Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Over-the-top" customer service

ima45dv8

I've been shaking my head over this one since yestrerday afternoon.

=================================================

I was checking out at a local branch of a big-box store. The sales clerk rang up my first video, paused, turned and looked at me, and said, "Yeah, he's over over 17." Then she asks, "Right?"

I of course said, "Yeah, I'm over 17." *For the record, I'm 49 years old and look every bit of that, plus some.

When she rang up the second video, she turned to me and said, "You know this is for Mature audiences, right?"

I said, "Yeah, I know."

Then she rung up the third video, turned to me and said, "This one's for mature audiences, too. You know that, right?"

I told her that Yeah, I knew that.

Then she stops her 'checking-me-out' duties, leans on the couner and lowers her voice. "You know, these sort of movies shouldn't be left in a house with children because there's content that they maybe shouldn't see. You have to be *very* careful about having these sort of movies around kids."

I was able to regain my composure enough to not use any colorful 4-letter words when I explained that 1) I don't have any children, and 2) all I need from her is to ring up my purchase so I can go home.

If I had had more time to think about it I would have offered to make a donation since I had already gotten the sermon.

:blink:

I just had the same shit happen.

I stop in the license bureau to give the state my $50 tax for turning 38 years old...and to make sure they have my SS# right and a good picture of me for the *most wanted* ads.

I get out of there and decide to pop into super-store to grab some Backwoods cigars to hold me over. I get to the check out counter and the guy there...dead ringer for Smeagol...he decides he needs to card me. I get out my ID to show him. He goes back and forth...back and forth...darting his little beady eye between my face and the ID, all the while with a stern look on his face. I had to find it humorous...what else could it be.

Oh, I don't mind being carded. It's sort of flattering. The Kroger store on the corner has a strict policy to card EVERYONE for alcohol purchases. I've seen them card people in their late-70s, and when they didn't have ID, refused to sell them their beer.

What I resent is getting an impromptu sermon on the suitability of R-rated videos I buy from some self-appointed Morality Cop.

Dont you know.....thats how they flirt with you these days :cheers:

Jim :D

Yeah, she just wanted to know if you had any luggage and was waiting for you to invite her over to watch the movies.

Edited by racerba

I think it was rude and freaking-downright-tacky of her to preach at you about the videos!! Totally none of her goddamn biz. :angry2::angry2:

Crap, nobody's carded me lately, and I even dye my hair! What am I doing wrong..??!! :rolleyes:

Alright Siggy Let's see some ID! We know you can't be a day over 16! :rolleyes:

I agree. I think she wanted you to ask her to join you. Of course, I have on occasion mis-read signals and my most used line was "I really dig your shoes."

:rolleyes:

Yeah, she just wanted to know if you had any luggage and was waiting for you to invite her over to watch the movies.

:D :D

I believe she should have hinted in a less annoying way, and ask if you felt alone, and wanted beer and a date to go with it!

:cheers:

Last week at a Gas America I stop at to buy some smokes and get the lecture from the girl behind the counter that those are bad for me and I should quit or I will die,

so I tell her that the cookie she is eating is making her fat and she should stop eating it, and then asked she liked getting advice, she just stood there with a dumb look on her face.

I like helping people

I've been shaking my head over this one since yestrerday afternoon.

=================================================

I was checking out at a local branch of a big-box store. The sales clerk rang up my first video, paused, turned and looked at me, and said, "Yeah, he's over over 17." Then she asks, "Right?"

I of course said, "Yeah, I'm over 17." *For the record, I'm 49 years old and look every bit of that, plus some.

When she rang up the second video, she turned to me and said, "You know this is for Mature audiences, right?"

I said, "Yeah, I know."

Then she rung up the third video, turned to me and said, "This one's for mature audiences, too. You know that, right?"

I told her that Yeah, I knew that.

Then she stops her 'checking-me-out' duties, leans on the couner and lowers her voice. "You know, these sort of movies shouldn't be left in a house with children because there's content that they maybe shouldn't see. You have to be *very* careful about having these sort of movies around kids."

I was able to regain my composure enough to not use any colorful 4-letter words when I explained that 1) I don't have any children, and 2) all I need from her is to ring up my purchase so I can go home.

If I had had more time to think about it I would have offered to make a donation since I had already gotten the sermon.

:blink:

I am sure she was just trying to "do the right thing" - though in a most obnoxious way. If she went that far, I would have been tempted to shock her socks off and respond:

"Oh don't you worry one bit about children seeing this, honey! I am no longer legally allowed to have any children over at my house. Honest. you can check the database online if you don't believe me."

LOL...

That reminds me. Since I am the Steel match director, I am often the one buying cans of white paint by the case.

Check out lady: Wow..that's a lot of paint...what are you going to use it for?

Me: It's for my neighbor.

Me: He ticked me off...and I am going to leave him a note...on his car.

Me: He was being nosy. BTW, what kind of car do you drive?

Check out lady: Ha Ha ha....hmmm...<puzzled/worried look>...ha...ha