Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Air soft steel challenge

newshooter

I thought it was very interesting to hear all the range commands. They were all in English. Is this common for IPSC events in other countries? I think it would be interesting to find out if real guns are allowed in China. A couple of those guys looked pretty damn good.

I thought it was very interesting to hear all the range commands. They were all in English. Is this common for IPSC events in other countries? I think it would be interesting to find out if real guns are allowed in China. A couple of those guys looked pretty damn good.

English is the official IPSC language for the range commands.

Hello: Man those air softs look like there big brothers. Even nicer than some that I have seen. I may have to look into that for my 8 year old son. Thanks, Eric

I just bought a Walther P22 for my 9 year old son. The small grip and no recoil makes it perfect to get him started for IPSC.

I may have to look into that for my 8 year old son. Thanks, Eric

Yeah, thats what I did. Oops, I don't have an 8 year old. Oh well, guess I'll have to play with it myself. :)

I set up several steel stages in my garage using pie plates. Attached loosely to wood sticks they clang loud enough to verify hits. My PACT timer would not reliably "hear" the shots so I wired up one plate as a stop plate.

Lots of fun. Can't wait until it the garage cools down below 100 degrees so I can practice more than 5 minutes at a time.

Bill

that's pretty cool. still trying to figure out how so many different shooters keep hitting the same spot on the steel. ;)

I think that's a little light that comes on when the plate is hit. Would be neat to figure out how to build a couple.

Bill

edited to add: Then again maybe Clown already knew this and wanted to see who would fall for the bait.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

that's pretty cool. still trying to figure out how so many different shooters keep hitting the same spot on the steel. ;)

I think that's a little light that comes on when the plate is hit. Would be neat to figure out how to build a couple.

Bill

edited to add: Then again maybe Clown already knew this and wanted to see who would fall for the bait.

I've seen something similar for long range rifle steel targets. I forget the manufacturer, but it is a little device that sticks on the back of the target and then sends a signal via wire or wireless to a bright flasher. The device 'feels' the vibration of the hit. It's really pretty cool. my bet is the airsoft targets are similar.

Bill

I've seen something similar for long range rifle steel targets. I forget the manufacturer, but it is a little device that sticks on the back of the target and then sends a signal via wire or wireless to a bright flasher. The device 'feels' the vibration of the hit. It's really pretty cool. my bet is the airsoft targets are similar.

Dillon has this there is a pic in the latest catalog but not on the website.

Dillon has this there is a pic in the latest catalog but not on the website.

A little expensive for 5 or 6 plates set up in the garage. Its already got me thinking of ways to tie in a small cheap flashlight on each of my pie plates.

Bill

Nice videos.

Sparked my curiousness, so I started looking around the net for the open guns some of the guys are using. I didnt find any. Any links? Or groups already having fun with these air soft matches. Are they using plastic or lead pellets. My kids are interested and me too. Something to keep the three of us busy this winter in our basement.

There are very few "factory" Open Airsofts. Most of the ones they're using come from custom "gun"smiths like real-steel guns here do.

It's not too hard to drill and tap a scope on to an Airsoft (I've got pics of one I did somewhere on here) since there's no worries about recoil, and the comp would pretty much just be for show anyway.

We're not talking about 2nd Amendment rights here. We're talking about a cheap way to practice at home to improve our REAL gun handling skills. Just because one wants to shoot airsoft doesn't automatically make him a "commie", nor make him anti-gun, nor make him anti-American, yada, yada. Whether you are shooting a real gun, an airsoft gun, or a rubber band gun, the basic skills remain the same. Go to youtube.com and do a search for "airsoft steel challenge". Some of those guys with their little commie bb guns are dang good. They may not be shooting a real gun, but you can't discount their skill and speed. Take that skill and add some REAL gun practice time and you have someone that could smoke most of us.

Darren

So thats how commies shoot IPSC :mellow:

Toys can be fun...but they are just that...toys!

Some folks (home grown commies) would like all of us to be reduced to mere slaves shooting toy guns :angry2:

crankey old JIM :ph34r: