Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glocks..

Turbo23

Just another one of the many questions that have been rolling around in the

empty space in my head....

For an Open Glock... would a 17 or 34 be the better platform??

Any one with some trigger time on either or??

That has some input.

SJC recommends G17 for Open Glock if you plan on shooting major PF loads. The G34 slide is milled out on the sides around the chamber hood area.

As soon as I get mine and get some trigger time, I will post my review.

SJC recommends G17 for Open Glock if you plan on shooting major PF loads. The G34 slide is milled out on the sides around the chamber hood area.

Mitch, You going to have it in time for the Oregon Glock Championship at Albany on Sept. 30?

Bill

Mitch, You going to have it in time for the Oregon Glock Championship at Albany on Sept. 30?

Bill

I sure hope so.

I was hoping to get it before Crazy Croc, that would have been fun!

Edited by HoMiE

I asked S&J Customs about a G34 and I was told that There isn't a barrel currently made for the G34 that offers the support for major nine.

If you're going to do the work yourself be sure to order the KKM/Nagel design for 9mm major.

Or just have John built it. I won my class at this years GA State Match shooting one.

Edited by TruStreet

I have been running a G34 for about a year in open minor and have been pretty competitive even against the major guys. If you hit all "A"'s it doesn't matter much :surprise: , not saying I hit all "A"'s. my point is that if all you have is the G34 I say go for it!

post-11093-1189631095.jpg

Wow,

Nice blaster... Good work by the way!

I will actually have a 17 on hand for a later project.

That is why I was asking the question, about 34 or 17..

What ever I did. I would most likely have the SJC boyz tackle it B)

built it myself, even the stippling

I'm trying out the new Lone Wolf comp for Minor 9mm. The comp is mated to a LWD barrel. Does anyone know if the latest batch of LWD barrels will run Major 9mm?

I got one of the prototypes... it is neat but NOT for major lol I called and talked to the guy & he said that they tailored it for factory 9mm ammo. I asked him about doing a major one to which he said their solution will be the popple holes in the slide...but that doesn't work for me & my c-more! I am thinking of making light load for GSSF & use the LWD comp. For major I will stick to my SJC & KKM barrel set-up.

Yeah, I just heard from a collegue that they're starting to make a new barrel for the 17C that you can use with the comp to make Major.

I just tried the LWD comp last night. Unfortunately my JPoint was defective, so I had no optics, but I did have a chance to compare muzzle flip on my 17C stock versus the LWD comp. The 17C by itself is very comfortable to shoot and really does a nice job at reducing muzzle flip. The LWD comp does a better job with hotter factory ammo though (e.g. WWB 115gr). The LWD comp and Atlanta Arms 147 subsonic is like shooting a spring loaded bb/pellet gun!

I'm trying out the new Lone Wolf comp for Minor 9mm. The comp is mated to a LWD barrel. Does anyone know if the latest batch of LWD barrels will run Major 9mm?

I got one of the prototypes... it is neat but NOT for major lol I called and talked to the guy & he said that they tailored it for factory 9mm ammo. I asked him about doing a major one to which he said their solution will be the popple holes in the slide...but that doesn't work for me & my c-more! I am thinking of making light load for GSSF & use the LWD comp. For major I will stick to my SJC & KKM barrel set-up.

Edited by The Outsider

A +1 for SJC. I borrowed a friends for a recent GSSF match in Washington. I typically do better with the stock gun than the unlimited gun and have never been able to get much under 50 seconds for a match with one. No practice at all with the SJC and I shot a sub 39 second run at the match. Over 20% reduction, with no previous trigger time. That gun flat rocks. I called John yesterday to see about buying one of my own.

Update on my LWD 9mm Comp...

WWB cycles reliably on a brand new 11lb spring, but my beloved Atlanta Arms Subsonic jams up occasionally. Not enough pressure to push the slide back and eject the round effectively.

A friend has the same setup, but with an old, soft 13lb spring (6000+ round). That seems to cycle pretty much everything.

Fiocchi (blue + white box) works great! I guess you need to at least have something that chronos >1100fps to drive the slide back.

Ya I am looking forward to wringing out one of those SJC's :devil:

Do it, I love the handling so far, glad I went with SJC's recommendation on the G17 instead of the G34. And like Spankymac, so far gun has run 100%.

I have been shooting a G22-hybrid in 40 open for about 5 years now. I also have a G24 that I am converting to 9mm major from 40 major. The G22 is on a CCf frame. I was fortunate that no gunsmithing was required to fit the barrel to the CCF frame. I learned the hardway with my G24 40-open barrel (broken lug after 7 shots....my fault :blink: ).

I may be selling the G22 in the near future, depends on how the G24 works out in 9mm major.

A couple of pix.........

post-12164-1190307422.jpg

post-12164-1190307431.jpg

Just another one of the many questions that have been rolling around in the

empty space in my head....

For an Open Glock... would a 17 or 34 be the better platform??

Any one with some trigger time on either or??

That has some input.

Just wanted to chime in. Check my ad in the classifieds. I got a practicaly new G34 for sale!

Jeff