a pretty good sense for people.

2. If there's a problem, pm Brian or Flexmoney -- they may not be able to do anything for you, though they've occasionally been successful in resolving an issue, but they can certainly suspend/terminate a members ability to use the classifieds forum.

As to the "complaint" forum --- based on past discussions, I suspect that'll be a non-starter.....

I hate it when friends ask you to set up a purchase based on 3 or 4 guys all going together and getting some items, so you go through the process of haggling the dealer down based on a group purchase, then whe you go to pick it up, everyone else bails but you and now you look like an ass for getting the dealer to drop his price on a single item.

I have had a whole lot better luck here than anywhere else. But then again, seem like everyone I've dealt with, I have met somewhere, or have a friend somewhere that knows them. :D Really does have a small town feel once you think about it.

Oh, that sort of stuff SO burns me up.

I had that happen with a car once when I lived in MT. Local woman listed a 67 GTO in the classifieds. I went and looked at it that very day, agreed to a price and told her I'd be back the next day to pick it up (she had to get the title from her Ex that night). I went to the bank in the AM, got the money, called her to find a time to meet and that's when she backed out of the deal saying she had a higher offer (like $200 or some stupid amount). I said "we agreed on a price when you didn't even have the title in hand and I agreed to wait a day, now you pull this?" So, I said something like "okay, I'll match the higher offer and since we had a deal first, that should be fair right?" She said she didn't want to mess with the other buyer...oh, so it's okay to mess with me? :angry2:

Agree with all the comments.

I've had good luck on BE though. I've actually had sellers ship me stuff before they get my payment.

I've also dealt with some very outstanding trustworthy and trusting people here. :) I pray i don't disappoint anyone here that has to deal with me on a business transaction.

1. Caveat Emptor -- latin for "Let the Buyer beware! Just because it's posted here, don't throw all caution out the window. There's people on this forum, whom I've never met, and whom I would ship merchandise prior to being paid -- and then there's everyone else. Hang around for a couple of years, and you can get a pretty good sense for people.

+1 to what Nik Habicht says.

Agree with all the comments.

I've had good luck on BE though. I've actually had sellers ship me stuff before they get my payment.

I have had nothing but good expieriences here buying so far.....well except that there are a few of you here buying up everything I need before I get home from work. : :surprise::ph34r:

From what I read in some of those threads on ar15, they take that stuff pretty seriously, to the point (and I only read one or two threads there, so I might be mistaken) that there are folks who are almost the equivalent of enforcers and press the case not only on their own forum but throughout the net, and even legally. That takes a degree of aggressiveness and (perhaps justifiable) hostility that isn't found here.

I don't think anybody here would care to take on that role. Part of what's great about the Enosverse is that we're (largely ;) ) civil. The classified rules on posting, the smaller community, the mods, and the mostly smaller dollar transactions here have kept aneurysm popping ripoffs from being more than a very rare occurrence.

Still, my condolences and sympathies. People here have been straight up with me and I try to be the same for the rare item I sell/buy here. It rankles that anyone should be otherwise.

I have bought and sold stuff here and other places with no problems. I wont let it stop me because I had a feeling about the guy from the get go but gave him a chance. Once.

I think he was fishing for another pistol here for IDPA/USPSA but I wont post his name. I will send it via PM if someone really wants to know for future reference. Its not worth dragging him all over the net.

The items I have purchaced on the forum were as advertized and I got them in a timely manner!

I did not get any feed back on several items I sold...I sure hope the folks were happy with them :blink:

We were in a hurry to go out of town..and I shipped several items before being paid.....But I recieved ALL payments!

I think this forum is an honest bunch of folks.

Jim

The items I have purchaced on the forum were as advertized and I got them in a timely manner!

I did not get any feed back on several items I sold...I sure hope the folks were happy with them :blink:

We were in a hurry to go out of town..and I shipped several items before being paid.....But I recieved ALL payments!

Jim

That case of carrots I bought from you were a little on limp side. :surprise:

Jim

Don't let the Lady in Blue find out about Jim's limp carrot sales!

Jim

Don't let the Lady in Blue find out about Jim's limp carrot sales!

:goof: